Defenders of Juliann lets hear it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Defenders of Juliann lets hear it

In Response to Re: Defenders of Juliann lets hear it:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defenders of Juliann lets hear it : He wasn't alone in that regard, dez.  I thought he moved the puck out with authority.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

He was deffinitely rusty. But overall his game is a welcome addition at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PVN1. Show PVN1's posts

I will reserve all my thoughts and displeasures about Julienne until after the playoffs.  To me, this team failed last year in the playoffs and now it is time to make up for that dissapointment.  If we have another bad exit from the playoffs a change has to be made.  However, I think the teams recent struggles have nothing to do with the coaching.  It is the teams overall lack of execution that has led to this losing streak and will need to apply themselves not through various coaching game plans but a simple adjustment of their will to compete and focus on exectution. 

The regular season will not tell the story of the this Bruins team.  It is this years playoffs that deifine them.  We know that they can produce wins in the regular season.  In the playoffs this year, I think anything less than a conference final or finals birth will be an extreme dissapointment.  If we do not accomplish that than coaching has to be looked at and changed, and possibly some personell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defenders of Juliann lets hear it : You have to give some credit to the Leafs who played one of their better games. If you watched the game (not you RHO, I'm sure you did on HNIC) but the game turned when Reimer stoned the Bruins early in the 2nd period.  If the Bruins score 1 or 2 goals I think the game evolves differently, especially if Seguin scores on that breakaway. The Leafs play so much better when they are ahead (which isn't often).  They have an uncanny record when they score a goal in the 1st period. The Bruins had the Leafs on their heels early in the 2nd and the 3rd goal was a back-breaker. Still, I don't know why the game plan wasn't to run the Leafs hard.  They don't have as much size as the Bruins (except maybe on defense).  I was really surprised how slow the Bruin defense is and Chara wasn't his usual shutdown self in this one.  They should have been finishing checks all night long, especially on the Leaf defense, with the top 4 really over-worked. I was also surprised that Kaberle didn't play well in his return. I wouldn't over-react too much though, the Bruins are obviously in a slump right now. For the Bruins sake, hopefully they turn it around before the playoffs start. Their goaltending has to get back to what it was .
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

LRH - Absolutely full props to the Leafs for having a stronger will to win last night and over the last several weeks.  They deserved the W.  They are in a desperate situation and they brought it to their game. 

I think for many Bruin fans its not so much that the club loses but how they lose.  If the score were the same but the Bruins at least matched the Leafs in the work department, there would still be some who would complain but I'm not so sure the frustration level would be as high. 

Folks are clammering for a consistent effort from the Bruins but lately the team has struggled to deliver it.  Hopefully, they'll use these last few games to tune themselves up.  Its how they fare in the playoffs that counts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defenders of Juliann lets hear it : LRH - Absolutely full props to the Leafs for having a stronger will to win last night and over the last several weeks.  They deserved the W.  They are in a desperate situation and they brought it to their game.  I think for many Bruin fans its not so much that the club loses but how they lose.  If the score were the same but the Bruins at least matched the Leafs in the work department, there would still be some who would complain but I'm not so sure the frustration level would be as high.  Folks are clammering for a consistent effort from the Bruins but lately the team has struggled to deliver it.  Hopefully, they'll use these last few games to tune themselves up.  Its how they fare in the playoffs that counts
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    So what gives RHO?

This team is too good to be playing like this.

I have to say based on the limited games I've seen of the Bruins, their defense looks slow out there.  Is that normally the case or just an off game?

TT looks different, is he hiding an injury?  He normally anticipates really well.

Bergeron was playing so well just before the all-star break but looks like he's tailed off.

