Did the better team lose?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Did the better team lose?

IT HAPPENS

I believe they did. I know teams dont like to make excuses and i respect that but the only legit excuses in the game are injuries period. i believe the campbell injury was the difference in the end especially the end of game 6.

It's my opinion Boston was the better playoff team and I'm entitled to it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Re: Did the better team lose?

You are 100% wrong the better team and the consistent one was the Hawks.  Over the course of these playoffs the Bruins performed on the ice in the same inconsistent manner they did during the regular season.  Play when they felt like it and stand around when they felt like it.  Responsiblity? Why Julien, without question!  Where do you think inconsistent play will get you in the playoffs.  Answer!  On the golf course...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Yes, Hawks more consistent. Deserved effort for Cup.

But, when both running on all cylinders Bruins roll over Hawks. No contest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Better team won. Simple as that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I think Chicago better team more consistent anyway,and there key players stepped it up Bruins didn't other than Lucic there scoring well went dry,sad part is they still almost forced a game 7,imagine if the rest had scored some goals,this series could have been a cake walk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

not fair to the Hawks to say that. they won the SERIES, not just one game but a series so they are better

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

A lack of consistency and injuries are what did the Bruins in. Campbell, Bergeron, Horton, Chara ete etc etc. On paper there's not much between the Hawks and Bruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Better team won. Simple as that.

Yep

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

riptide,

Answer these questions:

1) what team was the best team, record wise, during the regular season?

2) what team was the #1 seed going intothe playoffs?

3) what team scored 2 goals in 17 seconds to win a pivotal playoff game?

4) what team won the Stanley Cup Finals in 6 games?

I think the answer to these questions re-affirms who was the better team! But I guess you can still think it is the hometown team if that makes you feel better.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I think the Hawks won largely because of their speed -- and, of course, their skill.  But they were faster as a team than the Bs, and that caused mental as well as physical errors.  Chara's attempted pinch on the Toews goal was an example.  

Still, the Bs could have won if Tukka had been able to get into their heads, but once the line of Kane, Toews and Bickel got back together they had too much cionfidence to let that happen.

Good for Chicago -- a tremendous win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

I love, love, LOVE my B's but going into this I gave the Hawks a slight edge overall, and nothing I saw changed that.  The best team won.  Sucks to go out that way, but no doubt from the beginning of the season until the end...Hawks deserved this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I don't think one team was better than the other.  They were as even as it gets with the exception of some momentum swings.  Only game 3 where the Bs won masterfully and game 5 which the Hawks won outright with a late Bruins surge could I say that one team was better than the other.  All the other game were tied late into the 3rd or OT.  The Hawks got more bounces than the B's in those games.  It wasn't like the Bruins had no chances in any of those other close games when tied.  The Hawks were deserving not better.

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I think the B's had some bad breaks (game 1 and 6 especially) and more severe injuries otherwise they win the series in 6 games.  But as for bad breaks go the Pens had their share against the B's and so did the Leafs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Chicago was a little more consistent but if Bergeron was close to healthy I think the Bruins might have pulled it out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Bostons 4th line was dominating and contributing in every round especially against the Blue shirts and Pens and 4th line center Gregory Campbell was really playing well before he went down. after Campbell went down it seemed the Bruins were down to 3 lines instead of 4 intensity wise. i just dont see the hawks scoring those 2 goals in 17 seconds had the bruins had the 4 line consistency they had in the previous 3 rounds. did the better team win when the Flyers came down from 3-0 against Boston in 2010 or did injuries take a toll on Boston?.........Hmmmmmmmmmm...............it is what it is

Overall the Hawks were better in the regular season and a little deeper than Boston but the thread should have asked Did the better PLAYOFF team lose?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

The Hawks didn't deserve NOTHING. That's bull crap.   They were handed the dam cup. PERIOD !  Graious my as* !  Campbell with a solid leg. Horton with both hands and arms working. And Bergeron without a frig*in hole in his lung and a craked rib. NOOOOOOOO...The Hawks weren't the better team. Only by fortune. And I'm pissed at the last 2 minutes. That hurst the worst. Take your cup and get the hell out of town till next year, if you make it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

The Hawks didn't deserve NOTHING. That's bull crap.   They were handed the dam cup. PERIOD !  Graious my as* !  Campbell with a solid leg. Horton with both hands and arms working. And Bergeron without a frig*in hole in his lung and a craked rib. NOOOOOOOO...The Hawks weren't the better team. Only by fortune. And I'm pissed at the last 2 minutes. That hurst the worst. Take your cup and get the hell out of town till next year, if you make it.

You are right Stuke the Bruins had tougher injuries but Hossa was nowhere near 100% but with Campbell out and Horton hurting, the Bruins couldn't afford to have Bergy at 50%.  In 2011 Boston got the breaks - other than Horton they were healthy - for the Canucks Kesler was hurting, Hamhuis went down, Rome got suspended and Raymond got hurt.  That is why it is so hard to win the Cup - you have to be good, healthy or healthy in comparison and lucky.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bergeron hurt, Horton not the same, Campbell out, Jagr injured in game 6, number of things not going right for B's. Factor in every single bounce play in front of the net going Chicago's way, and you have a Cup champion in Chi-Town. But the BlackHawks had Patrick Kane, and frankly he was the only player who consistently got through the B's line of defense and then scored on top of it. Sharp did a lot of that too, but didn't score as much.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

It would have been a total different series with Gregory Campbell, Horton and Bergeron 100% healthy ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I don't really care for the term, "did the better team lose".  Seems to demean the accomplishment of the winner a bit.  Infers Chicago didn't deserve it.  I think they did, however, I do strongly believe they were very beatable, and I feel more strongly about that after 6 games, than I did before it started.

Don-Bruino nailed it earlier in this thread.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

No the better team won. It's silly to say "well if the Bruins brought the effort each night they're better". Bottom line is when a team wins a 7 gm series they are the better team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcd. Show rmcd's posts

The Bruins were worthy oppnents and with a bounce here and a bit more health there could certainly have won the series. But the bottom line is Kane and Towes stepped up and outplayed Chara/ Seidenberg through games 4-6 and took the Cup.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:

You are 100% wrong the better team and the consistent one was the Hawks.  Over the course of these playoffs the Bruins performed on the ice in the same inconsistent manner they did during the regular season.  Play when they felt like it and stand around when they felt like it.  Responsiblity? Why Julien, without question!  Where do you think inconsistent play will get you in the playoffs.  Answer!  On the golf course...

The better team, possibly no, the team with the biggest heart, YES!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I still think the B's are the better team. If they play the system, they win 9 out of 10. I feel the blackhawks made good of the bounces they got. And they seemed to get more lucky bounces. Games 1 and 6, they got bounces that won those games for them. Those two games should have been won by the B's. But bounces are part of the game and went agains the B's. Its hockey and it happens. I just think the B's are better all around team. Not by much, but better.