Did the Bruins really traded Blake Wheeler for Pev ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Did the Bruins really traded Blake Wheeler for Pev ??

He hurt us tonight with his 2 goals...OUCH 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: Did the Bruins really traded Blake Wheeler for Pev ??

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Did they? 

YAWN

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Yes, they did. And that teams composition won a Stanley Cup, which they would not have won with Wheeler's poor, soft play at the time.

Thanks for asking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Give it a rest already, would ya? I watch Wheeler more than anyone else on this board and I can say unequivocally you're continuing to overrate him. Is he a good Jet? Yes, reasonably good. Would he be as good a Bruin? No - given our injuries right now he'd be playing on the third and he sure wouldn't have had two goals tonight.

Over the last two years I've watched about 100 Jets games, and you sure can't say the same, so whose evaluation do you think would be more accurate based on observational evidence? Mine or yours?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Also, if I was going to complain about the Bruins giving up a player in that trade, it would be Stuart not Wheeler.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Give it a rest already, would ya? I watch Wheeler more than anyone else on this board and I can say unequivocally you're continuing to overrate him. Is he a good Jet? Yes, reasonably good. Would he be as good a Bruin? No - given our injuries right now he'd be playing on the third and he sure wouldn't have had two goals tonight.

Over the last two years I've watched about 100 Jets games, and you sure can't say the same, so whose evaluation do you think would be more accurate based on observational evidence? Mine or yours?

What is red75s opinion over stanleys for 500 Alex?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Yes we did and we won a Cup for doing so, it was a great deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I will give you one point though Stan - they have moved him a bit more to trigger man this season than the play maker role he had last season, so 18 goals is in striking distance, (on pace for 22 actually) though his assists have dropped off considerably. He's actually dropped off a bit (regressed) in his puck movement, while his finishing has improved.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I will give you one point though Stan - they have moved him a bit more to trigger man this season than the play maker role he had last season, so 18 goals is in striking distance, (on pace for 22 actually) though his assists have dropped off considerably. He's actually dropped off a bit (regressed) in his puck movement, while his finishing has improved.

I always liked Wheeler still do. When I watch him now he seems to have become a more complete player than he was in Boston. That being said you always hate to give a young talented player but that trade was the right move at the right time much like but on a smaller scale when Dallas gave up Nieuwendyk for Iginla. That move helped Dallas win a cup.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Officially reporting Stanley for spamming.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

To the ones saying that the Bruins won the cup with Pev.....BRUINS did not win the cup because of Pev ...but Pev won the cup because he was playing with the B's and the Bruins would have won the cup easier with BW. In the line up ...in 6 against Mtl in 6 against TB and in 6 against the Nucks

I rest  my case

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

To the ones saying that the Bruins won the cup with Pev.....BRUINS did not win the cup because of Pev ...but Pev won the cup because he was playing with the B's and the Bruins would have won the cup easier with BW. In the line up ...in 6 against Mtl in 6 against TB and in 6 against the Nucks

I rest  my case

your case is incredibly stupid. Peverley was a better player than Wheeler was that year. He was also much much cheaper, and much much more versatile. The bruins won the cup because of the 21 players that played in the playoffs. blake wheeler wasn't one of them. you are either a smart troll or a stupid person. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I rest  my case

Liar.  

You'll make the same idiot point a million more times.  Which is why you've lost respect here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

I rest  my case

who did they win the cup because of then? Peverley Kelly and Rider were pretty important during that run. Your also forgetting the player Blake wheeler was in 2011. In a word Terrible! So now 2 years later your going rewrite the trade ? Frauds and seriously were is the Stanley from 2011 and what have u done with his brain?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Not to pile on, but come on!

Blake Wheeler is what he is.  Doesnt use his size enough.  Flashes of finesse.  If he could either find more consistency to his finesse game or start using his size more effectively , then I may consider revisiting the trade.  But , I dont feel like either of these things has happened.

In a sport w/ a low salary cap, you have to look at play vs contract (rather than play in a vacuum).  For the money, Pev has been very valuable and versatile.  You dont find guys for cheap money that can be servicable line 1 wings, line 3 centers, or line 3 wings.

And if you do find such a player (and win a cup w/ him) , you certainly dont regret giving up a player like Blake Wheeler for him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I rest  my case

You have no case.  Nothing in this post is evidence.  Or an argument.  You'd be thrown out of court.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

You have no case.  Nothing in this post is evidence.  Or an argument.  You'd be thrown out of court.

I always thought you had lawyer skills.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He also forgets the timing issues BW had two years ago. Noel has FINALLY drilled into his head what the heck a blueline is, but let's say Wheeler was in the lineup getting decent minutes during the playoffs - how many scoring opportunities or offensive zone faceoffs would he have cost us? I have no concrete evidence that he would of, as it never happened, but I have more anecdotal evidence that it would have been a likelihood than Stanley has for his contention.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

OK OK OK BLAKE WHEELER's case is OVER ....FINAL

I wont mention his name anymore ....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'll believe it when I see it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

• Fletcher1
    • First: 7/14/2008
    • Last: 3/20/2013

Liar.  

You'll make the same idiot point a million more times.  Which is why you've lost respect here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Yes and we won a Cup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Stanley, had Bruins won despite Wheeler scoring his two I doubt you'd have started this thread. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

A few years back the memories of Wheeler and Wideman forever stay fixed in the mind.  Blake forgetting the blueline as Red indicated, Wideman (out) shooting and hitting the glass behind the goalie with 90% of his shots seemingly.  Blake in the corners, excuse me I know Kessel so I avoid hitting.  Wideman falling down skating backwards and accidentally giving the puck to the opponent for a goal.  Please let me forget those days.  

He also forgets the timing issues BW had two years ago. Noel has FINALLY drilled into his head what the heck a blueline is, but let's say Wheeler was in the lineup getting decent minutes during the playoffs - how many scoring opportunities or offensive zone faceoffs would he have cost us? I have no concrete evidence that he would of, as it never happened, but I have more anecdotal evidence that it would have been a likelihood than Stanley has for his contention.

Sections
Shortcuts