Derek Brousard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

Derek Brousard

5 million per x 5 yrs from rangers,  this is a third line guy.

anyone think the b's are getting  d.k for 6 to 6.5 per like bergy? he would be worth 7.5 or more on market. I think soda is a better player than brousard and will be unrestricted also.  Something is going to have to give here. just saying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

Re: Derek Brousard

He will be a 2nd line center in NY. He was the 48th highest scoring center in the NHL, and there are 60 top 2 center jobs in the NHL.

I still think it was an over-payment. 7 years in the league, and this former 6th overall pick has still not scored 19 goals in a season, and only wins 48% of his face-offs.

He was also out-scored by the YETI last year, even though averaging 1.5 minutes more ice time per game.

I doubt this signing will have an impact on any negotiations with Krejci or Soderberg, because I think all the GM's have an understanding with the Agents, that anything Sather does, has no bearing on what happens in the rest of the league :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Brousard?

Are you sure you got the right guy? I think you made a boo-boo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Typical NYR vastly overpaying players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Derick Brassard is overpaid too.  A guy who couldn't make it Columbus gets a massive deal in NY...odd.

I wonder if there is a connection with Nash.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If there is, it's not helping Nash.

I think there's a long-standing belief that this guy has more to give than what we've seen.  His first full year in Columbus, he had 25 points in 31 games - a 66 point pace that included 10 goals - and then (stop me if you've heard this story before) he got concussed.  When he came back, he played for Hitchcock, Noel, Arniel and Richards in a very short span.  Then he got traded and was behind a bunch of other centres in NY.  If you believe this is a guy with a high offensive threshold who just hasn't had the right opportunity to shine, the deal could make sense.

On the other hand, I think it's disastrous strategy to create the conditions for a guy like this to prove he can be that player who was drafted 6th overall at the same time as he's up for contract renewal.  Now what you've done is say to him, look, Richards is gone, and we think you're a good second line centre to pair with Stepan. Then you turn around and say what to him when negotiating his contract?

He's proved nothing, but they've pencilled him in anyway, and that means they don't have a lot of options outside of look for a better #2C or pay him for what they want him to do rather than what he's done.

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Personally, I think he is a legit #2 center and is now being paid accordingly in today's market. It is not outrageous...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It could be looked at that Slats used Callahan's money for Brassard. Rags also have MSLs money coming off the books at the end of this season as well. I can see why NY is signing Derek now thinking he could move up next season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If there is, it's not helping Nash.

I think there's a long-standing belief that this guy has more to give than what we've seen.  His first full year in Columbus, he had 25 points in 31 games - a 66 point pace that included 10 goals - and then (stop me if you've heard this story before) he got concussed.  When he came back, he played for Hitchcock, Noel, Arniel and Richards in a very short span.  Then he got traded and was behind a bunch of other centres in NY.  If you believe this is a guy with a high offensive threshold who just hasn't had the right opportunity to shine, the deal could make sense.

On the other hand, I think it's disastrous strategy to create the conditions for a guy like this to prove he can be that player who was drafted 6th overall at the same time as he's up for contract renewal.  Now what you've done is say to him, look, Richards is gone, and we think you're a good second line centre to pair with Stepan. Then you turn around and say what to him when negotiating his contract?

He's proved nothing, but they've pencilled him in anyway, and that means they don't have a lot of options outside of look for a better #2C or pay him for what they want him to do rather than what he's done.

Are you not entertained?!?!

[/QUOTE]

valid points  as usual book. so they are going to give him a SHOT AT THE TITLE right?  but for five yrs? that is a ton of faith.  the relevant point is though,   how much for D.K?  how much for soda?  subban just filed in arb at 8.25 mill!! how much boychuck?  I love the spell checkers on this site!!! can't have that!  lol  wow 8.25 for p.k.

MAKES  YA  SICK

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Typical NYR vastly overpaying players.

[/QUOTE]

HOW MUCH DID BOLAND GET FROM FLORIDA?  sorry about the caps.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brousard?

[/QUOTE]
    You gonna start that!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to paulbking's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brousard?

[/QUOTE]
    You gonna start that!!

[/QUOTE]

I believe you should have ended your sentence with a question mark instead of exclamation points :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brousard?

[/QUOTE]
    You gonna start that!!

[/QUOTE]

Do you know what "gonna" is in Italian? It means a "skirt".

No, I don't skirt. I used to chase them.

Get the name right next time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Listen, if Brousard is getting that dough, I don't want to see what Craychee gets.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Listen, if Brousard is getting that dough, I don't want to see what Craychee gets.

[/QUOTE]

EVERYONE  seems  set on phonics. what about on ice?  if (crachee) signs for short money-which he will not. the nhlpa will blast him. we are seeing that in mlb, DON'T SET THE MARKET BACK. Now spelling a side.

HOW much FOR   KREJCHEEEE   LOL   I have not seen 1 intelligent response,to this yet. lots of snarky [post's about spelling though.  

HOY MUCH FOR SODERBERG? 

J. BOYCHUCK???  its just a hockey team question,  nothing more??  HOW MUCH FOR DON BRUNO!!!!LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

EVERYONE  seems  set on phonics. what about on ice?  if (crachee) signs for short money-which he will not. the nhlpa will blast him. we are seeing that in mlb, DON'T SET THE MARKET BACK. Now spelling a side.

HOW much FOR   KREJCHEEEE   LOL   I have not seen 1 intelligent response,to this yet. lots of snarky [post's about spelling though.  

HOY MUCH FOR SODERBERG? 

J. BOYCHUCK???  its just a hockey team question,  nothing more??  HOW MUCH FOR DON BRUNO!!!!LOL

[/QUOTE]

They can't afford me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

HOY MUCH FOR SODERBERG? 

[/QUOTE]

My opinion:

Krejci at five years, $35M.

Soderberg for two years, $7M.

Boychuk gets three years, $15.75M.

And that's my opinion.  They are in the ballpark of what's reasonable.  Some may think those totals are low.  Some may think they're high.  Either way, it's impossible to prove today, so save your "No way does...".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My opinion:

[/QUOTE]

I agree, if those players are going to stay in Boston that is probably around what they will get. If they choose to test the market, however, all bets are off....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My opinion:

[/QUOTE]

I agree, if those players are going to stay in Boston that is probably around what they will get. If they choose to test the market, however, all bets are off....

[/QUOTE]
    man oh man 9 million per year for p.k subban.   just  wow!  never mind the brooks orpik deal. These salaries are ridiculous, beyond belief. see you later chracheee

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

man oh man 9 million per year for p.k subban.   just  wow!  never mind the brooks orpik deal. These salaries are ridiculous, beyond belief. see you later chracheee

[/QUOTE]

Why would Krejci, a borderline #1 center with a difficult to understand playoff history, be affected by a Norris Trophy winning Top 5 at this position player?

Answer:  He wouldn't be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

My opinion:

And that's my opinion.  They are in the ballpark of what's reasonable.  Some may think those totals are low.  Some may think they're high.  Either way, it's impossible to prove today, so save your "No way does...".

NAS - What was your logic behind the length of each contract? I don't disagree, I'm just curious if you used other expiring contracts on the team to come up with those terms??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NAS - What was your logic behind the length of each contract? I don't disagree, I'm just curious if you used other expiring contracts on the team to come up with those terms??

[/QUOTE]

I figure Krejci will get a big deal from someone and first line players get locked up for longer deals.

Soderberg needs to prove himself.

Second pairing defensemen don't usually get longer terms.

And I guessed a  lot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I figure Krejci will get a big deal from someone and first line players get locked up for longer deals.

Soderberg needs to prove himself.

Second pairing defensemen don't usually get longer terms.

And I guessed a  lot.

[/QUOTE]

those are actually reasonable contracts nas,I wish we could make them reality. the bruins will be fine this year but in 2015 they will have 11 ufa or rfa's according to cap geek.

Krejci

Campbell

paille

Soderberg

Smith

florek

Boychuck

Mcquaid

Hamilton

Bartkowski

Krug

Svedberg 

they have committed $46,675 million out of a 69 million cap, so say the cap goes up 3 million each of the next two years that's roughly 30 million  for those spots.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

those are actually reasonable contracts nas,I wish we could make them reality. the bruins will be fine this year but in 2015 they will have 11 ufa or rfa's according to cap geek.

Krejci

Campbell

paille

Soderberg

Smith

florek

Boychuck

Mcquaid

Hamilton

Bartkowski

Krug

Svedberg 

they have committed $46,675 million out of a 69 million cap, so say the cap goes up 3 million each of the next two years that's roughly 30 million  for those spots.

[/QUOTE]

I care about Krejci, Hamilton and Krug.  The rest can sign a fair deal or kick rocks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Krejci

Campbell

paille

Soderberg

Smith

florek

Boychuck

Mcquaid

Hamilton

Bartkowski

Krug

Svedberg 

[/QUOTE]

I care about Krejci, Hamilton and Krug.  The rest can sign a fair deal or kick rocks.

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with those three and would Soderberg,Smith and Boychuck

Sections
Shortcuts