Detroit vs Boston - Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: Detroit vs Boston - Game 1

I thought the b's best players were pretty quiet.  They got to pick up next game or its gonna be a long series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to socca10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice move at the red line sure, but that was just a weak goal...Bruins can't wait until the last 10 minutes to play with energy. As always they make the first round more challenging on themselves!

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you there.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This was Lucic's loss! Pulling that garbage. Glad he didn't score! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

[/QUOTE]

Thats a little harsh Nite,the nutter was uncalled for but i think the loss goes to very little quality shots,the 1st line needs more presence.Full credit to the Wings for the victory,hope this is the B's wakeup call,on to Sunday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Tuukka was great,no problem there,can't win a game 0-0,offence has to get going.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

[/QUOTE]
    You're glad he didn't score?  Yeah, a goal from him would've sucked.  The B's would've had a chance to win in OT and be up 1-0 in the series.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Good game.....Bruins will win on Sunday

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good game.....Bruins will win on Sunday

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that Bob,game on!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Really?  Personally I wish he would have scored....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

This game was just typical Bruin first round hockey,if anyone thought Bruins were going to roll over Detroit,they haven;t watched the Bruins play the last few years,however Detroit isn't the Leafs,so better not go down that road again,or could be a real early summer,Bruins really missed Paille and Kelly's speed out there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If he's going to resort to that kind of Bush league garbage I'm not cheering for him! It was a nothing play. If there was some sort squabble, or jam in front of the net that's one thing, but there was absolutely no reason for that! As I said I'm glad HE didn't score. He made me embarrassed to be a Bruins fan. That's a Lapuke,  or a Burrows move! I hate those players so why should I give Lucic a pass because of the uniform he wears! So don't tell me to relax!

[/QUOTE]

NOB, relax. Yes, completely classless move... but to put the loss on him? I guess you want to see him traded too?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I said the Wings would win game 1. And it would take 6 games. The Bruins will prevail.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

If he's going to resort to that kind of Bush league garbage I'm not cheering for him! It was a nothing play. If there was some sort squabble, or jam in front of the net that's one thing, but there was absolutely no reason for that! As I said I'm glad HE didn't score. He made me embarrassed to be a Bruins fan. That's a Lapuke,  or a Burrows move! I hate those players so why should I give Lucic a pass because of the uniform he wears! So don't tell me to relax!

[/QUOTE]

NOB, relax. Yes, completely classless move... but to put the loss on him? I guess you want to see him traded too?

[/QUOTE]

Nite,i agree it was uncalled for but who knows what precipitated it,let Fat tell his side of the story.I'm not giving him a pass and if it happened to a B's player i would have been fizzed but emotions run high,as you know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

The good thing about a Sunday afternoon game, Nite shouldn't be drunk posting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response odnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not drunk you fawk!  I just don't agree with that kind garbage and you'd be the 1st one whining if some Wing did that to a Bruin! So have a nice drink of shut the fawk up!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I'm not drunk you fawk!  I just don't agree with that kind garbage and you'd be the 1st one whining if some Wing did that to a Bruin! So have a nice drink of shut the fawk up!!

I don't agree with what he did and wouldn't argue a one game suspension.  He's done it twice in a couple of weeks and that has no business in the game.  However, I still would've loved to see him score.  The Bruins lost 1-0.  A score would've meant OT and a chance to win the game.  Even a dumb fawk as yourself should be able to understand that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't have double standards! 

[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with what he did and wouldn't argue a one game suspension.  He's done it twice in a couple of weeks and that has no business in the game.  However, I still would've loved to see him score.  The Bruins lost 1-0.  A score would've meant OT and a chance to win the game.  Even a dumb fawk as yourself should be able to understand that.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its called hockey... get over it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its called hockey... get over it.

[/QUOTE]

Ramming your stick up into someone's balls is not hockey! Everyone one of us here was pi ssed off beyond words when Burrows bit Bergeron and he got 3 points in game 2 when he shouldn't have been playing. I wanted the Bruins to win I just didn't want Lucic getting the winner! By all rights he should have been kicked out of the game! I'm not someone who lives by double standards! It was a gutless move and needless. I'd be just as pi ssed if someone did that to Bruin. That's not Bruin hockey and if this is Lucic' new trend I won't be cheering for him at all. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Hopefully this gm will serve as a wake-up call.  They are a much better team than what they showed tonight.  7 shots on goal by the 1st & 2nd line combined is poor effort.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I think the psychology of it is Looch knows Detroit won't fight back.  And, if they do, they'll probably lose.  So it's a tactic to try and get Detroit off its game.  And it almost worked had Tuukka stopped the puck.  The deeper the game went the slower Detroit got from the physicality.  I think had the game gone into overtime those hits and physical plays would have paid off.  The over-arching strategy is the B's keep pounding them, then by game 6 or 7 they'll be able to impose their will.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the psychology of it is Looch knows Detroit won't fight back.  And, if they do, they'll probably lose.  So it's a tactic to try and get Detroit off its game.  And it almost worked had Tuukka stopped the puck.  The deeper the game went the slower Detroit got from the physicality.  I think had the game gone into overtime those hits and physical plays would have paid off.  The over-arching strategy is the B's keep pounding them, then by game 6 or 7 they'll be able to impose their will.

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Lucic crushing DeKayser's grapes with his stick was not part of the game plan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Classless move by Lucic (AGAIN!)..I hope he gets rid of that stuff.  As for the game, Detroit was just a bit better IMO and deserved the win...they sure know how to play a defensive system. Someone needs to shadow Datsuyk and stay in his face.  A perfect playoff road game for the Wings.  Forget about this one and move on.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Lucic crushing DeKayser's grapes with his stick was not part of the game plan.

[/QUOTE]

See, I think you're wrong.  I think it was a direct challenge to Redwings and I think it's the right approach.  They want to finesse their way through the series and Looch was saying were gonna beat you down every single game, balls included.  Street fight rules.

I don't applaud the action, but I do the strategy.  If the Redwings have an issue with it, drop the gloves.  But they won't.  They'll skate.  And the B's will pound.  And by game 5 or 6 I think we'll know who's going to win this series.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I'd just like to add, If iginla want's a Cup, he better start hitting people.  The days of Sidney yelling, "Iggy, Iggy!" are long over.  He's on the biggest power forward line he's ever seen.  He needs to start playing that way.

Forget triangles.  It's sledge hammers.  Beat them.. into.. submission.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I love Lucic but don't know what his fascination with balls is lately but he needs to get over it,it;s becoming embaresing to him and the team.if he is frustrated here"s a thought score a goal

Sections
Shortcuts