Delete

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Delete

bump or delete

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Delete:
    [QUOTE]The Dark Knight Rises didn't have enough Batman.  It had a lot of Bruce Wayne, but was much more dialog based.  IMAX or not, stuff needs to blow up. Gary Oldman was awesome as Sid Vicious and as Beethoven.  He was also great as the Russian in Call of Duty:  World at War.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

And as Rosencrantz...or Guildenstern.  And as Mason Verger behind all that freaky make-up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]The Dark Knight Rises was outstanding.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

I liked at lot of it; it wasn't so much a Batman movie as a strange fusion of Batman and A Tale of Two Cities (I was ticking off similarities while we watched, then when Gordon reads the last sentences of the book [spoiler deleted] I was pleased that they had acknowledged the source of the story).  Nolan's British side = inevitably bringing things back to Dickens. I hate that kind of ending, though I understand why Nolan would go that route.

Nolan's a good storyteller - easily one of my favorites between the Dark Knight films, Momento, The Prestige, and Inception.  Insomnia was just OK.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delete : I liked at lot of it; it wasn't so much a Batman movie as a strange fusion of Batman and A Tale of Two Cities (I was ticking off similarities while we watched, then when Gordon reads the last sentences of the book [spoiler deleted] I was pleased that they had acknowledged the source of the story).  Nolan's British side = inevitably bringing things back to Dickens. I hate that kind of ending, though I understand why Nolan would go that route. Nolan's a good storyteller - easily one of my favorites between the Dark Knight films, Momento, The Prestige, and Inception.  Insomnia was just OK.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

A reference to Dickens and Shakespeare in the same thread??  Who and where do you think you are??

How dare you pollute our trite, banal waters with your high-brow pretensions...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Emily Browing is outrageously hot. Suckerpunch had too many good looking girls in it.

Also Brooklyn Decker. She looked amazing in Battleship.

Jennifer Anniston in Horrible Bosses.

And Rachel McAdams is gorgeous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delete : A reference to Dickens and Shakespeare in the same thread??  Who and where do you think you are?? How dare you pollute our trite, banal waters with your high-brow pretensions...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

"posted by Bookboy007"

What more do you need to know?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, and does it make it any better/worse that it was a reference to a Tom Stoppard play/film that was itself based on Shakespeare?  (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead - Tim Roth and Gary Oldman in the title roles.  Hilarious in a high-brow-British-people-sure-think-they're-clever kind of way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yes, the most delicious British wit since Faulty Towers. Hmmm, yes, good show...

I haven't seen the play/film and I don't know their origins in Hamlet well either, but I read the R and G book that fell somewhere in between.  Can't even remember the author?  I bet you know it though...?

I imagine it being better with Oldman involved.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delete :  Insomnia was just OK.

I thought Insomnia was miserable...and I got a hummer at the afternoon showing of it.  That makes most movies at least tolerable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delete : I thought Insomnia was miserable...and I got a hummer at the afternoon showing of it.  That makes most movies at least tolerable.

Wow.  Now that's sharing something.  Caught me off guard there and I actually LOLed.

From Shakespeare to Dickens to...that...this thread has it all.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delete : I thought Insomnia was miserable...and I got a hummer at the afternoon showing of it.  That makes most movies at least tolerable.

Must have been a classy lady you were with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delete : Must have been a classy lady you were with.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Classy ladies don't get taken to the afternoon showing.  There is no need to plan for an all but empty theater with them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Was that at the Revere movie theater?  'Cause The Squire's right across the street.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delete : I liked at lot of it; it wasn't so much a Batman movie as a strange fusion of Batman and A Tale of Two Cities (I was ticking off similarities while we watched, then when Gordon reads the last sentences of the book [spoiler deleted] I was pleased that they had acknowledged the source of the story).  Nolan's British side = inevitably bringing things back to Dickens. I hate that kind of ending, though I understand why Nolan would go that route. Nolan's a good storyteller - easily one of my favorites between the Dark Knight films, Momento, The Prestige, and Inception.  Insomnia was just OK.

The Tale of Two Cities was obvious. 

As for Christopher Nolan, I love his work.  I agree with you: Momento, The Prestige, Inception and the Dark Knight Trilogy are all excellent.  I never saw Insomnia......sounds like I'm not missing much.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Note to Self: Next time I get a sitter for the kids I'm taking the wife to an afternoon showing of the worst movie out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delete : Classy ladies don't get taken to the afternoon showing.  There is no need to plan for an all but empty theater with them.

Do they not have rooms with doors at your place of dwelling ? That might be a more appropriate plan for the next time. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Note to Self: Next time I get a sitter for the kids I'm taking the wife to an afternoon showing of the worst movie out there.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Kelv, I'm pretty sure women get married so that they'll never have to do that again.

If you tried, you'd just be sitting through a terrible movie, getting nagged by your wife, paying a baby sitter, and missing a day of work...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delete : The Tale of Two Cities was obvious.  As for Christopher Nolan, I love his work.  I agree with you: Momento, The Prestige, Inception and the Dark Knight Trilogy are all excellent.  I never saw Insomnia......sounds like I'm not missing much.  
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Ha.  We get it Dickens, his boots were muddy, from going to the graveyard...

If you like cryptic mazes of subtleties in your movies, try Brazil.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

NAS I may one up you on his one, I laid pipe with my ex in the back row of the theatre when we went to see "Losers". I have since actually watched that movie and its not too bad lol.

Yes I said laid pipe, BDC doesn't like bang'ed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Remind me to wear a full body condom if I ever go to a movie theatre in Boston.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

The movie theatre I was at wasn't in Boston. That's just gross lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Remind me to wear a full body condom if I ever go to a movie theatre in Boston.

It adds a new element to the fear of getting 'shot' at the movie theatre...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Delete : Liked him best in Romeo is bleeding & The Professional 
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

Bang on. Lenna Olin gives me serious wood, and the number she does on Oldman's character is so brutally good in Romeo is Bleeding. An absolute must see movie. 
    In the Professional, I loved the way he took his daily "meds". Truely a sick, sick character. Great Actor, good movie.

Sections
Shortcuts