Devils @ Bruins Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Devils @ Bruins Game Thread

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Whoooops!  I started a thread bashing Seguin's effort.  That probably should have gone here instead.

Anyway, that was a great fight.  I'm glad they stopped the hockey game to let the two clowns dance.

Also, what's up with Rancourt's dual colored hair?

Also, where did Gord Kluzak's hair go?

Also, Seidenberg leveled a guy from behind but he wasn't hurt, so there was no penalty!

OK, the exciting stuff about this game so far...

Kluzak's hair - he looks like a chemo patient.  

What's up with Dan Duquette jr. in between periods.  Are they that desperate for entertainment?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I like how Rask didn't flop like a fish when he got bumped. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

unbelievably another poor goalie interference call, what the f***!!!  :O

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Whoooops!  I started a thread bashing Seguin's effort.  That probably should have gone here instead.

Anyway, that was a great fight.  I'm glad they stopped the hockey game to let the two clowns dance.

Also, what's up with Rancourt's dual colored hair?

Also, where did Gord Kluzak's hair go?

Also, Seidenberg leveled a guy from behind but he wasn't hurt, so there was no penalty!

OK, the exciting stuff about this game so far...

Kluzak's hair - he looks like a chemo patient.  

What's up with Dan Duquette jr. in between periods.  Are they that desperate for entertainment?

Chemo patient?? Classy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

eh....Bourque on the power play is awful......and what a bad play by Krejci.......a night to forget !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

This line is unreal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Let's put away the 'Trade DK' rants for a while, shall we?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Anyone else see Clarkson make fun of Marchands nose by gesturing in OT?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

well....another win....but, the third line must be adressed, as the Bourque's presence on power play. CJ gave him another chance in the shoot out, ouch !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I'm sure Marchand deserved it - he got the last laugh though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I'm sure Marchand deserved it - he got the last laugh though.

And made sure the Devils knew about it as they filed off their bench chirp chirp.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What was up with Seguin after his second shootout goal? Was he chirping at the ref or Hedberg?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So....what did I miss?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Does anyone at the game know if they got the waste of skin who threw the debris on the ice? I agree it had no bearing on the play, and Hedberg didnt see it until after the play, but all he had to do was tell the ref it bothered him..Would have been interesting to see Juliens response had Seguin not scored.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

He actually did it earlier in the game too, don't know the cameras caught that one. I got a kick out of it.

Good to know I wasn't being a homer yelling "Diving!" from the balcony. Calls looked awful. Lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Does anyone at the game know if they got the waste of skin who threw the debris on the ice? I agree it had no bearing on the play, and Hedberg didnt see it until after the play, but all he had to do was tell the ref it bothered him..Would have been interesting to see Juliens response had Seguin not scored.

Nope, I looked all around to see if there was anyone getting taken away by security and saw nothing. Security was just standing around. Not a great crowd tonight. Kid behind me got kicked out 3 mins in for being too drunk....on a Tuesday....

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Dumb fan throwing stuff on the ice could have costed the Bruins the extra point.

Stupid officiating, I've been complaing about it since the start of the season. Between the refs calling so many penalties on the Bruins and Jersey's sticky it bored the crap out of me.

Good to see Horton getting the clutch goal, something that was missed in last years playoffs. I still feel when Bruins play these type of teams they need one more sniper.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

Found this on a comment to 98.5's Facebook post about it.. They slow mo at the end and do a close up. Sounds like the guy just walked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqyMmpLR5xg

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

Stupid officiating, I've been complaing about it since the start of the season. Between the refs calling so many penalties on the Bruins and Jersey's sticky it bored the crap out of me."

Hey, the NFL replacement refs needed to find work somewhere didn't they? I think Footlocker currently has a hiring freeze! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

To play back-to-back; to give a sleepy effort + win it?  

I don't wanna jinx nothin' but let's just say I'm not complaining (yet ;-)) and I don't want the squad to get too swell in their heads about being this flippin good!  

Even with Seguin still trying to find his game; even with the 3rd line still trying to figure it out.

Actually, I've had this nagging concern about the record so far - Jersey's the first team they've played that is both good and playing well.  Rangers - slow out of the gate.  Isles - non-playoff team.  Jets - non-playoff team.  Carolina - npt.  Not murderers row, and the Bruins have been rescuing points rather than dominating: two shootout wins (one requiring a late tying goal), an OT loss after giving up a two goal lead early, a late winning goal after blowing two two-goal leads....  Points are points, so I'll take it, but this reminds me of the run of success last year when they shot out to a huge lead and then seemed to run into a wall when the competition went up a notch.  It was like they'd dropped a gear somewhere, and they never were the same including agaisnt the Caps.  That series was there for them to take and they just couldn't elevate their play and take advantage.  I'd hate to see them go 20-2-2 in the first half and cruise down the stretch to a 31-13-5 record and a first round gag.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Dumb fan throwing stuff on the ice could have costed the Bruins the extra point.

Stupid officiating, I've been complaing about it since the start of the season. Between the refs calling so many penalties on the Bruins and Jersey's sticky it bored the crap out of me.

Good to see Horton getting the clutch goal, something that was missed in last years playoffs. I still feel when Bruins play these type of teams they need one more sniper.

Completely agree about one more sniper.  I think this is going to be needed when we start playing seven game series against playoff teams.

I have faith; however, that PC will figure something out.  Seidenberg, Kelly, Peverly were all deadline acquisitions.  I trust that PC will either find an internal candidate (Sauve?  Spooner?  Caron?) or an external one at the deadline.

Young NHL team.  Providence is stacked.  I can live w parting w picks/prospects for one more sniper.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Actually, I've had this nagging concern about the record so far - Jersey's the first team they've played that is both good and playing well.  Rangers - slow out of the gate.  Isles - non-playoff team.  Jets - non-playoff team.  Carolina - npt.  Not murderers row, and the Bruins have been rescuing points rather than dominating: two shootout wins (one requiring a late tying goal), an OT loss after giving up a two goal lead early, a late winning goal after blowing two two-goal leads....  Points are points, so I'll take it, but this reminds me of the run of success last year when they shot out to a huge lead and then seemed to run into a wall when the competition went up a notch.  It was like they'd dropped a gear somewhere, and they never were the same including agaisnt the Caps.  That series was there for them to take and they just couldn't elevate their play and take advantage.  I'd hate to see them go 20-2-2 in the first half and cruise down the stretch to a 31-13-5 record and a first round gag.

[/QUOTE]

Are you implying that the B's are Paper Tigers?  The Isles are currently 6th in the conference, the Jets are 7th, the Rangers are 8th, the Devils are 3rd, and the Canes are 12th.  I believe that there is always a concern about playing well at the right time, (See LA Kings), but acting like they are playing patsies I don't believe is accurate.  Last year was last year, some of the playoff teams from a year ago may be non-playoff teams this season.  The Bruins are undefeated in regulation, and they have not even come close to playing their best hockey.  How many guys can you name on the roster that have met or exceeded your expectations thus far?  Instead of being concerned, I am thrilled that they are learning to win, when they aren't at their best.  First line is the only line meeting or exceeding my expectations.  2nd line below expectations, 3rd line well below expectations, and 4th is probably meeting their expectations.  Goalies are meeting or exceeding.  Our D is either meeting or exceeding expectations, except for Chara, who I believe is a bit below his standards, and Adam and Dennis have missed games.  Definitely not firing on all cylinders just yet, but still first in conference.  

Sections
Shortcuts