defining moments in team history

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

defining moments in team history

the news that the b's offered joe thornton for luong back in 05 and the domino effect that would have caused got me thinking.

when joe was traded i was furious, almost disowned the team.  looking back that may be the best year (as an organization) they have ever had.

ciarelli, chara, savard, marchand, lucic, kessel added for "free".

i've only been a fan for around 20 yrs but i cant think of a more important time then that offseason.  infact i have a hard time thinking of one for any team.

the only one that comes to mind for me is perhaps the lindros trade for quebec.

curious to hear other opinions on bruin or other team defining moments that rival the 06 offseason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: defining moments in team history

Depending on how things progress, the Kessel deal may turn out to be ENORMOUS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

1979 Edmonton Oilers off-season - Pocklington signs Gretzky to a personal services contract which keeps him from going into the Entry Draft (which robbed all the other WHA teams of their high end talent) and then they draft Messier, Anderson and Lowe in the draft. four players that would combine for 6,275 career points and help bring the Oilers 5 Cups.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The day Bobby Orr signed with the Bruins. No Bobby Orr playing for the Bruins = no cups in '70 and '72.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wow.  A few days without hockey and folks around here start climbing the walls.

I wouldn't pick one moment, there are a lot of them, good and bad.  The 3 cups I've seen are all sweet and I wouldn't trade any of them.

MOC was a bad idea.  Sinden overstayed.  And other bitter things, too.

And back to the positive, I think the hiring of PC is a huge moment in team history.  I think that will define this franchise for at least a decade if not longer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

In Response to Re: defining moments in team history:
    [QUOTE]Depending on how things progress, the Kessel deal may turn out to be ENORMOUS.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

this is my point, that traces back to the 06 offseason: chiarelli, chara, savard, marchand, kessel, seguin, hamilton, night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]The day Bobby Orr signed with the Bruins. No Bobby Orr playing for the Bruins = no cups in '70 and '72.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

i second that and throw out another defining moment....

too many men on the ice in '79.... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Milt Schmidt goes to Kingston (a Bruins farm team at the time) to see a playoff game to check up on two kids, Eaton and Higgins, and see how the were developing. Then as Milt puts it "By the time the second period was over, we forgot all about Eaton and Higgins. We wanted that twelve-year-old kid on defense who was playing for Parry Sound," said Schmidt.

Then Milt's next coup "he orchestrated one of the most one sided trades in NHL history. He acquired Phil Esposito, Ken Hodge and Fred Stanfield from Chicago in exchange for journeymen Pit Martin, Gilles Marotte and Jack Norris."

Milton Conrad Schmidt is Mr. Bruin!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]Milt Schmidt goes to Kingston (a Bruins farm team at the time) to see a playoff game to check up on two kids, Eaton and Higgins, and see how the were developing. Then as Milt puts it "By the time the second period was over, we forgot all about Eaton and Higgins. We wanted that twelve-year-old kid on defense who was playing for Parry Sound," said Schmidt. Then Milt's next coup "he orchestrated one of the most one sided trades in NHL history. He acquired Phil Esposito, Ken Hodge and Fred Stanfield from Chicago in exchange for journeymen Pit Martin, Gilles Marotte and Jack Norris." Milton Conrad Schmidt is Mr. Bruin!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

SanDog, without Espo the B'S don't win those two cups either....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Red, i think you win, hard to argue with that.

San, if we can say orr's beginning w/ boston coincides with the espo trade then you are a close second.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Neely's career ending injury at the hands of Ulfie was a defining moment. He was only 31 and no doubt could have scored 50 for a few more years at least.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts