Detroit vs Boston - Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Detroit vs Boston - Game 1

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah I love Lucic but don't know what his fascination with balls is lately but he needs to get over it,it;s becoming embaresing to him and the team.if he is frustrated here"s a thought score a goal

[/QUOTE]

I think he's been fascinated with balls for a while now.  Remember the cockpat he gave Phaneuf last year?

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

Ramming your stick up into someone's balls is not hockey! Everyone one of us here was pi ssed off beyond words when Burrows bit Bergeron and he got 3 points in game 2 when he shouldn't have been playing. I wanted the Bruins to win I just didn't want Lucic getting the winner! By all rights he should have been kicked out of the game! I'm not someone who lives by double standards! It was a gutless move and needless. I'd be just as pi ssed if someone did that to Bruin. That's not Bruin hockey and if this is Lucic' new trend I won't be cheering for him at all

[/QUOTE]

if you prefer a team of choirboys, i suggest you cheer for the Wings instead....i'll take guys like Looch & Marchand on my team anyday....and have no problem with having double standards on this matter....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

A little well placed love tap to the jewels, behind the play, has been going on since  hockey's been played. No big deal, he'll still be able to father.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:
    [QUOTE]

A little well placed love tap to the jewels, behind the play, has been going on since  hockey's been played. No big deal, he'll still be able to father.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

exactly, i'm sure this is part of what the "Big, Bad Bruins" reputation was built on....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

The over the top reaction to Lucic's bell ringing is amusing. Get over yourselves,  its an intimidation tactic that's been going on forever.  Big fin deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Lucic doesn't need to stick someone in the grapes to intimidate, that's the point.  Leave that crap to the Sean Avery's of the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There's an element of "If you don't like it, fight me" to those love taps.  It's a reminder that Lucic can do what he likes when he likes because he's badder than anyone on that team.    But yeah - there are other ways to send that reminder than playing a little ball hockey.

NAS doesn't even like guys hugging after goals - this must have a special punishment in Dante's Inferno.

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:[QUOTE] I thought the b's best players were pretty quiet.  They got to pick up next game or its gonna be a long series. [/QUOTE]

It already was going to be a long series before it started. Detroit's defense got the puck up and out of there own zone quick. So Bruins forecheck has basically no time to play patty cake around,  trying to figure out where the Wings are positioned for their breakout.

The Red Wings also did a real good job of closing lanes so Boston's Dmen couldn't get the puck through. Big part of the Bruins game now getting points from the back end. I like the way Florek b@nged around out there last night, kid knows how to use his big frame.

Notorious slow starters in the 1st round just gave themselves a wake up call. Last year the Loafs couldn't put the Bruins away, that mistake will not happen this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bim09's comment:[QUOTE] I'd just like to add, If iginla want's a Cup, he better start hitting people.  The days of Sidney yelling, "Iggy, Iggy!" are long over.  He's on the biggest power forward line he's ever seen.  He needs to start playing that way. [/QUOTE]

Holding off on that extension. Chased the puck around all night, saw nothing from him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the psychology of it is Looch knows Detroit won't fight back.  And, if they do, they'll probably lose.  So it's a tactic to try and get Detroit off its game.  And it almost worked had Tuukka stopped the puck.  The deeper the game went the slower Detroit got from the physicality.  I think had the game gone into overtime those hits and physical plays would have paid off.  The over-arching strategy is the B's keep pounding them, then by game 6 or 7 they'll be able to impose their will.

[/QUOTE]

Boston can't lose the first 3 games establishing their game plan... that leaves no margin for error in the final 4 games. Rask and the defense contained the Wings last night... getting shut out at the other end (without even generating many good chances) is unacceptable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think the psychology of it is Looch knows Detroit won't fight back.  And, if they do, they'll probably lose.  So it's a tactic to try and get Detroit off its game.  And it almost worked had Tuukka stopped the puck.  The deeper the game went the slower Detroit got from the physicality.  I think had the game gone into overtime those hits and physical plays would have paid off.  The over-arching strategy is the B's keep pounding them, then by game 6 or 7 they'll be able to impose their will.

[/QUOTE]

Boston can't lose the first 3 games establishing their game plan... that leaves no margin for error in the final 4 games. Rask and the defense contained the Wings last night... getting shut out at the other end (without even generating many good chances) is unacceptable.

[/QUOTE]

Well, you're going to have to accept it.

1.  You have no choice.

2.  You can't do anything about it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I found krug got beat alot on the boards, hope to get Miller and Bart back
    My opinion only counts when I am right

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

My opinion only counts when I am right

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1.  You have no choice.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah we no you don't care one way or the other what the Bruins do just go away.if I had free tickets for Mont Tamp and they were playing across the street from my house you wouldn't have pried me away from my TV for the Bruin game.You never make comments about game you just come on here to argue with someone or trash them. Guess that's how you get off.would rather read posts from Null.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

taking a while for Boston to find their groove... might only take 1 goal

[/QUOTE]

Yep. Looked that way all night. B's could be in trouble without waking up. They will need to come out and physically abuse them if they want to win this series.

[/QUOTE]

Don't think that will work Wings take the hits,make the play and the puck is going up the ice,not going to itimidate them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

So much for Lucic' action being part of the game. Last time I checked you don't get fined $5000 for doing something that belongs in the game. But, at least something was done about it. He got what he deserved so I'm sure Lucic will go back to being the player I love. 

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=449825

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bim09's comment:[QUOTE] I'd just like to add, If iginla want's a Cup, he better start hitting people.  The days of Sidney yelling, "Iggy, Iggy!" are long over.  He's on the biggest power forward line he's ever seen.  He needs to start playing that way. [/QUOTE]

Holding off on that extension. Chased the puck around all night, saw nothing from him.

[/QUOTE]
    I know its a little to early to start characterizing players with just 1 game played, but it sure looked alot like Iginla 2013.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I know its a little to early to start characterizing players with just 1 game played, but it sure looked alot like Iginla 2013.

[/QUOTE]

Sure hope so. he got 12 points in 15 games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1.  You have no choice.

[/QUOTE]

Do you ever get tired of having you around?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

1 game. Detroit is a good team, Bruins are better. B's will win the series.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

I have NO PROBLEM with what Looch did, this is HOCKEY NOT GOLF, it's about imposing your will and grinding down Detroit with PHYSICAL PLAY. MARCHAND AND LOOCH NEED TO KEEP BRINGING THIS TYPE OF PHISICAL PLAY THE WOLE SERIES SO THESE PUNK RED WINGS KNOW NOT TO MESS WITH THE BIG BAD BRUINS! BOSTON STRONG!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have NO PROBLEM with what Looch did, this is HOCKEY NOT GOLF, it's about imposing your will and grinding down Detroit with PHYSICAL PLAY. MARCHAND AND LOOCH NEED TO KEEP BRINGING THIS TYPE OF PHISICAL PLAY THE WOLE SERIES SO THESE PUNK RED WINGS KNOW NOT TO MESS WITH THE BIG BAD BRUINS! BOSTON STRONG!

[/QUOTE]

I hate to see Looch trying to bring himself down to your level.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Won't work against Detroit to well coached to disicplined off a team,whacking guys in the nuts isn't the Bruins game,I love Lucic his game is hard hitting getting in front of the net and  scoring goals if he isn't playing that way than Bruins will be in big trouble.Your not going to intimidate Detroit or get them off there game with bush league tactics,Bruins are a better team than Detroit so beat them playing Bruin hockey hard hitting,for checking.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Lucic paid his $5000 for his punk mov, its finished and lets move on...

Bruins will tomorrow

Sections
Shortcuts