Dev Camp Notes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Dev Camp Notes

Got into Boston last night. Spent the day at Wilmington for the Development Camp.

Started the morning having a cup of coffee at the Dunkin Donuts with the father of Jared Knight and we were latter joined by Mr. & Mrs. Spooner.

Walked to the arena with the Spooners in time for the workout. And later met up with all of them during the break and after the power skating session. We covered a lot of ground.

News:

1. Jared Knight and Ryan Spooner will be signed to entry-level contracts right after the Development camp.

2. If Knight and Spooner don't make the roster at training camp (unlikely they will), they will be sent to their junior teams.

3. London Knights are gearing up for a run at the Memorial Cup and want Knight back for the year.

4. SCOOP - Kingston Frontenacs are in a rebuilding mode. London is going for it (Mem Cup). Their is an understanding between Dale Hunter (London) and Doug Gilmour (Kingston) that if the Knights need a boost a deal will be worked out that will land Ryan Spooner in London to join Jared Knight.

5. The London Knights have secured the son of Tie Domi for the upcoming season. He is supposed to be a hotshot prospect for the 2012 Draft. He is a type 1 diabetic just like Jared Knight.

OBSERVATIONS from the workout:

Both Jared Knight and Ryan Spooner have a sixth gear. I saw no-one else that is close to that.

Having spent half a year under Doug Gilmour in Kingston, the influence is unmistakable. I thought I was watching Doug Gilmour out there.

Jared Knight's lateral acceleration is phemonenal. It is almost in the same class as Pavel Bure.

Khoklachev has very good hands, but his skating needs work. He is a disaster going backwards. Thank goodness, he is a forward.

Doug Hamilton plays in the classic defenseman's style - right out of the textbook.

The rough gem of the group, in my opinion, is Brian Ferlin. His initial acclereation needs work, but once he gets in gear he motors. I like the way he goes to the net and uses those aroud him. The kid is behind the others when it comes experience and competion level. Once polished this kid could be a  very good one.

More tomorrow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Re: Dev Camp Notes

Magnificent post Wheatskins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

thank you very much

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks tonnes Wheat. Much appreciated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Very interesting Wheat, good post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Yea, Knight has developed nicely so far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I was there, I talked to one or two bloggers. Apparently Koko is more than a little sore from the training which is both different and tougher than anything he's done before.

The skating coach is vicious I thought he was going to have them skate with one foot on the opposite shoulder after the first couple drills.

Tommy Cross who looks good (as does Ferlin and a couple other dmen) actually fell over backwards during one of the weirder skating drills, he was cheered.

In

Response to Dev Camp Notes:
    Got into Boston last night. Spent the day at Wilmington for the Development Camp. Started the morning having a cup of coffee at the Dunkin Donuts with the father of Jared Knight and we were latter joined by Mr. & Mrs. Spooner. Walked to the arena with the Spooners in time for the workout. And later met up with all of them during the break and after the power skating session. We covered a lot of ground. News: 1. Jared Knight and Ryan Spooner will be signed to entry-level contracts right after the Development camp. 2. If Knight and Spooner don't make the roster at training camp (unlikely they will), they will be sent to their junior teams. 3. London Knights are gearing up for a run at the Memorial Cup and want Knight back for the year. 4. SCOOP - Kingston Frontenacs are in a rebuilding mode. London is going for it (Mem Cup). Their is an understanding between Dale Hunter (London) and Doug Gilmour (Kingston) that if the Knights need a boost a deal will be worked out that will land Ryan Spooner in London to join Jared Knight. 5. The London Knights have secured the son of Tie Domi for the upcoming season. He is supposed to be a hotshot prospect for the 2012 Draft. He is a type 1 diabetic just like Jared Knight. OBSERVATIONS from the workout: Both Jared Knight and Ryan Spooner have a sixth gear. I saw no-one else that is close to that. Having spent half a year under Doug Gilmour in Kingston, the influence is unmistakable. I thought I was watching Doug Gilmour out there. Jared Knight's lateral acceleration is phemonenal. It is almost in the same class as Pavel Bure. Khoklachev has very good hands, but his skating needs work. He is a disaster going backwards. Thank goodness, he is a forward. Doug Hamilton plays in the classic defenseman's style - right out of the textbook. The rough gem of the group, in my opinion, is Brian Ferlin. His initial acclereation needs work, but once he gets in gear he motors. I like the way he goes to the net and uses those aroud him. The kid is behind the others when it comes experience and competion level. Once polished this kid could be a  very good one. More tomorrow.
    Posted by Wheatskins

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dev Camp Notes:
    Yea, Knight has developed nicely so far. Posted by bim09

"Jared Knight's lateral acceleration is phenomenal. It is almost in the same class as Pavel Bure."

