Development Camp: It's Thanksgiving and there's no room at the grown-up table

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Development Camp: It's Thanksgiving and there's no room at the grown-up table

In Response to Re: Development Camp: It's Thanksgiving and there's no room at the grown-up table:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Development Camp: It's Thanksgiving and there's no room at the grown-up table : Two things.  One it may not be a rookie playing 4th line.  There are plenty of 4th line candidates on the current roster. Paillie, Kelley, Campbell, would make a nice 4th.  Second, there is no need to limit anybody's minutes to 5 during the regular season.  Role 'em all.  I'm basing all this on somebody stepping up and not allowing them to send them down.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you say but Thornton brings intangibles that the team needs (especially with Recchi gone), and no one else can bring.  I just don't think it's time to move him yet.  He probably will get some time in a suit though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Development Camp: It's Thanksgiving and there's no room at the grown-up table

In Response to Re: Development Camp: It's Thanksgiving and there's no room at the grown-up table:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Development Camp: It's Thanksgiving and there's no room at the grown-up table : bim- I apologize if I have this wrong, but haven't you been critical of the Knight pick?  You seeing something different from him?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Yep.  He's developing.  He looks stronger this year.  And I think he's worked on his skating stride a bit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Thanks for the response, sounds very encouraging.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]Well, all the pros are in attendance and claiming sainthood for Thornton. Yes he is a rah rah Bruin, and good in the locker room. That doesn't translate to a skilled hockey player, never has. The Bruins cannot afford to carry Thornton if they are to continue to transform themselves into a 4 line scoring/shutdown skating team. Thornton's weaknesses are puck control, skating, defensive zone coverage [ worse than Boychuck], and passing or shooting consistently. He will be outclassed at Training camp, and at age 33 does not seem to have the capability to change.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

I dont agree with your assessment on thornton, but that aside your dead wrong, the bruins absolutely can afford to carry him on the roster as a healthy scratch if a young guy is playing in front of him.. The team sits near 10? million under the cap..

And again thornton being a good locker room guy is more then you seem to think.. the guy is a professional and will lead by example scratch him 20 straight games and he will still come in practice hard, and be ready to go when he gets his shot, a lot of the young guys can learn from that..

There is 0 chance he ends up in providence, the team would trade him before demoting him, his AHL days are gone..