Did anyone notice Horton last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Did anyone notice Horton last night

Cause I didn't hear his name until half-way through the 3rd period. What is it with this guy? No compete.

Lucic had a great game. Could of scored a few if he was lucky. Krejci had a good one too.

I barely noticed Homisarik on the leafs last night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMightyJulien. Show TheMightyJulien's posts

Re: Did anyone notice Horton last night

i really believe sitting horton for one game would give him a dose of humility and perhaps motivate him to work harder. i like the guy and i dont think he's a bust (yet) but he needs to step it up big time. i'd like to see him at the point on the PP and stick recchi in the slot. also hoping wheeler gets moved with the addition of Kelly, he's a loser.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

This guys is awful. I have felt this way for a while.  Julien is doing the right thing now, in that he limited Horton's minutes significantly and that is why we didn't see much of him last night. But it is like he doesn't even care to respond to losing the minutes, and that is sad.  I try not to have knee jerk reactions on this board, which I think a few posters can attest to, but as a fan...

Get this guys out of town. Want nothing to do with him anymore.  PC, stop paying good money for 'potential' which turns out to be SH*(T.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It is hard to notice someone when he only has 12 minutes of icetime...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Why one of the Bruins most gifted goal scorers is not on a PP unit is just ridiculous.  Recchi playing the point???--- CJ is a below average coach who will never get this team to where it has the talent to go to, and long as he is here the Bruins will continue to under achieve.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Maybe we can trade him back to Florida for Wideman...

Horton is like many snipers..he goes hot for a few games ie like the Montreal game where everything he touched goes into the net..and other times you don't even notice him for long period of time and think he is not playing well.. He is only noticed when he scores ... 

Teams key in on guys like this, what hurts Horton and Lucic and now Krejci is that other teams know that the key to beat the Bruins is to shut down this line because the others will not pose a serious scoring threat... that is why until the Bruins get another prominent goal scorer to compliment him, not much is going to change with Horton..  How many games does Kessel, another sniper type, go without scoring...then he starts popping them in.. the problem with Horton is he started like a house on fire and fans expected him to score 50 ...not going to happen. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: Did anyone notice Horton last night:
    Why one of the Bruins most gifted goal scorers is not on a PP unit is just ridiculous.  Recchi playing the point???--- CJ is a below average coach who will never get this team to where it has the talent to go to, and long as he is here the Bruins will continue to under achieve.
    Posted by JYaso

Took the words right out of my mouth. There are so many legitimate reasons to can CLOD but I'm afraid he is going to stay until the B's make their early playoff exit again. If they make it??????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

For some odd reason I'm still not ready to bail out on this guy. Watched his last year in Fla and the drive was gone. I feel like the effort is there and he's not giving up -- Hoping it's just a slump with a little bad luck on the side.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

I was very excited when the Bruins signed Horton, but so far I am disappointed. If the right trade comes along I won't miss him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

There is a reason why they say it is not only about being talentend to play in the NHL.  Horton has everything to succeed....speed, size and a goood wrister But if you are not strong mentally...you won't make it.  Maybe Horton is weak in that area and gets affected with little things. 

I still hope that i am wrong and that the playoffs will keep him awake but boy oh boy he he so quiet im most games!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Posted by JYaso

not on the PP & played only 12 mins? All this while the Leafs barraged Thornton on the right point all night. 4-5 shifts the leafs kept the puck in using Thorntons defensive point position to work the puck while Thornton looked like a pinball ball.I like Thornton,think hes good for the team,but he had a terrible game & still saw alot of 3rd period ice playing almost as much as Horton.I said last yr give CJ 12 Begins,6 Ferences & he thinks he has a perfect team.CJ gets lost as much as Horton does in some games,go figure. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree...at least put him on the PP to get some confidence back. It is not like he could make the PP look any worse!!! I think he just needs to plat through this, use his size to crash the net, and get some garbage goals....

In Response to Re: Did anyone notice Horton last night : not on the PP & played only 12 mins? All this while the Leafs barraged Thornton on the right point all night. 4-5 shifts the leafs kept the puck in using Thorntons defensive point position to work the puck while Thornton looked like a pinball ball.I like Thornton,think hes good for the team,but he had a terrible game & still saw alot of 3rd period ice playing almost as much as Horton.I said last yr give CJ 12 Begins,6 Ferences & he thinks he has a perfect team.CJ gets lost as much as Horton does in some games,go figure. 
    Posted by pucman

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Did anyone notice Horton last night : not on the PP & played only 12 mins? All this while the Leafs barraged Thornton on the right point all night. 4-5 shifts the leafs kept the puck in using Thorntons defensive point position to work the puck while Thornton looked like a pinball ball.I like Thornton,think hes good for the team,but he had a terrible game & still saw alot of 3rd period ice playing almost as much as Horton.I said last yr give CJ 12 Begins,6 Ferences & he thinks he has a perfect team.CJ gets lost as much as Horton does in some games,go figure. 
    Posted by pucman

2 right on posts =CJ knows nothing about offensive hockey.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Maybe we can trade him back to Florida for Wideman... Horton is like many snipers..he goes hot for a few games ie like the Montreal game where everything he touched goes into the net..and other times you don't even notice him for long period of time and think he is not playing well.. He is only noticed when he scores ...  Teams key in on guys like this, what hurts Horton and Lucic and now Krejci is that other teams know that the key to beat the Bruins is to shut down this line because the others will not pose a serious scoring threat... that is why until the Bruins get another prominent goal scorer to compliment him, not much is going to change with Horton..  How many games does Kessel, another sniper type, go without scoring...then he starts popping them in.. the problem with Horton is he started like a house on fire and fans expected him to score 50 ...not going to happen. 
    Posted by cowboys9

The difference is that I noticed Lucic and Krejci. They had many chances and were buzzing the net. Not Horton.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

How long will the PR dept. use his 5-point night as showing that Horton is "hot"...He is what he is..an inconsistent, completely over-rated forward

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Inconsistent and overrated?  Is this thread about Ryder and Wheeler?

Horton works hard, he has had some bad luck this year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

I was furious when the B's gave up their 1st rounder for him and  now everyone else can see why. I said it then and I'll say it now- Eight yrs in the league and ur heart and compete level r in question. It doesn't just change overnight. My bigger question is why the scouting dept can't see what is obvious to one's own eyes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

As long as he remains a threat, he is threatning to the opposition.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Against the Islanders, I think I noticed one play that may be a perfect example of what is going on with Horton now.

There was a 2-on-1 with Krejčí, and it went exactly as expected with Horton getting the pass.  It was a little off, sure, but he spent so long getting it set and ready that the goalie had time to slide over, have a cup of tea, and get set to make a save.

Far too often, he's spending time trying to make the perfect shot, when the quick shot might be a better option.  Might be time for someone to find a pocket watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

Agreed, too long to release or one to many moves.  He needs to get rid of it quicker.In Response to Re: Did anyone notice Horton last night:
    Against the Islanders, I think I noticed one play that may be a perfect example of what is going on with Horton now. There was a 2-on-1 with Krejčí, and it went exactly as expected with Horton getting the pass.  It was a little off, sure, but he spent so long getting it set and ready that the goalie had time to slide over, have a cup of tea, and get set to make a save. Far too often, he's spending time trying to make the perfect shot, when the quick shot might be a better option.  Might be time for someone to find a pocket watch.
    Posted by DrCC

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes I did and he did well despite not scoring. Say what you want about him the work ethic is there and it is reflected in how well his line does (aka how long they spend in the opposing teams end).

He does, however, get paid to score goals and he eventually will because of the effort he puts in....

By the way a certain team member with the same cap hit (we shall call him Michael Ryder) has a much worse disappearing act which is even more annoying considering he is in a contract year. Yet, many people on this board appear pleased with his play....go figure.

Sections
Shortcuts