Did COL offer BOS Paul Stastny!?!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Did COL offer BOS Paul Stastny!?!?

I was looking more into the E. Johnson trade that recently happened between COL and STL. I was listening to 104.3 "The Fan" (Denver) when i heard someone point out that Stastny is in play and that COL had offered him to BOS for Tuukka Rask and TOR's #1. Now, take it with a grain of salt because i heard the conversatino half-way through, maybe it was a suggestion or an actual statement, who knows.

However, i do find it interesting considering COL is looking to build a solid back-end with better goaltending. They have plenty of young players and i could see why COL would call BOS in regards to Tuukka, if that was ever the case.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: Did COL offer BOS Paul Stastny!?!?

stastny is a great player but he gets payed like one too. its like 19 million for next 3 years not even counting this year. so tukka and that no.1 pick wouldn't be the only players leaving the bruins. chiarelli would probably pass on that one but i could be wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Did COL offer BOS Paul Stastny!?!?:
    stastny is a great player but he gets payed like one too. its like 19 million for next 3 years not even counting this year. so tukka and that no.1 pick wouldn't be the only players leaving the bruins. chiarelli would probably pass on that one but i could be wrong.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

Yeah,Stastny is a good player with a bad contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He'd be like another Krejci with twice the cap hit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Very good player whith a very big cap hit for the next few years. I am not sure another playmaking center is what we need right now. Especially if Savard is intent on making a comeback next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fcukhabs. Show fcukhabs's posts

tuuka and a number 1 with like wheeler at the time could of landed a bigger player

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

tuuka and a number 1 with like wheeler at the time could of landed a bigger player
    Posted by fcukhabs

And when TT gets injured or retires in a couple of years?.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would not give Rask + Toronto's 1st pick ...but I would give Krejci one on one for Stasny ....Dont get me wrong I was a great fan of Krejci and I still like him but since his injury against the Flyers he has never been the same ....I would say he is approx 90% of what he once was....hope its going to turn out like Bergeron who took a few months before getting back to 100% .....but I would take the chance to trade Krejci for Stasny .....COL is asking to much ...I would tell them go fishing else where and if you dont get a bigger fish come back to me ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

No thanx we have enough center men.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

there is no way pc is trading tuuka. the b's don't have anyone else to take over after tt retires.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

there is no way pc is trading tuuka. the b's don't have anyone else to take over after tt retires.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

exactly...just look at the goaltending issues in Providence and it will tell you all you need to know about the state of the B's goalie prospects.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Posted by fcukhabs

still trading Wheeler?...lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Did COL offer BOS Paul Stastny!?!

WHO CARES!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Did COL offer BOS Paul Stastny!?!? : still trading Wheeler?...lol
    Posted by kelvana33

he's so good you can trade him twice, just ask stanley.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

move along, people.  nothing to see here. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

I would not give Rask + Toronto's 1st pick ...but I would give Krejci one on one for Stasny ....Dont get me wrong I was a great fan of Krejci and I still like him but since his injury against the Flyers he has never been the same ....I would say he is approx 90% of what he once was....hope its going to turn out like Bergeron who took a few months before getting back to 100% .....but I would take the chance to trade Krejci for Stasny .....COL is asking to much ...I would tell them go fishing else where and if you dont get a bigger fish come back to me .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

I also think the concussion this year slowed Krejci, he's getting better as it wears off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I have seen no impact of the hand injury.  He's matching his career best season this year in terms of points-per-game.  The real factor was that concussion.  It slowed him down big time and he was tentative.  Now he is back to taking hits to make plays.  If not for that injury this year, he would be having a career year and still might.  There is no way I would sub DK for Stastny, especially with the $$ difference.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No to that trade, but Stastny earns his dough.  Look at what the top players in the NHL make and what they produce and compare.

Yes, $6.6M is no joke, but neither is a guy with 322 NHL games and 312 points.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Very good player and maybe a just a bit overpaid but that's not a deal I would want to see PC make.
    Maybe we can get Yan Stastny back????

Sections
Shortcuts