I really thought Kaberle would make a big difference on the PP.  Perhaps it's a chemistry thing right now, but if he's not helping on the PP he's not going to be helping  much on the defensive side of the game, that is clearly his weakness and it showed last night.  I don't think moving Stuart was a good move.  Was it a salary dump?  He seemed like a really good stay-at home defenseman, hard-nosed and tought in front of the net. McQauid looks looked like a pylon out there last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Let's not forget the lack of production from (in no particular order).... Bergeron, Recchi, Ryder, Campbell, Kelly, Peverley. The team needs secondary scoring. The Krecji line can't do it all. Coaches can't shoot the puck.
    Posted by hendy77[/QUOTE]
    I said last night that maybe the depth that Marchand adds is more important than we think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

There's something to be said for adding players, subtracting players, and having injuries...The B's have had a merry-go-round at defensemen to the point that they are trying to get Shane Hnidy ready to play....Kampfer hurt, Ference hurt, Stuart hurt for a long time, then traded...The add-ons have been as a whole really disappointing, including a soft Kaberle, and a non-existent Kelly. Peverly is also slow to do much. That doesn't fall on Julien as much as it falls on Chiarelli. He banked these moves to improve the team and now the team is somehow worse off. The goalies that have saved Boston all season have been flat out bad lately in Thomas and freaky up-down in Rask, who is better but still able to give up flustering goals that lose leads. With no goaltending, little scoring, no power play, and a defense that is lazy (including the forwards who have done a terrible job of clearing out in front of the goalies), it's a tough time right now for B's...

The Playoffs are a sure thing, so it's all about getting the team positioned to make a run. I think they should stick to one goalie right now, and go with it for 5 games straight--I think Thomas is the one who doesn't respond to sitting, not Rask. He is at his best playing frequently in a row...Not being sure about your goalies is not good.

They need Thomas to pick it up now. Julien has done a good job with a lot of players playing underneath their capabilities. Fact is that Bergeron, Recchi, Ryder are not producing and the new guys aren't either. You have a one line team right now. Then you have situations where Marchand has to miss 2 games due to stupid headchecks. Marchand has been one of the team's brightest players all year, most energetic.

I have no problem defending Julien right now. I don't recall any of you B-Haters or Julien-Haters posting when the team won 7 straight and had the great road trip. It's called a slump, you deal with it. The team would be panicking except it's really high in the standings, so they just have to get back on track.

No problem keeping Julien and he gets this postseason to prove if he should continue. If the team can't make it past 2nd round, if you want to consider a new coach, then do so. But Dave Lewis seems to always reassure me about Julien. Lewis was an abject disaster as head coach. You want that type of hockey?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 0tt0Man. Show 0tt0Man's posts

CJ may really be a Clod but, I agree. Much more wrong here than just the coach. Anyone besides Tuuka have any pride or emotion? Tepid in Toronto....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defenders of Juliann lets hear it : So what gives RHO? This team is too good to be playing like this. I have to say based on the limited games I've seen of the Bruins, their defense looks slow out there.  Is that normally the case or just an off game? TT looks different, is he hiding an injury?  He normally anticipates really well. Bergeron was playing so well just before the all-star break but looks like he's tailed off. I really thought Kaberle would make a big difference on the PP.  Perhaps it's a chemistry thing right now, but if he's not helping on the PP he's not going to be helping  much on the defensive side of the game, that is clearly his weakness and it showed last night.  I don't think moving Stuart was a good move.  Was it a salary dump?  He seemed like a really good stay-at home defenseman, hard-nosed and tought in front of the net. McQauid looks looked like a pylon out there last night.

LRH - Last night was not an off-game, buddy.  They've played with a lot of inconsistency lately but last night they ran into a team that had more hustle.  We fans know when the Bruins play small (i. e., passively, without hostility, not finishing checks, loose defensive zone coverage) it detracts from how this club plays best.  Without these elements, the Bruins are ordinary at best. 

The players say it.  Julien says it yet they tend to not play in a manner they know seems to be the most successful for them.  Its making some wonder if the team is even listening to the coach anymore and raising the ghost of his NJ firing.  Let's not forget there were some games earlier on that Thomas, as some goalies tend to do, won for the club. 

Nothing can be said about the painful PP that hasn't been mentioned already.  Kaberle has made the PP more aesthetically pleasing but after his debut, no more effective.  He is trying to operate in a structure conceived by Geoff Ward that is somehow fundamentally flawed and not playing to whatever strengths the players have. 

He's had a substantial amount of time to sort it out but so far, he hasn't.  Any advantage come the playoffs can often be the deciding factor.  That said, should the PP situation remain the same and I presently see no reason to think otherwise, the Bruins will be a team with a deficit. 

