Devils Hacked? Or Kovy Whack?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Devils Hacked? Or Kovy Whack?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427507

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Devils Hacked? Or Kovy Whack?

Ill use this thread rather than the one i started bc i like your subject line better.

but seriously? what gives?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Wow!!!! Curious to hear the reason...this is insane. Family reasons perhaps?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Barring news of an injury not healing or some other serious illness?  I'm guessing the Devils got Twitter hacked by Tyler Seguin.

Either that or we need a different kind of "gave up too soon" list.

Can't think of another player since Dryden who retired with more in the tank.

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

asmaha - Family, friends and faith.  And chicken, lots of fried chicken.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

No hack. Peter Burst just spoke to the Devils PR guy & he confirmed it. And he made sure to say.."Retired from the National Hockey League!" Kovy was one of the last guys to report to his team after the lockout. Lets not forget that. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Ill use this thread rather than the one i started bc i like your subject line better.

but seriously? what gives?!

I'll bring my comment here too, then:

That is... that is just jaw dropping.  He hasn't even entered the big-money part of his contract!  NJ will have to suffer a recapture penalty from this (though small).

Maybe the League can give them their draft pick back, out of mercy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

fortunately his cap hit won't be too too bad. 250K for the next million years I read somewhere. capgeek yet to confirm. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

TSN link is updated.  He wants to be in Russia with his family.  How do you say family, friends and faith in Russian?

nite for the win - apparently it does go back to his time there during the lockout.  Dude is leaving a bucket of cash on the table (no tag sale needed), and credit Lou for letting him go, b/c I think he will re-surface in the KHL.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

My only guess would be desire to return home and play.

Thats is a lot of money to turn down, and Lou cant be too happy, maybe he knew this was a possibilty, but if it was just thrown on his lap I bet he would have handled the Clarkson and Parise negotiations differently.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

fortunately his cap hit won't be too too bad. 250K for the next million years I read somewhere. capgeek yet to confirm. 

It will be 0.  He's not an over-35, they aren't buying him out.  He's walking away and they are letting him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

TSN link has Lou's comments.  He's known since the lockout. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Bet Kovy already has a nice deal signed in the KHL! Probably making 20 mil a season with a house & 4 Mercedes! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Alexander Ovie won't be far behind now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

BB that's how I understood it as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Well, now that contracts can only go 7/8 years and there's a reasonable cap for next season, I guess players are forced to look elsewhere.

What a joke. I can understand this happening in some cases, but so soon after signing such a long deal is really hurtful to an organization.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This hacker is out of control.  First Seguin, now this.  I have a feeling this guy might be writing emails to my ex-girlfriends when I'm drinking later tonight.  Somebody stop him...!

Maybe Kovi does just want to spend more time on Friends, Family, and Faith.  You judging him?!?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

This hacker is out of control.  First Seguin, now this.  I have a feeling this guy might be writing emails to my ex-girlfriends when I'm drinking later tonight.  Somebody stop him...!

Maybe Kovi does just want to spend more time on Friends, Family, and Faith.  You judging him?!?

If that is truly the case, then he is retiring, which someone in that predicament should do. So, why judge him?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

It will be 0.  He's not an over-35, they aren't buying him out.  He's walking away and they are letting him.

This should fall into the Cap Recapture (aka Luongo Rule) category, so he had it right.  $250K each year, for an insane number of years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I doubt he's retiring from hockey altogether. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Lou must be super pee'd off. First he had to make that move and give up the farm. Then signs him to a contract that he couldn't afford. Then had to watch Parise walk because he couldn't afford him due to Kovie's contract. Now he retires.    I wouldn't be surprised if he too retired.              

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

This organization is in serious debt... I had heard somewhere in the neighbourhood of more than $300M... Lou and the boys are popping champagne right now to get from under that contract...
    Talk about winning the Lottery..

Kovalchuk is a great talent, but never seemed to enjoy playing in the NHL , never desired to be the best player.... you never saw the hunger with this guy....   don't worry , some rich KHL team probably already signed him to a nice deal and he could go home and live happily ever after... Good Luck to him... don't come back...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

asmaha - Family, friends and faith.  And chicken, lots of fried chicken.

Should his new team win their championship perhaps he'll refuse to visit the Kremlin.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He will easily get the money in the khl tax free.  Greedy punk.  

Sections
Shortcuts