Decision is in........No suspension for Lucic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Decision is in........No suspension for Lucic

I think Shanahan blew this one. When Rome hit Horton it was WAR on the Canucks! I think the bruins fans who see nothing wrong with what Lucic did are hypercritical! There's a full two steamboat count while Lucic is gliding into Miller! That's more than enough time to stop, turn, or at least make an honest effort to avoid the contact. He made none of those choices, but went & took the easy way out. Those of you who are going to be saying "but he didn't see him because his head was down!" excuse isn't paying attention & it's the same kool-aid that Shanahan is drinking. If Lucic didn't see him come out, why did he stop skating to begin with? Why wouldn't he continue to stride to keep his speed to get to the puck quicker for a better chance & more options of what to do when he got the puck? He was striding because he knew Miller was going to beat him. He was gliding because, his brain got the signal to glide. He hit Miller because he wanted to stir the pot!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Decision is in........No suspension for Lucic:
    [QUOTE]I think Shanahan blew this one. When Rome hit Horton it was WAR on the Canucks! I think the bruins fans who see nothing wrong with what Lucic did are hypercritical! There's a full two steamboat count while Lucic is gliding into Miller! That's more than enough time to stop, turn, or at least make an honest effort to avoid the contact. He made none of those choices, but went & took the easy way out. Those of you who are going to be saying "but he didn't see him because his head was down!" excuse isn't paying attention & it's the same kool-aid that Shanahan is drinking. If Lucic didn't see him come out, why did he stop skating to begin with? Why wouldn't he continue to stride to keep his speed to get to the puck quicker for a better chance & more options of what to do when he got the puck? He was striding because he knew Miller was going to beat him. He was gliding because, his brain got the signal to glide. He hit Miller because he wanted to stir the pot!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I want to give Lucic the benefit, I have stopped watching the replay because I'll change my mind. All valid points Nite. Well said, but you'll be yelled at here because here they think it is Millers fault, not sure why, they just like to blame him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I think Shanahan blew this one. When Rome hit Horton it was WAR on the Canucks! I think the bruins fans who see nothing wrong with what Lucic did are hypercritical! There's a full two steamboat count while Lucic is gliding into Miller! That's more than enough time to stop, turn, or at least make an honest effort to avoid the contact. He made none of those choices, but went & took the easy way out. Those of you who are going to be saying "but he didn't see him because his head was down!" excuse isn't paying attention & it's the same kool-aid that Shanahan is drinking. If Lucic didn't see him come out, why did he stop skating to begin with? Why wouldn't he continue to stride to keep his speed to get to the puck quicker for a better chance & more options of what to do when he got the puck? He was striding because he knew Miller was going to beat him. He was gliding because, his brain got the signal to glide. He hit Miller because he wanted to stir the pot!

nite - In terms of a forward not getting out of the way and a goalie getting his bell rung as a result, the incident makes me of this one with Reimer vs the Habs from October 22.  The difference might be it looked like Gionta didn't have much room to squeeze past Reimer, fell into him and clipped his noggin.  Still it appeared he didn't exactly go out of his way to avoid the Leaf goalie.  He hasn't played since. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Decision is in........No suspension for Lucic : I want to give Lucic the benefit, I have stopped watching the replay because I'll change my mind. All valid points Nite. Well said, but you'll be yelled at here because here they think it is Millers fault, not sure why, they just like to blame him.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Well thanks for going easy on me Kel. lol, I'm not upset about Miller getting clobbered. It's hockey & things happen. What I'm upset about is Lucic not thinking about the reprucussions that could happen with a team mate. There's NOBODY on the Sabers that ANY Bruin should be afraid in a hockey fight. There's plenty to be afraid of in an unpredictable & loose cannon in Kaleta though. They have the instigator rule right? Well hitting a world class #1 goalie hard enough to concuss him is a great way to instigate something isn't it? I also as you say Kel, wonder why anyone is blaming Miller as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Decision is in........No suspension for Lucic : nite - In terms of a forward not getting out of the way and a goalie getting his bell rung as a result, the incident makes me of this one with Reimer vs the Habs from October 22.  The difference might be it looked like Gionta didn't have much room to squeeze past Reimer, fell into him and clipped his noggin.  Still it appeared he didn't exactly go out of his way to avoid the Leaf goalie.  He hasn't played since.  http://youtu.be/ZOQXQQ38jFE
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    I see a huge difference because Gionta turned his back to Reimer. He lost sight of him for a brief second & was concentrating on where the puck was. Lucic had Miller in his sight the whole time. Well, he was at least in a body position where all he had to do was move his eyes, or lift his head up. Gionta would've had to turn around again to see where Reimer was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Already seeing people claim that Campbell is still fixing things for the Bruins To people up there, Shanny was the savior.  He was going to make sure those mean old Bruins couldn't get away with their reign of terror anymore.  So they just can't accept that he would rule in Lucic's favor.....it had to be Campbell!!!! Because yeah that's plausible.  I'm sure he made a call to Shanahan and FORCED him against his wishes to not suspend a player from his sons team, so he wouldn't miss a lousy game or two in flippin november Do they teach melodramatic whining in elementary school up there or something?  Those people are collectively ridiculous
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

funny you say that because I did commentary on Sports channel aking why are the Bruins favoured by the league. Funny they did think that when Matt Cooke and Scott Walker got away scott free .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Decision is in........No suspension for Lucic : I see a huge difference because Gionta turned his back to Reimer. He lost sight of him for a brief second & was concentrating on where the puck was. Lucic had Miller in his sight the whole time. Well, he was at least in a body position where all he had to do was move his eyes, or lift his head up. Gionta would've had to turn around again to see where Reimer was.

