Decision is in........No suspension for Lucic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Decision is in........No suspension for Lucic

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=601357&navid=DL|NHL|home

Shanahan cites "lack of intent" in not suspending Lucic

Oh man, there goes Canada's new hero, hahaha.  How many bruised knuckles are there in Quebec right about now.  "Eee must have a relative on zee Brueeens.  This is rideekoloos!!!!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Re: No suspension for Lucic

As expected since he did not go for the head

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

Re: No suspension for Lucic

JUSTICE!!! HOCKEY IS A GAME FOR MEN!!! GIVE BLOOD PLAY HOCKEY!!! LOOCH!!! YES!!! BUFFALO = PATHETIC CRY BABY!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Decision is in........No suspension for Lucic

oh no the Bruins are favoured because Campbell's father ..... 
    Joe Thorton what do you think about this hit ?  is it again your feeling that the Bruins get preferential treatment ?

Oh boy Lindsay Ruffles will be whining about this one.  Will seak revenge ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

Every time I've seen a goalie get run into the "hitter" gets a 2-minute penalty and his butt kicked by the goalie's teammates. The ref did his job but the Sabres didn't do theirs.  This is the first time I have even heard of a hearing being called for something this.  Right call by Shanahan and Lucic just needs to keep his head up the next time they play Buffalo.  The thing I'm most upset at Lucic about is that he has now put Thomas in some jeopardy. I can see some goon from the AHL get called up and try to make a name for himself.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

In Response to Re: Decision is in........No suspension for Lucic:
    oh no the Bruins are favoured because Campbell's father .....  Joe Thorton what do you think about this hit ?  is it again your feeling that the Bruins get preferential treatment ? Oh boy Lindsay Ruffles will be whining about this one.  Will seak revenge ?  
    Posted by BsLegion

That's what's so great about this Bruins team.  Do you really want to "seak revenge" against these guys?  They will beat you down, knock you all over the ice and put up 6-7 goals on you

Getting tough with them just plays right into their hands

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Decision is in........No suspension for Lucic:
    How many bruised knuckles are there in Quebec right about now.  "Eee must have a relative on zee Brueeens.  This is rideekoloos!!!!" Posted by Swerengen

That's some funny stuff while calling 911...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Already seeing people claim that Campbell is still fixing things for the Bruins

To people up there, Shanny was the savior.  He was going to make sure those mean old Bruins couldn't get away with their reign of terror anymore.  So they just can't accept that he would rule in Lucic's favor.....it had to be Campbell!!!!

Because yeah that's plausible.  I'm sure he made a call to Shanahan and FORCED him against his wishes to not suspend a player from his sons team, so he wouldn't miss a lousy game or two in flippin november

Do they teach melodramatic whining in elementary school up there or something?  Those people are collectively ridiculous

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Can't wait to hear Miller's reaction.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm suprised there was even a hearing. If Miller didn't have a concussion I don't think there would have been one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Can't wait to hear Miller's reaction.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Imagine a baby crying in a movie theater

Yeah it will sound like THAT

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Hi I'm Brendan Shanahan and I didn't suspend Milan Lucic, because someone from the Sabres should have pounded him on the spot for running the goalie. They didn't, so that is on them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

It's open season on running goalies now!!!!!

No it's still penalty canada.  Calm down

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_C1yy9Kcrs

Miller should watch this clip which I would title, how to stop a breakaway while not putting yourself at risk and thinking the player should avoid you at all costs.

Hope Miller gets a call to review his whipping his stick at Lucic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Funny how NONE of the outrage is coming from the Sabres fan base. It's coming from either:

a) The Sabres team
    or
    b) VAN/MTL/TOR fans

This cracks me up.

Also...I can't wait until someone runs at TT. They better be ready to get a blocker to the face. This is going to be awesome.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I knew it wouldn't take long for canada to turn on Shanahan

Ruling in favor of Boston is a complete no-no up there, regardless of right or wrong

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Every time I've seen a goalie get run into the "hitter" gets a 2-minute penalty and his butt kicked by the goalie's teammates. The ref did his job but the Sabres didn't do theirs.  This is the first time I have even heard of a hearing being called for something this.  Right call by Shanahan and Lucic just needs to keep his head up the next time they play Buffalo.  The thing I'm most upset at Lucic about is that he has now put Thomas in some jeopardy. I can see some goon from the AHL get called up and try to make a name for himself.....
    Posted by blydon75

Exactly right.  The downside to all of this is that Lucic has possibly put Thomas in some danger and given him something else to worry about besides just stopping pucks.  That was my concern right from the beginning, and why I thought it wasn't the smartest play by Lucic.

Now is the time for the Bruins to show what a better team they are than the Sabres.  Nobody hits Thomas without paying a price, and if he gets hit in his crease (unlike Miller), or away from the play, bring it right back to Miller on the other end. 

People who think this now means "open season" on goalies have a very poor understanding of what types of violations cause suspensions, and how a team might protect their goalie on their own.  You still can't hit the goalie -- it is a penalty.  If you go out of your way to hammer a goalie you may be both suspended and pummeled by the other team.  Lucic deserved a penalty and a beating -- he only got one of those.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

in my book...shanny is 5 for 5 when ruling on the bruins. marchand- yup, paille- right on, ference- no way, chara- tough luck, lucic- please. that's 5 for 5. as for his rulings league wide...some are head scratchers. no joking, when it has come to the b's, he's been spot on

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Shanahan didn't handle all those mentioned?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BritishColumbiaBruin. Show BritishColumbiaBruin's posts

How about laying off the bashing Canada comments?  There are alot of Bruins fans up here and I am pretty sure this isnt a USA vs Canada thing.  There are idiot fans on both sides of the border.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

How about laying off the bashing Canada comments?  There are alot of Bruins fans up here and I am pretty sure this isnt a USA vs Canada thing.  There are idiot fans on both sides of the border.
    Posted by BritishColumbiaBruin

It just comes too easily I guess

I apologise, you're right.  I shouldn't generalize and bash the whole country.  It's always the loud majority that gets your attention.....and they're mostly in Quebec, haha

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yeah, Canadian hockey fans like rough hockey. Tanner Glass on the 'Peg loved the hit. Canadiens don't like it just because it's the Bruins.  No one will go after Thomas because no one wants to fight with Chara.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Was listening to Damien Cox this evening on THE FAN 590's Prime Time Sports.  He said he thought Lucic's post game comments of "We would have taken care of business..." were shrewdly worded as they "cut to the heart of the manhood of the Buffalo team as he basically called them all out saying 'Yeah!  I hit him.  So what are you going to do about it?"  Cox said he watched the 7-0 rout down at the ACC and noted the Bruins were "big and mean."  Host Bob McCown said they were "dirty." My thoughts were I couldn't remember the last time I heard the Bruins spoken of in this manner. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

glad to hear Looch didn't get suspended. Nov.23 back in Buffalo should be an interesting game. Buffalo's been thoroughly embarrassed and a number of their players have said it in the media. Who gets the dance ticket with Looch? Kaleta? Guastad?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

glad to hear Looch didn't get suspended. Nov.23 back in Buffalo should be an interesting game. Buffalo's been thoroughly embarrassed and a number of their players have said it in the media. Who gets the dance ticket with Looch? Kaleta? Guastad?
    Posted by 4everbruins

Kaleta????  We can only hope......

Sections
Shortcuts