They are a team that is crazy in their unpredictability.  They could sweep NJ and the Habs next week as easily as perform sub-par.  Good job the playoffs don't start tomorrow so they still have some games to get things sorted.  Here's hoping they do.  Cheers!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]the real issue is the owner!!!! although it's his team, all he cares about are $$$$$$$  ofcourse this has been going on for years  no i mean decades!!   no doubt win/loses are meaningless profit sales are all that counts!!!!
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]

TRH - If that's the case, you'd think he'd realize the better the team, the more home playoff dates TD Garden would have and the more dough would be in the coffers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Defenders of Juliann lets hear it:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defenders of Juliann lets hear it :  We know some of the players have to accept responsibility for this situation but Julien and staff must share in it because they're the ones who conceive the gameplan and help get the players prepared to compete.  Once again, they weren't ready.  Tonight was only one game and hopefully not a season-breaker down the road but it does continue those games in which most of the Bruins appear to not be listening to Julien. Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

To LRHs point "how does a team this good play so poorly ?" Where do you look when a team isn't motivated RHO ? "How does a team that ran off a seven game road trip win streak look so bad ?" Where do you look ?

I'm not saying the Bruins are one and done but if this type of play continues something has to be done. Even when you have veteran players whom are in cruise control for the playoffs you've got to take care of teams full of AHL players or put divison rivals whom are not going to make the playoffs in their place.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defenders of Juliann lets hear it : You have to give some credit to the Leafs who played one of their better games. If you watched the game (not you RHO, I'm sure you did on HNIC) but the game turned when Reimer stoned the Bruins early in the 2nd period.  If the Bruins score 1 or 2 goals I think the game evolves differently, especially if Seguin scores on that breakaway. The Leafs play so much better when they are ahead (which isn't often).  They have an uncanny record when they score a goal in the 1st period. The Bruins had the Leafs on their heels early in the 2nd and the 3rd goal was a back-breaker. Still, I don't know why the game plan wasn't to run the Leafs hard.  They don't have as much size as the Bruins (except maybe on defense).  I was really surprised how slow the Bruin defense is and Chara wasn't his usual shutdown self in this one.  They should have been finishing checks all night long, especially on the Leaf defense, with the top 4 really over-worked. I was also surprised that Kaberle didn't play well in his return. I wouldn't over-react too much though, the Bruins are obviously in a slump right now. For the Bruins sake, hopefully they turn it around before the playoffs start. Their goaltending has to get back to what it was .

The worst part is it was all the Leafs role players who did the damage. If you can't stop a team that's fighting to make the play-offs role players. How are you going to stop the elite players on a playoff team?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Guy Boucher was asked the other day about his team's recent struggles.  He said, 'Actually, I'm happy about it.  No team can play at a high level forever.  I would rather this happen now than with five games to go'.  That's my thoughts on the current Bruins situation.  Unlike many on these boards, CJ is not going to panic and knows that the B's can't be good every game.  You don't can the coach because they have a slump and you don't give him coach of the year when they win 7 straight.  The Bruins have a good system in place and CJ is good with a variety of personalities.  I see no reason to remove him from his position.  Every time this team loses people want a trade. 'We need a PMD!'  When the deadline passes people turn to the coach because it is the only change left to demand until June.  Losses happen.  Slumps happen.  It's Ok.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I think the blame for this horrible play goes around to everyone, not just the coach. Not going to defend CJ, but it's the players job too. After this recent stretch, you can't defend anything that they're doing. If they don't turn it around for the playoffs, I could even see them swept.

Thus far, not liking the trade deadline moves as this team is not playing like a contender (before when TT was standing on his head, I had hope).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Guy Boucher was asked the other day about his team's recent struggles.  He said, 'Actually, I'm happy about it.  No team can play at a high level forever.  I would rather this happen now than with five games to go'.  That's my thoughts on the current Bruins situation.  Unlike many on these boards, CJ is not going to panic and knows that the B's can't be good every game.  You don't can the coach because they have a slump and you don't give him coach of the year when they win 7 straight.  The Bruins have a good system in place and CJ is good with a variety of personalities.  I see no reason to remove him from his position.  Every time this team loses people want a trade. 'We need a PMD!'  When the deadline passes people turn to the coach because it is the only change left to demand until June.  Losses happen.  Slumps happen.  It's Ok.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely right Oates.As long as they can get on a bit of a roll going into playoffs,this week's lapse in play will be meaningless.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I like CJ but I admit something doesn't seem right.  The system is fine.  Allot of teams play this system just execute it better than the B's are at the moment.  So is it the talent or the man empowered to motivate the talent?  I start to wonder now myself if CJ's message or style of delivery has gone stale.  It happens to some of the best coaches after time.

If it is CJ's time to move on...who takes over?  Can you really expect a team to totally change systems at this point?  No way.  But can the same systems be delivered by another motivator?  Hmmm.

Totally out of left field but what about Cam taking the coaching reigns from here on out.  Keep the assistants and systems but just change who the motivational message is coming from.  Cam gets a first hand look at the talent and if he can't inspire these guys to battle for the crest and each other...who can?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

The numbers dont lie people ... The bruins have a grand total of 14 wins this season versus teams that would make the playoffs if the season ended today. thats 28 points out of the 88 they have ... so 60 points versus the crap teams that they feed on with clod's awful system. Good teams with real coaching feed on the bruins. In the past month they have beat 2 playoff team's, vancouver and tampa bay.

for everyone asking who takes over. The next coach is allready in place with don sweeney.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

juliens future in boston will be determined by their playoff success, not a run of 6 games in march. THE TEAM has 4 weeks to get back on track, and julien is PART of the team. i'll leave playoff predictions to all you posters with crystal balls, i don't do predictions. i do hope they get this turned around pretty soon(tommorrow)- although many are sure it will be another loss. i just prefer to be positive, and will root the team on, "for better or worse- til death do us part".   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Puckhog, here is the Bs record vs top Eastern Conference teams.

Washington - 3-1
    Philly - 2-1
    Tampa - 3-1
    Pens - 2-2

Just saying.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

[QUOTE]Puckhog, here is the Bs record vs top Eastern Conference teams. Washington - 3-1 Philly - 2-1 Tampa - 3-1 Pens - 2-2 Just saying.....
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

So thats 10 of the 14 wins vs playoffs teams right there ..... whats the chances we play one of them teams in the first round? Not very high huh? so we have lost just about every game vs. eastern teams from spot 6-8 which is who we will play in the first round ... that makes me feel so much better ... just saying.

We have beat 2 playoff team,s from the west all season .. vancouver and pheonix. So thats 2 wins vs. teams 6-8 in the east.

The fact is that they get more then 2-1 pts off teams they should beat and have given away more pts then they have taken vs. teams in the playoffs today. The same teams they will play when it matters. thier wont be any senators, panthers, or islanders to pad the stats off.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Every good team gets their stats padded by the weak teams.  That's the way it works.  The good teams beat the bad teams.  Doesn't get much more simple to understand than that.  But against every potential playoff matchup, the Bruins have a winning or tied record except Montreal.  So if you want to say the Bruins have a bad record against Montreal and that scares you sure, that makes sense.  But the Bruins are just fine against everyone else.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Every good team gets their stats padded by the weak teams.  That's the way it works.  The good teams beat the bad teams.  Doesn't get much more simple to understand than that.  But against every potential playoff matchup, the Bruins have a winning or tied record except Montreal.  So if you want to say the Bruins have a bad record against Montreal and that scares you sure, that makes sense.  But the Bruins are just fine against everyone else.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Good post, and yes Montreal does scare me, but i for one still think the B's can beat anyone in a 7 game series. It might not be all roses right now but lets see what happens come April.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think in a playoff series few teams would like to play the Bruins, including Montreal.  They will get focused on the likes of Lucic or Chara while the depth and toughness of the team as a whole takes over.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]the real issue is the owner!!!! although it's his team, all he cares about are $$$$$$$  ofcourse this has been going on for years  no i mean decades!!   no doubt win/loses are meaningless profit sales are all that counts!!!!
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll ask, what should he be doing where he's "the real issue?"

Make more saves?  Bench someone?  Spend to the cap?

What is he doing today that is evidence that "all he cares about" is money?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

May be jwb can do better, any thoughts on this?

Sections
Shortcuts