Depth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Depth

Bruins are in need of it if they are going to have a long run in the playoffs again.

If any of the top 6 D get hurt, they are light, especially beyond Kampfer.  You have to assume someone will. 

They have some promising forwards but they are year(s) away.  Hamill and Caron are servicable role players but have question marks about becoming productive NHL players. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Depth

I think a solid D is needed for depth.  Maybe a forward too, but I think they can get away with what they have up front.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Watching Kampfer's play lately tells me that a defenceman is a must. And the play of Hamill and Caron isn't all that comforting when a forward goes down. Below average play lately from all 3 in my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Kampher has clearly regressed from last season. They will definately look for an upgrade over him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Hamill and Caron dont appear to be ready for anything fulltime nhl. as the D goes, Kampfer appears timid. I think you see see pc add a depth forward and D man soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I been saying this for the last month. Go out and gamble on Suter as a rental or at least try PC. Corvo and Boychuk I believe are UFA's. maybe in the off season we see if we sign Suter to 2 yr. contract. Wait and see how are prospect Hamilton will do next year. If the mngt. can't get Suter then go try Gleason at least he played with Sieds. in Carolina.    Put Boychuk for starts and ?  and make the gamble.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I ve agreed on the defense since November when everything, except the decisions on defense, was on track. The only problem with both Hamill and Caron[particularly] ithey are playing to not make a mistake. This is Claude's fault as they both could have been filling in while Thornton resided as the 13th forward. Thorny has the energy Claude would like to see in all his players like Horton [maybe residual from concussion] and Pouliot, who flails around. The two rookies know they are one mistake away from getting splinters, and zero chance of playing regularly. Not a good position for their development , but Caron is still very young, and Hamill does show enough skill to be part of a trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac221. Show mac221's posts

Is it just me or does Kampfer look particularly slow this year?  Maybe I just overlooked this last year.  I agree he looks timid and indecisive this year, but I don't remember him being slower than Seids -- all the more reason for bringing in some depth at D.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He looks slow, soft, and scared. Not what I expected from him at all.
    n Response to Re: Depth:
    [QUOTE]Is it just me or does Kampfer look particularly slow this year?  Maybe I just overlooked this last year.  I agree he looks timid and indecisive this year, but I don't remember him being slower than Seids -- all the more reason for bringing in some depth at D.
    Posted by mac221[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I think most teams actually need some minor injuries to a team's D corps to help develop blueline depth as the season goes along.  If you lose a guy for a week, then a guy from the farm comes up and gets 2 - 3 games of NHL experience, "time with the big club", and gets a taste of the show.  He goes back down when the regular is healthy again, and then works harder than ever back on the farm to ensure he's the one who gets the call-up next time (depending on whether the injured guy is a LS or RS).  If a D-line stays healthy all season, then the guys on the farm stay there, and their develop is slowed just that extra bit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

kampfer is BRUTAL.  chia is sitting on $7m plus in cap space, right? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I would take a look at Karl Azner, good young d-man and it isnt going to happen in Washington. Dale Hunter has no use for him. As for forward I would like Ruutu or Hemsky.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

PC may have less wriggle room than people think.

He's got 3 contracts which kick in next season (McQuaid, Peverley, & Krecji), which collectively will add $4.4m to the current cap hit.  Plus, he's got 3 RFAs and 6 UFAs to decide what to do with.  Players on Cup Championship teams get a lot of looks, so he could be facing offer sheets on the RFAs and bidding wars on the UFAs.  The cap space he has now could evaporate pretty fast, and signing Suter could mean that a lot of the "depth guys" on the team could be gone, in favour of spare parts from Providence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It won't be roster players and it won't be someone like Suter. PC has basically said as much. According to a recent interview, our first rounder, additional picks, the farm, and prospects (with the likely exception of Hamilton) are all in play.
    Players I'd expect PC to be looking at would include Glencross, Butler, Gragnani, Moen, Gill, Kulemin and Gunnarson. All likely sellers, all teams with cap issues, and all players that would not necessarily require roster players going the other way, for guys that would be good depth additions. To me, on the D side, Butler would be the prize get due to short-term help, long-term potential, cost, what would go the other way, fit with the team, and chemistry.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

One of the biggest problems with Kampfer is that he is not getting any playing time being a healthy scratch for most nights.

Bruins finally send him down to P-Bruins to get some playing time and he's right back up due to the suspension. Practice is one thing but playing in game situations will only make him better.  When Ference returns might be good to send Kampfer down till needed.  I think we all can see what happens when he doesn't play for a month.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Depth:
    [QUOTE]It won't be roster players and it won't be someone like Suter. PC has basically said as much. According to a recent interview, our first rounder, additional picks, the farm, and prospects (with the likely exception of Hamilton) are all in play. Players I'd expect PC to be looking at would include Glencross, Butler, Gragnani, Moen, Gill, Kulemin and Gunnarson. All likely sellers, all teams with cap issues, and all players that would not necessarily require roster players going the other way, for guys that would be good depth additions. To me, on the D side, Butler would be the prize get due to short-term help, long-term potential, cost, what would go the other way, fit with the team, and chemistry.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    I like Kulemin even though he's having such a rough year offensively. He works hard and creates space for his linemates. The puck just hasn't been bouncing for him this year. I think last year's numbers are more indicative of what he can do (57 points). I'd swap him for Pouliot and a pick in a heartbeat.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm happy that hockey talk is back.

Bruins need a depth fwd and a top 4 dman.
    My calls are this
    Souray/Prospal

OR a block buster for
    Ruutu and Gleason.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'm happy that hockey talk is back. Bruins need a depth fwd and a top 4 dman. My calls are this Souray/Prospal OR a block buster for Ruutu and Gleason.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I know he's not too popular around here but I like the way Ruutu plays. Lots of hits and he chips in some offense. He plays so physical that he's hurt a lot though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Depth : I know he's not too popular around here but I like the way Ruutu plays. Lots of hits and he chips in some offense. He plays so physical that he's a lot though.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

LOVE RUUTU.  And thats his downfall.  He plays so hard he gets hurt.  Meanwhile a billion dollar skill guy like Semin who has zero heart is also hurt a lot. 
    Ruutu would be a fantastic fit in a Bruins uni.

Sections
Shortcuts