Did PC seek out a Swede to help Soderberg along?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Did PC seek out a Swede to help Soderberg along?

Will Eriksson help Soderberg get acclimated to the NHL?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Did PC seek out a Swede to help Soderberg along?

In response to Mutant211's comment:

That has nothing to do why they traded for Eriksson.  If Soderberg becomes a decent player in the NHL it will be on his own play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I had a moment where i wondered if PC went after a swede to help get alfie

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I had a moment where i wondered if PC went after a swede to help get alfie

I thought he get Alfie when he didn't  resign with Ottawa , but very happy with Iginla. That's just my point of view some may disagree 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc2. Show croc2's posts

Let Detroit get ancient.  I'll easily take Iginla over Alfredsson at this point.

It may help a bit to have a Swede on the team, but Yeti has to find his own way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Mutant211's comment:

It certainly can't hurt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I was thinking of cracking "Hey, the team finally has someone Sodderberg can talk with!"

But no... I doubt it even crossed his mind.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I know part of the reaso TT was brought into Provondence was to help with Toivinen, but that's a lot different than bringing someone into the parent club, to help someone who may or may not plan out. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Last time I know of someone brought in a Sweded to resolve an issue, it didn't work out as planned;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4gAZKsL2CU

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Just being able to talk to the Yeti, won't make him play any better in the NHL. We'll find out next season if he can hang with the bigs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Soderberg should play center in the offensive zone, let kelly take the draws. I though he played better against Chicago than he did in the regular season. He needs to stop deffering too much, that drove me crazy. Carl has a good, low heavy shot. Once he pots a couple he will get more confident.

To answer the question of the thread- "No" but it won't hurt having Louie to communicate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Now that Alfredsson signed elsewhere............... maybe this guy to help Soderberg come along ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbs64GvGgPU

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Soderberg should play center in the offensive zone, let kelly take the draws. I though he played better against Chicago than he did in the regular season. He needs to stop deffering too much, that drove me crazy. Carl has a good, low heavy shot. Once he pots a couple he will get more confident.

To answer the question of the thread- "No" but it won't hurt having Louie to communicate.

there is no such thing as center in the offensive zone, except for the faceoff. the only time the position matters is in the defensive zone, and coming out of the defensive zone. in the offensive zone it's just three forwards. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

I like the set up of this team.  Great top 6.  And hopefully Soderberg can become an offensive threat for the third line.  I like the possibility that Eriksson could be a mentor.  Even though it's not necessarily the case.

Trading, Seguin and Peverley.  It hit me again, we should have kept Ryder for those two years.  I won't mention it again.  What's the point?  But especially when we started 2012 with Peverley taking Recchi's place on the second line, and it actually looked pretty good.  Horton injury would have made it difficult anyway.  But the full lineup with Ryder on the third line was great.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]

there is no such thing as center in the offensive zone, except for the faceoff. the only time the position matters is in the defensive zone, and coming out of the defensive zone. in the offensive zone it's just three forwards. 

[/QUOTE]

That's not true at all. Ideally, the center should be the 2nd guy on the puck in all 4 corners.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

Wouldnt Svedberg be up too so there will be three of them?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

No, Soderberg is currently a bottom 6 forward who has shown nothing in the NHL so far. Not exactly the kind of guy who makes you trade your best young player away to make him happy....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

That's not true at all. Ideally, the center should be the 2nd guy on the puck in all 4 corners.

That's why I always prefer to play on the wing!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm going to guess that the B's didn't trade a blue chip prospect (albeit a troubled one) for a first line winger, and take into account his "27 year old with next to no experience who has shown next to nothing" first.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Soderberg and Eriksson log any time together on the Swedish National Team?

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts