Deep Playoff Run?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Deep Playoff Run?

When you look at the Pens winning 22 of 24 games add taking the east easily and the Hawks easily taking the west, do we realiy think the Bruins can match up with either of these teams let alone go deep in the playoffs the way they been playing? There is something missing on this team and they played very sloopy for sometime and it could be too late to fix what ever it is because it gone on too long.

It is sad to see what this promissing team has become this season and I hope the switch can somehow be flipped on but whatever it is hurting this team is deep and only they can fix it. A deep run for this team could be asking too much and some very hard decisions will have to be made at seasons end. I would start with Ward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Re: Deep Playoff Run?

If the Bruins can sweep their 1st round opponent, watch out for the Big Bear, as a well rested Bruins team is a most dangerous team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Agree, I've been banging my head trying to figure out if it's complacency or something else these past couple months that have turned this team into a shell of it's former self. One thing we know is that they're not playing their type of game and they also appear to be completely exhausted now too.

How is it that the 41 yr old Jagr seems to have a lot more energy than most of the B's? I know he's a workout warrior but so is Chara. Maybe when the B's had the sched advantage in the early part of the season Claude used the time to practice them to make up for the loss of camp time and now that the sched has gotten harder, they don't have any legs. Yet players and teams that didn't practice as much early on (like Jagr at Dallas) and used games to get in shape now have rebounded and gotten their second wind. 

Also, in the beginning of the season the refs were calling every ticky-tack penalty which led to the B's being in the box and on the PK more than most teams. I think this may have forced the B's (especially Looch) to get away from their hitting style for fear that they would keep giving other teams the man advantage. Now their timing in taking the body seems to be off, they've lost their identity, and they're exhausted on top of that.

Who really knows what is causing their lackluster play but just spitballing and searching for answers out of frustration.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The NHL Presidents Trophy has been awarded every year since 1986, that's 26 years. Seven times that team won the Stanley Cup. Remember that whining, crying fanbase of the team that won the award in 2011, it was the same team that finished with the best record last year. Vancouver got bounced by the eventual 2012 SCF winners in the first round.

Bruins finished the 1993 season with 109 points, from March to mid-April they lost 3 games and drilled the eventual Stanley Cup champs at the dreaded Forum 5-1 to clinch the Atlantic on the last weekend. Then the Bs got swept in the 1st round.

In 1996 the Bruins went 14-1 down the stretch and were confident against the Panthers onto get bounced out in the 1st round. 2010 everyone but a few on this board thought Boston would get crushed by th 103 point Miller led Sabres. Bye, bye Lindy!

It doesn't matter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'm as frustrated as the next person, but I still believe in this team. I think 2yrs removed doesn't take the championship caliber out of you. Unless your the BlackHawks & had to get rid of a lot of character that was a huge piece of winning the championship. Last yr the B's didn't have Horton, or Ryder & TT didn't have the same magic he had 2011. Plus I really think CJ & staff were stymied by Washington's play. They expected the Caps to come out in full attack, but they ended up throwing Boston's game right back in their face. Same idea of the 1980 US team against the Soviets. I really don't know how/what/why, or where this B's team is playing like this, but they have too much talent, too much leadership & have a hellva lot more heart than this. They will be better in the play-offs!! COUNT ON IT!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

I think some of the problem is the team has no confidence. Some one like Lucic, who had been a force the previous two years, would have burried that pass from Jagr last night. I think if they get a favorable matchup in the first round, it could go a long way in regaining their confidence and could have a huge impact on how they match up against a team like Pittsburgh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I still say it all comes together just in time for a deep playoff run. Players will settle into their roles/lines and Tuuka will will provide solid goaltending.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Yeah, the Bruins should just not even show up to the playoff games and grab their golf clubs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

“Teams don’t flip the switch, let’s be clear on that,”said Bruin GM about playoffs,they definetly got me worried,i've been trying to be optimistic,that once playoffs start they will be ready to go,but i don't no anymore.And if they do go out in the first round,to me that is a crap season,because it is all about winning,none of this that's ok they had a good season,there almost wasn't any hockey this year,that's all crap,i don't want to wait another 40 years for a cup,don't think i will be around that long,so Bruin's get your shi* together real soon, and start playing some real hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

“Teams don’t flip the switch, let’s be clear on that,”said Bruin GM about playoffs,they definetly got me worried,i've been trying to be optimistic,that once playoffs start they will be ready to go,but i don't no anymore.And if they do go out in the first round,to me that is a crap season,because it is all about winning,none of this that's ok they had a good season,there almost wasn't any hockey this year,that's all crap,i don't want to wait another 40 years for a cup,don't think i will be around that long,so Bruin's get your shi* together real soon, and start playing some real hockey.

