Did the better team lose?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Re: Did the better team lose?

The Hawks were one of the best teams of all time this year. They deserved to win the Cup. Part of being a champion is also being physically strong. Injuries are no excuse for not winning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Hawks got all the bounces in this series.

Game four  up 2 games to one at home and score five goals should have been enough

to go up 3-1.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Anyone willing to make the case that "the better team lost" in 2013, must be willing to accept the same argument in 2011.  Did the Canucks' injuries, and their subsequent lack of depth, result in the Bruins' win that year?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:

Anyone willing to make the case that "the better team lost" in 2013, must be willing to accept the same argument in 2011.  Did the Canucks' injuries, and their subsequent lack of depth, result in the Bruins' win that year?  

Lack of grit,toughness,heart and overall willingness to win, were the reasons. Factor in poor goaltending and constant whining and you have the result that occured.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The Canucks scored less in the Finals than Boston scored in one game. Some pundits described it as the Nhl's first 7 game sweep. What a nail biter that was.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'll try to be as open minded as I can.  The first thing I would think about in that evaluation is how many teams did the Canucks sweep or take in 5 games (almost sweep) that year and what was the  quality of those teams?  I would look at their playoff performances since that time.

Regular season is a whole other world so I wouldn't bring that into the conversation.

I think your Canucks will be better in time.  It's not just the talent, but the right mix of talent - or call it chemistry - and I just don't see it there.  Luongo gone is the first step in the right direction.

Back on topic.  Did the better team lose?  No.  I don't think so honestly.  I could say "if" to a lot of things and make an arguement that they were the better team, but as Rudyard Kipling said something like 

"if for all the ifs and buts would come true, every day would be Christmas."

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts