Defence pairings next year.predictions please

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

Defence pairings next year.predictions please

Chara and Seid

Boychuck and Bartkowski

Mcquaid and Krug

Extras: Hamilton and Ference (if he resigns for min. wage)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: Defence pairings next year.predictions please

Hard to think about next year right now but Hamilton will be in the lineup for sure.  Hes only going to get better as he a matures and adds weight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

There is no way that Hamilton will be left out of the lineup. He is essential to their future plans on defense, and I don't believe they want to jeopardize that by not having him play every night. The only reason he isn't playing now is because they want him to have more pro experience before being introduced to the most demanding games he will ever play in his career.

As for next year's defensive pairings, I honestly can't tell you. They have 7 top six defensemen, so there could be one of two scenarios:

1) A trade- which is a likely scenario considering the cap is going down next year. They will have difficulty carrying 7 defensemen with a lower cap and they are probably going to trade a player like Kelly or Peverley regardless. They could easily throw one of their defensemen into the trade.

If they were to go this route, it would probably be either McQuaid or Bartkowski that gets traded. Unless they were planning on something big of course, but I don't see that happening.

2) A 7-man defensive rotation- which is the less likely scenario, but still possible. This would probably involve a rotation of McQuaid, Bartkowski, and Krug on the third defensive pairing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Great thread idea for the summer.  Right now, the B's are approaching the Eastern Conference Finals for only the second time in 20 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

There is no way that Hamilton will be left out of the lineup. He is essential to their future plans on defense, and I don't believe they want to jeopardize that by not having him play every night. The only reason he isn't playing now is because they want him to have more pro experience before being introduced to the most demanding games he will ever play in his career.

I'm not so sure that is necessarily true.  If it were, Krug and Bartkowski wouldn't be in the lineup either.  I thik it's more performance based than anything else.  In the regular season, his mistakes are a bit more tolerable than they are now.  However he will definitely have a spot in the top 6 next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Great thread idea for the summer.  Right now, the B's are approaching the Eastern Conference Finals for only the second time in 20 years.

True that.  With a Hawks win tonight, the earliest the B's will start their series will probably be Thursday though.  Lots of downtime here to discuss whatever pops into people's heads. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I'm not so sure that is necessarily true.  If it were, Krug and Bartkowski wouldn't be in the lineup either.  I thik it's more performance based than anything else.  In the regular season, his mistakes are a bit more tolerable than they are now.  However he will definitely have a spot in the top 6 next year.

Well, Bartkowski has 3 years of pro experience. He has been up and down between Boston and Providence during that time.

With Krug, he has an entire college career and a slightly longer career with the B's over Hamilton. He is more accustomed to facing more physically matured players than Hamilton is. Of course, the fact that he is playing as well as he is doesn't hurt his situation either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

Well, Bartkowski has 3 years of pro experience. He has been up and down between Boston and Providence during that time.

With Krug, he has an entire college career and a slightly longer career with the B's over Hamilton. He is more accustomed to facing more physically matured players than Hamilton is. Of course, the fact that he is playing as well as he is doesn't hurt his situation either.

Agreed and I think it would be safe to say that if Hamilton had played a better Game 4 he would still be in there.  I think that was the basis of CJ's decision, and not Dougie's level of experience.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Chara and  Seidenberg will be regulars.  Beyond that...who knows.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

That

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I would put Boychuk on this list.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Agree. You can't leave Boychuk off that list with the way he plays. A very courageous player who gives it all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Can Hamilton play in the AHL next year???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

We can discuss it more over the summer, but I think this would be tons of fun.

Chara Krug

Boychuck Seidenberg

Hamilton Bartkowski

McQuaid

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Chara Krug

Seidenberg Hamilton

Boychuk Barkowski

Ference is gone and McQuaid could be the odd man out.

No way Hamilton is not playing next year, too much upside. 

Note that Krug is 22 and Bark is 24. Imagine Dougie with 5 years experience. Wouldn't be surprised if Bark is traded instead of Mcquaid either.

Good problem to have. Remember when everyone was calling for a PMD, well now the Bs have 3.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

Correction...2nd time in 3 years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to hendy77's comment:

Correction...2nd time in 3 years.

Both are correct.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Can we finish this season before we start talking about next season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

this thread doesn't deserve anyones attention, but I can say this: Dougie will NOT be in the AHL next year, Dougie will NOT be a healthy scratch next season. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The bruins only have 5 next year, sorry to say they wont sign ference,  so using the elc on krug and Bart, gives them 7 allowing them to pursue a right winger as in one Pacal Dupuis, and thats if they let horton go.

So many scenarios so really it will have to wait and see over the summer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Agree. You can't leave Boychuk off that list with the way he plays. A very courageous player who gives it all.

Boychuk stays, love the way he plays the game. B's have to keep McQuaid just for the Hab games.Is a very pleasant situation to have for the Bruins but after the euphoria of "King" Krug wears off we'll see what he brings next camp and forward,i like him though. Bart seems to have the tools so its looking like Andy Ference will be playing elsewhere.Time will tell.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm a big Ference fan, he's a warrior.  I trust that whatever happens to him, the B's will make sure he is good with it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I'm a big Ference fan, he's a warrior.  I trust that whatever happens to him, the B's will make sure he is good with it.

I think it's also completely possible that money isn't a big thing for him anymore. He's made a good amount, and he might say i'll take a huge discount to be in boston. only time will tell. However I think its ridiculous that people say you can't leave out boychuk. Sure you can. He isn't Chara or Seidenberg, he's an average 2nd pairing d man that might get a bit too much money. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I think it's also completely possible that money isn't a big thing for him anymore. He's made a good amount, and he might say i'll take a huge discount to be in boston. only time will tell. However I think its ridiculous that people say you can't leave out boychuk. Sure you can. He isn't Chara or Seidenberg, he's an average 2nd pairing d man that might get a bit too much money. 

If Boychuk is an average 2nd pair d-man, what is Ference? Average 3rd pair?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No slight to Boychuk intended, but if I'm looking at the options, I see Chara and Seidenberg as a cut above.  Boychuck and McQuaid are due to return, which leaves two potential openings for the three rooks (assuming they all look like this in the Fall).  Ference has been outplayed by two of the three rooks, and Hamilton won't be going anywhere, so he'll be either looking for a deal elsewhere or maybe offered a non-playing gig if he wants it (depends on his injury and offers, I guess).  So - do you deal Boychuk or McQuaid or do you hold off on one of Krug or Bartkowski until injuries strike?

There's an argument for trading JB - salary, maxed-out potential, return in trade.  That's my only point in distinguishing him from Cedfano and Seidenberg.

BTW, where's BadHab to tell us it will look like this:

Cedfano-Cross...