nite - I hear you.  I was thinking only in terms of Reimer and Miller being concussed due to forwards plowing into them.  Gionta is trying to squeeze into a small space as he passes then falls into Reimer.  It's not like the Lucic Locomotive. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

I actually thought the concussion thing was BS (and it might be) but apparently he suffered one a few months ago, so it doesn't take much for a second occurrence. 

Of course that doesn't mean Lucic is to blame. Savvy's second concussion resulted from a relatively small hit. That's the only parallel between the Savvy situation and this one, but the point is that it doesn't take much at all to be concussed a second time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think you will find that there aren't many that see nothing wrong with what Lucic did.  That isn't the same as not thinking it warranted a suspension.  (Incidentally, you say the word steamboat amazingly fast)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Decision is in........No suspension for Lucic : I think you will find that there aren't many that see nothing wrong with what Lucic did.  That isn't the same as not thinking it warranted a suspension.  (Incidentally, you say the word steamboat amazingly fast)
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Exactly right DrCC.  I practically fell off the couch and said to my wife "what the **** is Lucic doing?" when I saw it.  I thought it was 100% his fault, it was a cheapie, and it was not smart given the retaliation that may come Thomas' way.

But still, I don't think it was a suspension type hit.  It is more a matter of respecting goalies and your opponent, and less a matter of breaking NHL rules.  Lucic basically showed no respect for the Sabres.  So far the Sabres seem to be fine with that...we'll see.

Bad form by Lucic, and of course he saw Miller there, but not worthy of a suspension.  The hit wasn't particularly nasty, just disrespectful.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I guess maybe I wasn't making myself clear. I don't think the hit was suspendable per say. I wanted him suspended so that the league took care of it instead of having Ruff, or the moron Kaleta doing something to Bergeron, or somebody else. Kaleta is a nut job & unpredictable. He's a poisonous snake that strikes without warning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I guess maybe I wasn't making myself clear. I don't think the hit was suspendable per say. I wanted him suspended so that the league took care of it instead of having Ruff, or the moron Kaleta doing something to Bergeron, or somebody else. Kaleta is a nut job & unpredictable. He's a poisonous snake that strikes without warning.

Agreed.  I almost think that instead of waiting for something, the Bruins should just double-down and come right after the Sabres aggressively.  If I were Lucic I would really want to avoid Thomas, or Seguin, or Bergeron paying the price for my actions.  He should let Kaleta,, McCormick, Gaustad, or whomever know during warmups that he'll take on anyone who wants a shot.  After Lucic takes a fight or two, then the Bruins can focus more on the game and be ready to maul anyone who tries to bring the fight to Thomas (or Rask).  The best defense is a good offense, sometimes.

I remember after Gary Suter brutally knocked out Paul Kariya, a reporter asked Chris Chelios how the Blackhawks would deal with retaliation attempts on Suter from the Ducks in the next game.  He said "it's easy; if they go after Suter we'll go after Selanne".  The past is the past.

No point in apologizing for what is already done in hockey.  Meet aggression with aggression.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

This is interesting:
    ""I felt until that moment, it's reasonable that he really felt this was a potential breakaway," Shanahan said. "He should have made more of an effort to get out of the way ... the reason this isn't, in my mind, supplemental discipline is because Lucic makes no movement towards Miller. It's shoulder-to-shoulder contact. I don't think it's any reasonable expectation on that collision that there's necessarily going to be an injury of that degree.""

I read this as Lucic chose to hit Miller and take the penalty, but he did so in a way that suggested that he really didn't think it could lead to an injury - and that's why there was no suspension.
    That's a curious take.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Decision is in........No suspension for Lucic : Agreed.  I almost think that instead of waiting for something, the Bruins should just double-down and come right after the Sabres aggressively.  If I were Lucic I would really want to avoid Thomas, or Seguin, or Bergeron paying the price for my actions.  He should let Kaleta,, McCormick, Gaustad, or whomever know during warmups that he'll take on anyone who wants a shot.  After Lucic takes a fight or two, then the Bruins can focus more on the game and be ready to maul anyone who tries to bring the fight to Thomas (or Rask).  The best defense is a good offense, sometimes. I remember after Gary Suter brutally knocked out Paul Kariya, a reporter asked Chris Chelios how the Blackhawks would deal with retaliation attempts on Suter from the Ducks in the next game.  He said "it's easy; if they go after Suter we'll go after Selanne".  The past is the past. No point in apologizing for what is already done in hockey.  Meet aggression with aggression.  
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    An interesting idea Fletch! I wonder if any of the Sabers would really want to go toe 2 toe with Looch.