Dicey Deals:Would you consider...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

Dicey Deals:Would you consider...?

1) David Krejci: Maybe the Bruins most consistent player thus far this season. He has shown his hockey sense and creativity early on and doesnt look like he will be slowing down anytime soon.

Weakness: Inconsistency

Top Destinations:

Chicago Blackhawks

Anaheim Ducks

Edmonton Oilers

Phoenix Coyotes

Minnesota Wild

2) Tyler Seguin: No question the Bruins most offensively skilled player. Has a tremendous shot, quick release, and world-class speed. However, some question his commitment, toughness and the will to compete on a nightly basis. It would be a bold move if the Bruins were to entertain the idea of dealing this young budding star.

Weakness: Maturity 

Top Destinations:

Washington Capitals

Detroit Redwings

St. Louis Blues

Colorado Avalanche

San Jose Sharks

Side note reagrding Washington and their current situation. If your're the GM, would you consider trading your franchise player AO? I am in the minority in this one but it would be something I would personally consider. To add to that thought, what would be your reaction if the Bruins entertain a block-buster deal centering Tyler Seguin? If WSH comes calling, would you answer?...

So, what package would be appealing come trade-deadline for these two players respectfully?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Dicey Deals:Would you consider...?

In response to superj2k10's comment:

So, what package would be appealing come trade-deadline for these two players respectfully?

Krejci, Seguin and next year's first round pick to Carolina for Tim Brent and a 4th.

Do it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Trading Seguin thread? Seriously? Lmao
    A team's number one picks for however many years Seguin is in the league + his all-star appearances... and somehow the rights to landing Gabriel Bourque and Rene Bourque and any other player named Bourque that ever plays in perpetuity.

Wait.. is this a joke thread and I fell for it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

A team's number one picks for however many years Seguin is in the league + his all-star appearances... and somehow the rights to landing Gabriel Bourque and Rene Bourque and any other player named Bourque that ever plays in perpetuity.

Its not a trading "Seguin" thread, for one. Secondly, its more based on what teams are looking for and what would B's fan would accept (if so) as a package in a blockbuster trade for any of these two players. I not once said "Lets trade Seguin". Also, you are telling me you wont trade Seguin for players (Although highly unlikely)  like Toews/Perry/Ovie if there ever was such opportunity? You have no hockey sense if you said no to those. Its a "make-believe" post, just like most posts on this forum.

Another reason why I brought in Seguin's name it's bcz it has already been brought up in Canada concerning his play, someone even called him "Kessel-like" w/o the attitude. Again, never ranted on trading the kid, just creating a situation for fans to think about is all.

Make your own suggestions as you please, but make sure you READ the material first.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

Its not a trading "Seguin" thread, for one. Secondly, its more based on what teams are looking for and what would B's fan would accept (if so) as a package in a blockbuster trade for any of these two players. I not once said "Lets trade Seguin". Also, you are telling me you wont trade Seguin for players (Although highly unlikely)  like Toews/Perry/Ovie if there ever was such opportunity? You have no hockey sense if you said no to those. Its a "make-believe" post, just like most posts on this forum.

Another reason why I brought in Seguin's name it's bcz it has already been brought up in Canada concerning his play, someone even called him "Kessel-like" w/o the attitude. Again, never ranted on trading the kid, just creating a situation for fans to think about is all.

Make your own suggestions as you please, but make sure you READ the material first.

Please provide a link to anyone outside of Sour Grapes (aka.-Toronto, Ont., population-everyone) that called Seguin, "Kessel-like". I live in Canada and have heard nothing of the sort. I watch a fair amount of hockey related programming every day and I've heard no such thing said about Seguin. There's not a GM in hockey that would trade Seguin for Phil Kessel straight up at this point in their careers. Most wouldn't trade Hamilton for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

C'mon now, Dez.  I'm sure there has been at least one person out of 35 million who called Seguin's game "Kessel-like".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

C'mon now, Dez.  I'm sure there has been at least one person out of 35 million who called Seguin's game "Kessel-like".

I guess he did say, "someone" said it. Heck, I guess he could even qualify as someone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Seguin is off the table unless the pkg coming back is earth shattering.  Ive never liked dk so yes i would trade him.  But i dont trade him just to trade him.  Our weakness is 3rd line winger.  If only other teams had our problems.   I said at seasons start we need a quality 3rd line guy and a depth dman. 

Sarich is who id like for the playoff run and has a 2m contract for next year.  Likely means the end of AF though so i dont think that happens.  

As for fwd i like chimera, morrow, hemsky, penner and kovalev.  Kovalev would either be a homerun or a dud.  Something tells me a dud but he can create offense.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Yes, Seguin missed a team breakfast and only has 6 points in 10 games. TRADE HIM! He's so selfish and uncommited to this team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

"I wouldn't say he has in any way reminded me of his rookie self, but he has reminded me...(gag)...of Kessel at times. He keeps trying to wind it up with speed and beat guys one on one, then he gets choked off in the middle of the ice and takes a long wrister that either clangs off a shin pad, misses the net, or is gloved. "

-Bookboy

I'd say that is a completely fair and honest observation. And I think the post suggested involving Seguin's name regarding some type of elite talent like an Ovechkin or a deal that was impossible to ignore. Pretty sure "dicey" was mentioned. Settle down -

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I would not consider trading either.  This team should be looking to add playmakers, not subtract them.

If Shupe is correct, and the #1 need on this team is a third line winger, this is somethign that can be fixed without making major subtractions from your NHL roster.  A second rd pick is sufficient to get you a solid 3rd line winger.  

If Shupe isnt correct, and the #1 need on this team is another sniper to help the PP and give us another true scorer, then again, trading these guys make no sense.  Becaue in this event, we are looking for offense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Krejci, Seguin and next year's first round pick to Carolina for Tim Brent and a 4th.

Do it.

Welcome to the forums superj2k10...don't let the guy with almost 11,000 posts try to make fun of your posts. He doesn't like any trade speculation no matter how 'dicey' the possibilities (as your thread name indicates). Sarcasm he likes.

FWIW, of your two scenarios DK would be the more likely player to move IF Chiarelli is looking improve the team...he seems more expendable and as you said he is playing well right now. But I don't think he is looking and only moved TT to open some cap space if the need arose later.

Always a good idea to "buy low/sell high".

IMO, Seguin is one of PC's untouchables and should be here for a long time.

The only call I'd take from Washington would be regarding Adam Oates as the PP coach. The way Washington is playing, he might become available for that role. But that is a discussion for another thread (lots about the PP out there).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Its a "make-believe" post, just like most posts on this forum.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, how is it not a "trade Seguin" thread? You listed Seguin as a potential trade piece and elaborated on who might want him, forgetting about 20 other teams in the process. To wit, it absolutely is a make-believe post, if Chiarelli entertained taking on Ovechkin's 9.5 million contract/albatross and considered trading a guy who had more points than Ovechkin last year (exchanging a player on the rise with one whose numbers are trending down) I would hope that PC immediately woke up in a cold sweat. Why think about a trade of any of our offensive pieces when our WANT, not NEED is offense? The team is 8-1-1, why talk about entertaining the thought of overhauling the team's success? I just don't get it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

"I wouldn't say he has in any way reminded me of his rookie self, but he has reminded me...(gag)...of Kessel at times. He keeps trying to wind it up with speed and beat guys one on one, then he gets choked off in the middle of the ice and takes a long wrister that either clangs off a shin pad, misses the net, or is gloved. "

-Bookboy

I'd say that is a completely fair and honest observation. And I think the post suggested involving Seguin's name regarding some type of elite talent like an Ovechkin or a deal that was impossible to ignore. Pretty sure "dicey" was mentioned. Settle down -

Quiet down! Adults are talking! I doubt any Canadian media outlets are quoting Bookboy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Do it.

LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Already made my bold prediction and hitting 100%., Pandolfo was signed.

Next step minor league deals to make roster room.

Then Tuuka will get an 3 yr. ext. somewhere between 13 or 15 mill.

PC will wait until deadline to see what link is weakning the chain

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

Already made my bold prediction and hitting 100%., Pandolfo was signed.

Next step minor league deals to make roster room.

Then Tuuka will get an 3 yr. ext. somewhere between 13 or 15 mill.

PC will wait until deadline to see what link is weakning the chain

Wait a second - should this be in the Dicey Deals thread or the Outrageous Predictions thread?

BTW - I can see what you said happening bobo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Lets assume, for the sake of argument (always loved that line) that the B's don't suffer any serious injuries and are healthy come the trade deadline. With that in mind i believe PC will leave the current roster intact. I think the B's management and coaching staff really like Krejci so he won't be going anywhere.Same thing with Seguin, tip of the iceberg with this guy, imo will continue to learn and become a elite player.

With that in mind i think the B's will get what has been mentioned,a winger for the 3rd line that can also play on the 2nd if needed. Come the trade deadline these types of players will be available by the bundle due to the changing cap number and teams getting ready for that and wanting to restructure their team. As a matter of conjecture i think there will likely be some top talent with expiring contracts to be had for not to bad a price (prospects, picks , etc). Bottom line is PC and Neely, Julien like this team the way it is , save for another winger not named Pandolfo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Lets assume, for the sake of argument (always loved that line) that the B's don't suffer any serious injuries and are healthy come the trade deadline. With that in mind i believe PC will leave the current roster intact. I think the B's management and coaching staff really like Krejci so he won't be going anywhere.Same thing with Seguin, tip of the iceberg with this guy, imo will continue to learn and become a elite player.

With that in mind i think the B's will get what has been mentioned,a winger for the 3rd line that can also play on the 2nd if needed. Come the trade deadline these types of players will be available by the bundle due to the changing cap number and teams getting ready for that and wanting to restructure their team. As a matter of conjecture i think there will likely be some top talent with expiring contracts to be had for not to bad a price (prospects, picks , etc). Bottom line is PC and Neely, Julien like this team the way it is , save for another winger not named Pandolfo.

You could probably add a reserve D man or two for good measure at the deadline......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

You could probably add a reserve D man or two for good measure at the deadline......

For sure JM, a team can never have too many and the only one they have is Johnson that isn't playing in Providence. Rather than have a extra d-man on the payroll the B's will again wait till the deadline. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

For sure JM, a team can never have too many and the only one they have is Johnson that isn't playing in Providence. Rather than have a extra d-man on the payroll the B's will again wait till the deadline. 

Agreed. Hopefully one a little more serviceable than Motteau...that guy ws horrible against the caps when he filled in for the immortal Joe Corvo.

Sections
Shortcuts