Did Kaberle Play last night?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Did Kaberle Play last night?

13:20

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Who's this Kaberle character you speak of?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Honestly with the way the top 4 defenseman are all playing (Chara-Siedes-Manchuck-Ference) having your #5 dman be invisible and seemless in transitioning out of the Dzone is about as good as it gets. Compound that with Hnidy barely playing (2:43 all game) Kaberle has been quitely clutch.

His defensive and transition game has been good. Him being invisible at this point while playing 13:20 is a good thing. Much better than him being noticably weak on defense which people thought would be his main knock coming into this bruins team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

When McQuaid returns and obviously gets many more minutes than Hnidy did last night - hopefully next series - Kaberle will need to be stronger as McQuaid's or Boychuk's partner.  If we play in the next round, we won't be able to rely on five defensemen - Kaberle will need to be dependable and smart with the puck, even if he remains invisible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Did Kaberle Play last night?:
    i still like kaberle but i am still not over the fact of what we gave up to get him.. burke knew that chiarelli had a hard on for this guy and completely fleeced us .. i think he is a serviceable defenseman that can move the puck well but does not fit extremely well in this system .. hopefully that will change with each game he's in a bruins uniform...
    Posted by newenglandah

Right now, I wouldn't rush to resign him.  That said, we gave up a heck of lot to simply let him go at season's end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

i still like kaberle but i am still not over the fact of what we gave up to get him.. burke knew that chiarelli had a hard on for this guy and completely fleeced us .. i think he is a serviceable defenseman that can move the puck well but does not fit extremely well in this system .. hopefully that will change with each game he's in a bruins uniform...
    Posted by newenglandah

Hate to agree, but based on his play you would have to say Burke did more than alright.. A first round and Colborne, even though I am not sold on Colborne , was a great return.. Add salt to the wound, if Bruins make the Cup finals, which I think they will... Bruins also have to hand over a conditional 2nd round pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'd hand over the entire draft if the B'S could win a cup this year! don't forget, the B'S do have a top 10 pick this year. that's not going anywhere. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I wasn't a Kaberle fan at first from my impressions watching the Leafs.
    Then when he got here I was impressed to death with the skills he has.
    Now I'm impressed to death with the skills he has and doesn't use.

He walks around guys like I walk past the fruit and vegetable aisles at the grocey score.  But then he stops and looks around for the pass.  Everyone gets a chance to be ready.  Geez Louise at least take a few steps toward the net before dishing off, and shoot just occasionally to keep them honest.

I really hope that they don't resign him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Hated the Kab deal 2 freakin years ago, but
    Kab tho not scoring has played well last few games and is a plus in all 3 fillie games, puck is being moved, but he needs to shoot.

Finally a PP goal, sure it was 5-3, but it still broke the straw that broke the camel's back. Does clod have something, Berg in front with Krej on sideboard with Seid and Z on point instead of Kab.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Picks 24 through 29 (Where Burke will be picking with Boston's pick) since 1999 Martin Havlat, Brad Boyes, Justin Williams, Steve Ott, Alexandra Steen, Mike Richards, Brian Boyle, Corey Perry, Mike Green, Andrew Cogliano, TJ Oshie, Steve Downie, Nick Foligno, Patrik Berglund, David Perron, Tyler Ennis were picked between those slots and they contributing for their teams in the NHL.

If you want you could throw out the last 2 drafts and that would be 16 out of 50 that are contributing. 4 of which are ,you could say are, super studs. Chiarelli gets 3 shots at getting value for Phat Phil and Burke gets 3 shots at getting value for Kaberle. What position is PC picking from compared to where Burke is picking from ?

Math wise Chiarelli edged Brian at Harvard and I wouldn't say it is even or BB has the upper hand PC is getting a #9 pick this summer Burke might get Nick Boynton in Minnesota.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Well the bruins are winning!
    And have a great chance to go to the finals with Kaberle

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Honestly with the way the top 4 defenseman are all playing (Chara-Siedes-Manchuck-Ference) having your #5 dman be invisible and seemless in transitioning out of the Dzone is about as good as it gets. Compound that with Hnidy barely playing (2:43 all game) Kaberle has been quitely clutch. His defensive and transition game has been good. Him being invisible at this point while playing 13:20 is a good thing. Much better than him being noticably weak on defense which people thought would be his main knock coming into this bruins team.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

ILH, I agree completely. The only times I noticed him,he was making a good play. He's moving the puck well and not making any glaring defensive misplays. I was happy with him last night especially since,even though he wasn't in on the scoring,the PP looked great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

His defensive and transition game has been good. Him being invisible at this point while playing 13:20 is a good thing. Much better than him being noticeably weak on defense which people thought would be his main knock coming into this bruins team.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

That way he's been consistent in his own zone not real great but not horrible and if PC is hell bent on resigning him which might happen Peter has negotiating leverage now. Yes in some cases invisible under the radar is not a bad thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I think he has played decent against the Flyers ,not what I expected but he isn't hurting the team[a la Wideman].

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't think he will be resigned by the Bruins and may have a tough time signing anywhere - unless it's at a bargain basement price.

I wonder if Kessel rubbed off on himup there.

Make no mistake this guy has skills.  And make no mistake he's not using them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Posted by newenglandah

He's refused to shoot the puck on the power play and if only he did he'd open things up more. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I can't believe he is this bad--someone get him a grown-up sized stick too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

I have been saying since the trade that this could go down as a worst top ten trade .. .he brings nothing,suppose to be pp but its worse.  the second game he was terrible ,must havehade about 10 giveaways.I was wrong about kelly though

Sections
Shortcuts