Designated Excuse Thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Designated Excuse Thread

The schedule:

Too many days off in first half, and no injuries.
    Not enough days off the second half, lots of injuries.

Bruins aren't exactly killing themselves with the effort, which may be a good thing come playoff time. They may have something left in the tank.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

1- Really really bad turnovers from D-man is a start,

2- Worse PP team in the league for the past 3  years... Looks at the suit in the back of the bench in charge of  special team.. sorry Rolston at the point.. extremely predictable, too slow, too old, not a leader.

3- Don't blame Obama, here in Canada we like him, then again we have health care less crime, and we don't have shows like : Lady Hogger, and swamp people lol

4.  Last but not least.. Smile, there's nothin' we can do about this team of underacheivers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

the excuses from Thorny, the only player the Boston media can talk to, are useless. Marty Turco may have been a reasonable idea, but he is not ready, in any way, for this current NHL. Not his fault , he's just too slow and not as alert as necessary. Timmy is overworked. Lay that at Claude's feet for not using Tuuka through January and february. Misplays on goal one, three and five [Timmy's}; goal two was a gift from the shoe-flys in the sky[ fire them or give them new glasses]. Did the first three deflate the Bruins? oh Yeah. Did Claude kick butt and go with three lines in the second? Oh NO. Claude has demonstrated his skill in a defensive style, he is still missing on flexibility and management [ see Terry Francona]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't think it's a question of excuses - more decisions made that aren't working right now.  The biggest category?  The overarching decision to replace the few lost veterans with young guys in the organization.  At some point, you have to make this decision or your young players never get a chance to break through.  Yeah, they brought in Pouliot and Corvo, but I always looked at them as insurance in case Kampfer proved too Hunwick-ish and Caron needed more time.  Caron needed more time.  Curiously, he's been one of the best Bruins in this bad stretch.  If he continues to produce like this when the rest of the team gets its D-first game back in order, then that original decision will have been the right one.  Even with Ryder producing far more in Dallas than he would have in Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Same reason they were pretty much undefeated for a few months. It's the ebb and flow of hockey. But injuries are a major factor at the moment. They miss the talent, but more importantly the patchwork lineup is not playing the system very well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The OP of this thread will claim that he is never coming back to BDC about 5 times during a game thread on the Bruins Blog when Boston goes down a goal- Pathetic!

"You heard it he first!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: Designated Excuse Thread:
    The schedule: Too many days off in first half, and no injuries. Not enough days off the second half, lots of injuries. Bruins aren't exactly killing themselves with the effort, which may be a good thing come playoff time. They may have something left in the tank.
    Posted by Wheatskins

The only intangible that worries me, "the malocchia." Do you know what I mean?.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to "Re: Designated Excuse Thread":
    1- Really really bad turnovers from D-man is a start, 2- Worse PP team in the league for the past 3  years... Looks at the suit in the back of the bench in charge of  special team.. sorry Rolston at the point.. extremely predictable, too slow, too old, not a leader. 3- Don't blame Obama, here in Canada we like him, then again we have health care less crime, and we don't have shows like : Lady Hogger, and swamp people lol 4.  Last but not least.. Smile, there's nothin' we can do about this team of underacheivers Posted by ccoul
    Out of all the shows here in the states you choose swamp people to make fun of. try doing what they do before you make fun of it. no one makes fun of swamp people in my watch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

1) Injuries
    2) Not scoring first
    3) TT is tired
    4) Being hesitant playing the physical style due to refs and Shanny's scrutiny.
    5) Being on the road
    and most importantly
    6) Me not being at the garden for a while getting the crowd going, stupid Christmas requests

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to "Re: Designated Excuse Thread": Out of all the shows here in the states you choose swamp people to make fun of. try doing what they do before you make fun of it. no one makes fun of swamp people in my watch.
    Posted by originalcallodthedom

Hard to believe a guy that looks like him would make fun of anyone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

so this is the complaint box eh? just one... jacobs is greedy, pc is stupid, clodes an idiot, the team's lazy, the goalies are no good, pp stinks, the system doesn't work, they can't draft young talent, TToo many distractions, not enough done at the trade deadline, but FIRST AND FOREMOST- their fans have lost hope on march 14th? keep the faith b's fans it's NOW when the team needs to know EVERYONE is behind them. NOW is when you cheer the loudest. NOW is when you offer that extra vote of confidence. it's funny, you get to see people's true colors when the crap hits the fan. some lose hope and slink away, others stand up and continue to fight to the bitter end. which are you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

so this is the complaint box eh? just one... jacobs is greedy, pc is stupid, clodes an idiot, the team's lazy, the goalies are no good, pp stinks, the system doesn't work, they can't draft young talent, TToo many distractions, not enough done at the trade deadline, but FIRST AND FOREMOST- their fans have lost hope on march 14th? keep the faith b's fans it's NOW when the team needs to know EVERYONE is behind them. NOW is when you cheer the loudest. NOW is when you offer that extra vote of confidence. it's funny, you get to see people's true colors when the crap hits the fan. some lose hope and slink away, others stand up and continue to fight to the bitter end. which are you?
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Attaboy! You know I'm standing up right beside you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Posted by adkbeesfan

im standing adk and hoping bs will fight to bitter end.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

didn't doubt it for a second dez. this team deserves better from their fans. 9 months ago they accomplished something for the ages, showing some incredible intestinal fortitude. coming back from 0-2 down in 2 series, and winning 3 gm 7's. how quickly we forget! when these guys have their backs against the wall (getting REAL close to that now), they rise to the occasion. i really believe that's the reason for the mediocre play the past month or two(injuries didn't help of course). they weren't playing FOR anything, playoffs looked to be a lock- not so much now. watch the change in their demeanor over the next week, with the sens breathing down their neck. they will heat it up at just the right time. GO BRUINS!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

didn't doubt it for a second dez. this team deserves better from their fans. 9 months ago they accomplished something for the ages, showing some incredible intestinal fortitude. coming back from 0-2 down in 2 series, and winning 3 gm 7's. how quickly we forget! when these guys have their backs against the wall (getting REAL close to that now), they rise to the occasion. i really believe that's the reason for the mediocre play the past month or two(injuries didn't help of course). they weren't playing FOR anything, playoffs looked to be a lock- not so much now. watch the change in their demeanor over the next week, with the sens breathing down their neck. they will heat it up at just the right time. GO BRUINS!!!
    Posted by adkbeesfan

ADK, you just took the thoughts right out of my head. I've said it before that being a Bruins fan is alot like being a Dead Head. The team/music is great but the fans often stink.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

hehehe, good one. that's why you hope that stuff in their pocket masks their stink- with the st(d)ank. wink wink. btw saw the jgb band this weekend, they have a new guy playing jerry. did a good job, but he's no stu allen. he was the best "jerry" since jerry. kinda bummed we didn't get to see him again, i think i read he has his own thing going on now in san fran. either way... melvin was great, as were the mint julips! rock on my friend

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

hehehe, good one. that's why you hope that stuff in their pocket masks their stink- with the st(d)ank. wink wink. btw saw the jgb band this weekend, they have a new guy playing jerry. did a good job, but he's no stu allen. he was the best "jerry" since jerry. kinda bummed we didn't get to see him again, i think i read he has his own thing going on now in san fran. either way... melvin was great, as were the mint julips! rock on my friend
    Posted by adkbeesfan

You too buddy. Couple of (unhockey-related) links for you.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKlVqTz8J5o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNBp6sFXXPo&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD_36cuiXvU&feature=related

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Designated Excuse Thread : im standing adk and hoping bs will fight to bitter end.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

Welcome back, where the heck have you been???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

1- Really really bad turnovers from D-man is a start, 2- Worse PP team in the league for the past 3  years... Looks at the suit in the back of the bench in charge of  special team.. sorry Rolston at the point.. extremely predictable, too slow, too old, not a leader. 3- Don't blame Obama, here in Canada we like him, then again we have health care less crime, and we don't have shows like : Lady Hogger, and swamp people lol 4.  Last but not least.. Smile, there's nothin' we can do about this team of underacheivers
    Posted by ccoul

I had a rebuttal but I'll hold on to it, making fun of special needs people is not my thing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I watched most of the joke of a game last night and still believe that this team has the ability to come together and play well again. I'm standing with you guys adk and dez.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I watched most of the joke of a game last night and still believe that this team has the ability to come together and play well again. I'm standing with you guys adk and dez.
    Posted by lambda13

Lam, it's good to have some believers.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Designated Excuse Thread : Welcome back, where the heck have you been???
    Posted by kelvana33

hey kel hows my favorite goalie expert. ive been here just reading but its time to start back up again. trolls are out of control though. at least the ones from the last years run had some ammo with the year before to philly dropping 3-0 lead or 20 years of past playoff performances. these clowns dont even have a leg to stand on. either way im back ,dez brought me out with his return of  "i guess im a sheep who loves kool aid" thread which was right in my wheelhouse.

the excuses well were does a bruins fan start. the biggest thing and to no-ones surprise is man games without a doubt. i dont know what the number was last year but it wasnt like this no way. one of the experts on here probably have the numbers, along with alot of other factors excluding presidential visits!!! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Last season after acquiring Kelly, Peverly, the team had a rough patch, were not scoring, were making turnovers, and only had Thomas saving them. I see no reason to panic now and I have every reason to believe the team will bounce back with avengence. The B's rattled off their ridiculous win streak earlier this year right after playing horribly pathetic hockey over the first weeks. Slumps are just that..slumps based on fatigue this time of the season. The Rangers will slump and when they do, it will knock them out of the playoffs early. 

Sections
Shortcuts