I was just going to say Bim would like that...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Thanks for the detailed report Wheat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: Dev Camp Notes : "Jared Knight's lateral acceleration is phenomenal. It is almost in the same class as Pavel Bure." I was just going to say Bim would like that...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I saw that too. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Of  everything you posted, the news I like the most is a chance that Kinight and Spooner my play together outside of the Bruins org.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

What about Seguin?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Seguin is not participating in the workouts or the scrimmages. He is this year's figurehead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Wheat, thanks bud. This is what I've been looking for. I made the mistake of reading a thread with over 50 posts titled "Doug Hamilton" but all it discussed was the "Doug/Dougie" thing...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Dev Camp Notes:
    Got into Boston last night. Spent the day at Wilmington for the Development Camp. Started the morning having a cup of coffee at the Dunkin Donuts with the father of Jared Knight and we were latter joined by Mr. & Mrs. Spooner. Walked to the arena with the Spooners in time for the workout. And later met up with all of them during the break and after the power skating session. We covered a lot of ground. News: 1. Jared Knight and Ryan Spooner will be signed to entry-level contracts right after the Development camp. 2. If Knight and Spooner don't make the roster at training camp (unlikely they will), they will be sent to their junior teams. 3. London Knights are gearing up for a run at the Memorial Cup and want Knight back for the year. 4. SCOOP - Kingston Frontenacs are in a rebuilding mode. London is going for it (Mem Cup). Their is an understanding between Dale Hunter (London) and Doug Gilmour (Kingston) that if the Knights need a boost a deal will be worked out that will land Ryan Spooner in London to join Jared Knight. 5. The London Knights have secured the son of Tie Domi for the upcoming season. He is supposed to be a hotshot prospect for the 2012 Draft. He is a type 1 diabetic just like Jared Knight. OBSERVATIONS from the workout: Both Jared Knight and Ryan Spooner have a sixth gear. I saw no-one else that is close to that. Having spent half a year under Doug Gilmour in Kingston, the influence is unmistakable. I thought I was watching Doug Gilmour out there. Jared Knight's lateral acceleration is phemonenal. It is almost in the same class as Pavel Bure. Khoklachev has very good hands, but his skating needs work. He is a disaster going backwards. Thank goodness, he is a forward. Doug Hamilton plays in the classic defenseman's style - right out of the textbook. The rough gem of the group, in my opinion, is Brian Ferlin. His initial acclereation needs work, but once he gets in gear he motors. I like the way he goes to the net and uses those aroud him. The kid is behind the others when it comes experience and competion level. Once polished this kid could be a  very good one. More tomorrow.
    Posted by Wheatskins

This is a top 5 post since I've been on this board . A fantastic post Wheatskin and great inside info. A word of note though , don't say anything good about Knight . His stats tell the whole story on what kind of player he is . Watching him play or practice doesn't.

Thanks for this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thanks Wheats. Good to get some of the CHOWDA- like info on the camp participants. Good to see both Spooner and Knight are expecting a return to Juniors, and that their Junior coaches are working to help these kids develop Cassidy has his hands full with the changes in providence as well as the change from "shouting" [ Murray] to communicating.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

Posted by Wheatskins

Thanks Wheatskins! Great update.  The Globe should hire you to replace Fluto and his pathetic attempt to update us all on the Bruins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Thanks Wheats. Good to get some of the CHOWDA- like info on the camp participants. Good to see both Spooner and Knight are expecting a return to Juniors, and that their Junior coaches are working to help these kids develop Cassidy has his hands full with the changes in providence as well as the change from "shouting" [ Murray] to communicating.
    Posted by bogie6

I'm glad you mentioned their OHL coaches in your post bogie. It can only help having former NHLers Gilmour and Hunter working with these two.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Posted by Wheatskins

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Posted by Wheatskins

Thanks Wheatskins....its posts like this that make sifting through a lot of the useless entries all worth while...great job ...very enlightening

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Thanks Wheatskins!  Excellent!

I'm gong tomorrow, but I doubt my post will match the standard of yours.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Thanks Wheatskins!  Excellent! I'm gong tomorrow, but I doubt my post will match the standard of yours.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Do your best Badhab . All input is appreciated greatly. Enjoy !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thanks Wheatskins!  Excellent! I'm gong tomorrow, but I doubt my post will match the standard of yours.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Hey pick up Wheat in Burlington so he doesn't have to take 5 buses to Wilmington...

Sections
Shortcuts