Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Defense

Again tonight Thomas was stellar. Do you feel the defense leaves him hang out to dry more often than they should? Or is it just other teams rally sometimes and catch our D on our heals? I know you need stellar goal tending to win the cup and we get that from Thomas, but sometimes we go to sleep back there. Dont get me wrong, its gonna happen to all teams, just sounds more prominent when its happening to us....Maybe its edwards loud voice when TT makes the save. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Defense

Despite the victory the Bs looked a bit disconnected from the influx of new players.  The third line was logically the obvious with Ryder looking lost.  The defense is also in flux.  Kaberle is as billed so far, solid offense player who is efficient in his own zone.  The new combination was out of synch for sure. Boychuk looked fine but was paried with Chara so I rest my case.  Those are the reasons for the continued reliance on Thomas to make saves.  Iginla was awesome last night as well.  Give kudos to Calgary, the team has not lost too many games the past few months.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Defense:
    [QUOTE]Despite the victory the Bs looked a bit disconnected from the influx of new players.  The third line was logically the obvious with Ryder looking lost.  The defense is also in flux.  Kaberle is as billed so far, solid offense player who is efficient in his own zone.  The new combination was out of synch for sure. Boychuk looked fine but was paried with Chara so I rest my case.  Those are the reasons for the continued reliance on Thomas to make saves.  Iginla was awesome last night as well.  Give kudos to Calgary, the team has not lost too many games the past few months.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Ryder is miscast on a checking line with Kelly and Peverly. the problem is where else do you put the 4million dollar man?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defense : I agree with this. Ryder is miscast on a checking line with Kelly and Peverly. the problem is where else do you put the 4million dollar man?
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Siberia would be a good place to start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defense : Siberia would be a good place to start.
    Posted by tremha[/QUOTE]

Next year my friend, next year.

If PC resigns him then................

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defense : Well it looks like Kelly and Peverly are great fast skaters, hopefully with some time to gel, Ryder can match with them come playoff time.  If all three are skating and moving thier feet, they will surely get some good scoring chances.  Is Ryder willing to work though.....
    Posted by joebondo[/QUOTE]

That is the 4 million dollar question In truth, he is a goal scorer who does not contribute much else. When he doesn't score, he should not even be on the ice...now he is on a checking line even though he does not check...go figure.