Defense is the PROBLEM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

Defense is the PROBLEM

The main culprit for the only glaring problem this year is the Defense. Do not let the fact that the Bruins have the best goal against rating in NHL, that is all because of the goalies. night in and night out, we let the other team take 28-35 shots a game and the only reason why we don't have a .500 record is b/c of Rask and Thomas. This team seems to have too many breakdowns which results (most of the time) in our goalies bailing them out. Hunwick is this year's Wideman, Stuart over plays people too much. The only stable force back there is Chara.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Defense is the PROBLEM

No. Very wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

You are so wrong.. TB is coming in waves after waves.  They are skating circles around the b's.  I think speed is the problem tonight.  The Boston forwards can't get anything going.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

While this is true, you cannot deny that 90% of the games we have played we have let 30+ shots occur. If we had a mediocre goalie tandem, we would be at the bottom of the league in GAA as a team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Shots against doesnt necessarily mean that the defensive core is the problem...  Tonight Boston's forwards cannot sustain any pressure therefore TB is easily carrying he puck out and getting opportunities.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

30+ shots allowed isn't so bad if you are getting 30+ shots on goal also... we weren't getting even half that until the 3rd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Way too many panick give aways by the D tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I agree with team speed being the problem. The B's don't seem to have an answer for fast teams but why are we sitting back in the neutral zone waiting for teams to come at us. The coaches on this team need to start teaching how to forecheck. It is frustrating to watch teams skating up the ice while the B's fight for every inch crossing their own blue line. I cannot stand to watch another d to d pass. Brutal game tonight.

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/

B's didn't play like the # 2 ranked team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

You also can't base it purely around shots, alot of times the Bruin's will give up alot of shots but many will be garbage shots that are easy saves, not necessarily scoring chances.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Defense is the PROBLEM:
    I agree with team speed being the problem. The B's don't seem to have an answer for fast teams but why are we sitting back in the neutral zone waiting for teams to come at us. The coaches on this team need to start teaching how to forecheck. It is frustrating to watch teams skating up the ice while the B's fight for every inch crossing their own blue line. I cannot stand to watch another d to d pass. Brutal game tonight.
    Posted by soups-7

This is so true, i was thinking wth is going on, there letting the TB defense move out without  any forechecking at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

No actually it has been the one consistent area of the Bruins games that have allowed them to win 11 games so far.. tonite was a no show for 40 minutes plain and simple by the top 3 lines, when you don't skate, and win battles you end up looking bad....When your 4th line plays better than your 1st  your not winning too many games.. You can't recover it all in one period.. 2nd period by far the worse I have seen this year from the Bruins... TB totally dominated them..plain and simple.. if it wasn't for Rask this score would have been 6-1..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Team speed as a problem for the B's is a load of junk.  They have they speed.  Horton, Lucic, Seguin, Bergeron, they are all skating with enough speed out there.  Where this team has trouble is that they can't transition from one zone to the next without coughing up the puck.  Their D-men are not good enough passers, and the Forwards always have trouble collecting those passes cleanly in the neutral zone.  They need a D-man who can pass the puck cleanly on a regular basis.  And the Forwards need to do a much better job taking clean routes through the neutral zone and settling down the puck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

i think Defense has been a problem.  there have been too many games where they have given up too many shots.  will that happen?  yes of course but they can't go all year like that.  Thomas has come up huge a lot of the time and although he is very acrobatic i find he is actually better when he is not having to flop around.  its still early and they have some young kids that need to learn the system better but it seems every year that clearing the puck is a problem.  just play catch with it in their own zone and can't get it out and then they have sustained pressure.  just clear the puck, even if it turns out to be an icing at least you can regroup.  Hunwick has to be taken out.  put McQuaid back in.  he's bigger and tougher in the corners.  Hunwick had a good run when he came up two years ago but i think he has peaked. 
    Posted by dangr76

Hunwick isn't going any place. Yo bandwagon fans are not even in the park. McQuaid will have his time but it not going replace Hunwick. He is the only guy that can skate and pass as well. Last night was a great example. Does the Big Z then also need to pack his bags, he played like crap? And this isn't his first rodeo. They are 1st, can you say 1st in the league in Defense. It doesn't matter how they do it but they do it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Sorry to disapont you www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=35fd75f086c9f0cef6c45d5c31cf0da8&plckUserId=35fd75f086c9f0cef6c45d5c31cf0da8" target="_parent">anthonyalbani89  but Hunwick will be one of the 1st to go, the Bs need bigger on D and epending on who else goes, the Bs will find a stronger puck moving Dman than hunwick. As far as the best defense in the league, well it starts from the goaltender right thru to the forwars so dont give me that crap thay our defense is the best based on our Dman.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

Sorry to disapont you www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=35fd75f086c9f0cef6c45d5c31cf0da8&plckUserId=35fd75f086c9f0cef6c45d5c31cf0da8 " target="_parent" /> anthonyalbani89   but Hunwick will be one of the 1st to go, the Bs need bigger on D and epending on who else goes, the Bs will find a stronger puck moving Dman than hunwick. As far as the best defense in the league, well it starts from the goaltender right thru to the forwars so dont give me that crap thay our defense is the best based on our Dman.
    Posted by wallydouglas

Just wondering, When were you last right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Defense is the PROBLEM:
    The main culprit for the only glaring problem this year is the Defense. Do not let the fact that the Bruins have the best goal against rating in NHL, that is all because of the goalies. night in and night out, we let the other team take 28-35 shots a game and the only reason why we don't have a .500 record is b/c of Rask and Thomas. This team seems to have too many breakdowns which results (most of the time) in our goalies bailing them out. Hunwick is this year's Wideman, Stuart over plays people too much. The only stable force back there is Chara.
    Posted by wboi92287

Hilarious.......don't let the stats fool you-that's a good one.This is 3 years running that Boston is at or near the top of the league in defense.The players must have at least something to do with it.

Sections
Shortcuts