defence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Re: defence

Well, considering they have the lowest goals-against in the league at 2.18... a difference of 0.12 between then and second place... more space between them and number 2, than between 2 and number 5... it seems to be working.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Too bad Kampfer got smacked in the face yesterday...they could've used his offensive skills in crashing the goal....Boychuck better step up his game if he wants to keep his playing time when Stuart comes back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

I agree with you lemmadoc. Even when they're five on five, they hold their position like they're on the PK. Look at the shots on net they're giving up now. I'm sure if they were more aggressive, they'd cut down on those.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

lowest goals-against in the league and people still complaint ???  Go figure ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

That's Claude's game plan, which most offensive minded players find difficult to accept. Some say it's brilliant and others say it is passe because other teams are finding ways to circumvent, and only Timmy/Tuuka have kept the Bruins in most games. I'm with t his latter group and applaud Kamfer for bringing speed, puck control and up-tempo to a relatively ponderous bruins defense corps. Houda has no idea what to do with speedy rookies like Bartkowski and would probably stifle Kamfer if the fans ensuing revolt wasn't so obvious. The 7-5 win in Pittsburgh was much more entertaining than some of the 2-1 plods we've been forced to watch under Claude's tuteledge. Claude's stack-em up the middle defense allows the opponents too much freedom to develop shots on Timmy/Tuuka. Yes, statistics uphold Claude, but he is now in the same category as Jaques LeMaire's stifling game slowing defense. Let's force the NHL to European size rinks and these strategies will be replaced by speed, passing and entertaining hockey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Why the complaining for a team with low goals against, when not ONE Bruin player is in the top 40 in points in the NHL. Does anyone have any answers on how to get more goals INTO the oppentants net ?  Love to hear that !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

Maybe if they were more aggressive in their own end, they'd be able to spend more time in the offensive zone. We'll see how those goals against stats work in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemaddoc. Show lemaddoc's posts

Im not trying to critisize the bruins because I am not A hockey expert. I just want to know what is the stratergy of the lay back defence. It does appear to work well but I can't see how it is superior to the aggressive attack.

Sections
Shortcuts