Teams can flip the switch and win the Cup. See LA last year (3rd worst playoff team points wise and lost last 2 games of season going 5-2-3 in last 10 games).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

brunod, let me ask you a question. do you think before you post? you should. While I thank you for finally changing that annoying font, what is the point of this. You could have said it all in a few words. "I don't think the Bruins are good." that's the point of this thread. do we REALLY need another thread saying that. New plan for you, before you start a thread, scan the first 10-15 threads. If it's redundant, don't repost, just post in that thread. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

A month ago, I was quite confident it would be Boston/Pitt in the conference finals.  Now I cant see Boston advancing past the 1st round no matter who they play.  I don't think they can just "flip a switch" once the playoffs come around like many people here think they can.  Something is seriously flawed with this team and I think it is too late to fix it.  They lost their identity and look completely dissoriented and unmotivated on the ice.  They no longer physically dominate their opponents.   The team that for years were basically impossible to beat once they had a 2 goal or went into the 3rd period with a lead are now the biggest chokers in the NHL in those situations.  And Rask is not a goalie that can bail out a struggling team.  He will win when the team in front of him plays a decent game, otherwise his average (at best) goaltending will be on full display.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to abra-cadaver's comment:

A month ago, I was quite confident it would be Boston/Pitt in the conference finals.  Now I cant see Boston advancing past the 1st round no matter who they play.  I don't think they can just "flip a switch" once the playoffs come around like many people here think they can.  Something is seriously flawed with this team and I think it is too late to fix it.  They lost their identity and look completely dissoriented and unmotivated on the ice.  They no longer physically dominate their opponents.   The team that for years were basically impossible to beat once they had a 2 goal or went into the 3rd period with a lead are now the biggest chokers in the NHL in those situations.  And Rask is not a goalie that can bail out a struggling team.  He will win when the team in front of him plays a decent game, otherwise his average (at best) goaltending will be on full display.

Hope your wrong but i find myself thinking the same way,there last 28 games they have only one 14,they got off to that good start,but since then they haven't looked right,i think a lot of it is coaching,but that's another story.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

You're saying the Bruins are exactly what they appear to be and are incapable of a superior level of play? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

You're saying the Bruins are exactly what they appear to be and are incapable of a superior level of play? 

They are far more talented than what they have been playing like the past month and a half, and are probably the 2nd best team in the Eastern conference when they are on their game.  But I don't see how how anyone can make the argument that once the playoffs come around they suddenly will ramp up their level of play.  Based on what?  They have been consitently sloppy and out of sync for nearly two months and getting worse as the season progresses.  They haven't been able to beat Montreal or Pitt all season, which are the closest thing to a playoff-like game in the regular season.  Even when they were playing well early on, rarely did they put together a strong full 60 minute effort, and were still blowing 3rd period leads far too often. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Bostonfan191ECT.. you have your opinion and I have mine and I reprect posts from other posters.There have not been to many posts asking if the present Bruins can win, and I was asking if this team as it playing now could win. When you put down a fellow Bruin fan for no reason I question your faith in Bruins fans Everywhere. I read most posts and respect their views  and that is what this form is all about. I do thank you for taking the time to see that I have redone my FONT but that to is about emotion for the Bruins. Posters here have only one thing in common, we care about the Bruins no matter how they spell, grammer or get their point across. DO not put down a fellow Bruin fan for expressing their opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

If so.....you're right.  You should be euphoric if the Bruins can somehow win one game before they're sent packing.  If you think the Bruins are this bad because of their point total, I'd sure love to see your review of the Rangers.  What about Philadelphia.  

Enjoy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Lets look at it as a full season. If this was a 82 game season they would be gong through their usual rut and then turn it on as the season winds down. Problem is its a short season so we dont know if they are turning it on at the right time  or is the ut going to last another 7-8 games. If thats the case game over. If they start clicking, this is a team that was on fire the first 20 games so they DO have the talent. The question is how bad do they want it and will the lines gel in time.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts