Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester,

I knew it.

Bouwmeester to Detroit to Norris

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester,:
    [QUOTE]One more thing, shupe - when you say he has never been in a winning environment, you ain't kidding.  He has played 18 playoff games in his life, all of them the year of the lockout when, after two years of NHL action, he played 18 playoff games with the Chicago Wolves putting up an impressive 0-0-0 and 14 PiM.  Now, let's just pretend we've had the four-hundred post argument about how much of that is his fault - but when you're a player with the tools he possesses and you have never managed to make even one of the teams you've been on good enough to make the playoffs, then surely, as a guy treated like a cornerstone player, at least part of the problem is JBo?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Team sport...he got a monster contract and went home.  Lots of pressure playing in his back yard.  Calgary has been a bad team for a while.  Florida has never been good.  I can reach out and name some guys on bad teams (Nash) or all stars on good teams(Ovi) and we could talk all night long. I mean Weber has advanced one-two times?  I would never blame one player in a team sport but I know what you are getting at. 

I'd like your list of 30.  or 60. JBo plays number 1 minutes...at his contract he likely always will...but he is a solid player.  He would be classed as a 1(a) type dman or very good 2. 

Detroit has a guy like Kronwall who is an elite dman and no one ever really hears about him bc they had Rafelski and Nic.  But Kronwall is a beast...they also had a guy like Stuart who quietly played great hockey.  I just really like what Detroit can do with players...Bertuzzi, Cleary, Stuart and prior to that with staples like Draper, Maltby and Samuelson.  Detroit is an organziation that goes about its business in a quiet manner.  I can see JBo having very good seasons with a very talented team.  He won't be the #1 guy with Kronwall taking that role.  But JBo could and would be an excellent (!a). 

Who would you rather have.  JBo or Seids if contracts were even...taking into consideration that I love what Seids brings. 

NAS.  You hate dmen. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Bouwmeester is a loser, not a winner. There I said it and feel better for it.

How can a guy of that talent level not drag his team into the playoffs? Look at Calgary. Top level goaltender, top level first line winger, and a solid D line-up top to bottom. This team should easily make the playoffs with a truly talented #1 D. Problem is they don't have one. Pretty much the same happened in Florida. 

Doug McLean on Hockey Central talked about interviewing him at draft time and came away with the impression that he isn't driven to exceed, so he past on him. Maybe the only smart thing McLean ever did, but that is besides the point. 

When I watch JBo, I can't believe how smooth he is. Just silky smooth and flawless, except for making things happen. I bet there is never any dirt under his finger nails. 

There is no comparison to Murphy and a change of scenery. Murphy had had many great years in Pittsburgh before his Toronto debacle. He fit into a system in Detroit where he didn't need to be a #1, but a specialized player for the PP. A #3 even, because of young Lidstrom.  

If you could get JBo for 4mil as a #2 or #3 D, sure. But not at the 7+ a yr he gets.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Bouwmeester is a loser, not a winner. There I said it and feel better for it. How can a guy of that talent level not drag his team into the playoffs? Look at Calgary. Top level goaltender, top level first line winger, and a solid D line-up top to bottom. This team should easily make the playoffs with a truly talented #1 D. Problem is they don't have one. Pretty much the same happened in Florida.  Doug McLean on Hockey Central talked about interviewing him at draft time and came away with the impression that he isn't driven to exceed, so he past on him. Maybe the only smart thing McLean ever did, but that is besides the point.  When I watch JBo, I can't believe how smooth he is. Just silky smooth and flawless, except for making things happen. I bet there is never any dirt under his finger nails.  There is no comparison to Murphy and a change of scenery. Murphy had had many great years in Pittsburgh before his Toronto debacle. He fit into a system in Detroit where he didn't need to be a #1, but a specialized player for the PP. A #3 even, because of young Lidstrom.   If you could get JBo for 4mil as a #2 or #3 D, sure. But not at the 7+ a yr he gets.  
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

What did he have in Florida to work with?  If Calgary has all these great parts JBo is he reason they arent getting in?  Murphy had many great years in Washington as well but was quiet about his game(similar to JBo). 
    He is well overpaid...no argument there.  But name a team where he would be in a top pairing if money wasnt the issue.  I think he has been a player in terrible markets.  Skill up the ha-who like you siad and maybe someone who doesnt have the killer streak in him...he's 29...still prime time area for dmen.  Get him in a winning organization like a Detroit and he would be a player who quietly does his business and hide under the radar. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Bouwmeester is a loser, not a winner. There I said it and feel better for it. How can a guy of that talent level not drag his team into the playoffs? Look at Calgary. Top level goaltender, top level first line winger, and a solid D line-up top to bottom. This team should easily make the playoffs with a truly talented #1 D. Problem is they don't have one. Pretty much the same happened in Florida.  Doug McLean on Hockey Central talked about interviewing him at draft time and came away with the impression that he isn't driven to exceed, so he past on him. Maybe the only smart thing McLean ever did, but that is besides the point.  When I watch JBo, I can't believe how smooth he is. Just silky smooth and flawless, except for making things happen. I bet there is never any dirt under his finger nails.  There is no comparison to Murphy and a change of scenery. Murphy had had many great years in Pittsburgh before his Toronto debacle. He fit into a system in Detroit where he didn't need to be a #1, but a specialized player for the PP. A #3 even, because of young Lidstrom.   If you could get JBo for 4mil as a #2 or #3 D, sure. But not at the 7+ a yr he gets.  
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]
    MacLean was behind one of the most lopsided trades in hockey. When he was GM in Adirondack, he acquired Kris Draper from the Jets for a dollar.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester,:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester, : What did he have in Florida to work with?  If Calgary has all these great parts JBo is he reason they arent getting in?  Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Bouwmeester had nothing to work with in Florida and in Calgary it was all turmoil to work with because of idiotic management.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester, : Bouwmeester had nothing to work with in Florida and in Calgary it was all turmoil to work with because of idiotic management.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Bingo.  Idiotic management is spot on. 

Lets see what he does in a real hockey market with owners who know what they are doing.  Detroits system is ideal.  Even their fan base is perfect for him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I think JB is a seamless fit in Detroit, and they really wouldnt care if he's not particularly gritty. That and the gaping holes on the Detroit blue line make the deal a no-brainer.

Except for the fact that 6 mil is just stupid $ for him, but apparently nobody wants Detroit's money these days.

I understand NASs point about the "Detroit factor" but I think his skillset would fit and Detroit and would likely be his best chance at giving him a real, not artificial career boost.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I think JB is a seamless fit in Detroit, and they really wouldnt care if he's not particularly gritty. That and the gaping holes on the Detroit blue line make the deal a no-brainer. Except for the fact that 6 mil is just stupid $ for him, but apparently nobody wants Detroit's money these days. I understand NASs point about the "Detroit factor" but I think his skillset would fit and Detroit and would likely be his best chance at giving him a real, not artificial career boost.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Detroit has a load of money to throw around.  They can add him and still look for another crazy contract if they want.  I find it strange Detroit cant land players either...I mean Detroit is a dung hole of a place.  But it is a great organization.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester, : Bouwmeester had nothing to work with in Florida and in Calgary it was all turmoil to work with because of idiotic management.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Oh, absolutely.  Darryl Sutter hasn't got a clue.  When's the last time that inbred won anything?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think it's too far fetched to assume if Bouwmeester landed in Detroit his numbers and overall game would improve. Nobody is suggesting he'll be a Norris candidate, or fill Lidstroms shoes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester,:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit in talks with the Flames for Bouwmeester, : Oh, absolutely.  Darryl Sutter hasn't got a clue.  When's the last time that inbred won anything ?Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

You apparently have the answer. Why did he win in LA and not Calgary ?

Umm lets start with Darryl didn't have any say about the overloaded talent he walked into in LA but had lots of say in Calgary about who was brought in...

"Sutter didn't have any say in player personnel in Calgary" In 5...4...3...2...