Did you know this about Hybrid icing ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Did you know this about Hybrid icing ?

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It hasn't hurt International or European hockey would be my point. I feel it is a waste of time to wait for the defenseman to touch up. It's an expierment and there are some big voices against it (Lou Lam) so we'll see.

That's why they just go to no touch like International or European hockey.  With Hybrid icing there will still be injuries just like my example of the other night . Two guys racing full speed not thinking if the linesman waives it off they must still go to the end boards and get that puck.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]

It hasn't hurt International or European hockey would be my point. I feel it is a waste of time to wait for the defenseman to touch up. It's an expierment and there are some big voices against it (Lou Lam) so we'll see.

That's why they just go to no touch like International or European hockey.  With Hybrid icing there will still be injuries just like my example of the other night . Two guys racing full speed not thinking if the linesman waives it off they must still go to the end boards and get that puck.

[/QUOTE]

Everyone talks about the high quality of Olympic hockey and all I say to that is, of course it is. It's a tournament featuring the world's best players. I'm sure it would still be fantastic hockey if they played with NHL rules instead.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Everyone talks about the high quality of Olympic hockey and all I say to that is, of course it is. It's a tournament featuring the world's best players. I'm sure it would still be fantastic hockey if they played with NHL rules instead.

Yeah, but that's not the point. I'm sure you're aware of it, but I'll help out on the off chance that you are not being your typical full blown deeeebag self.  The point is that Olympic hockey is awesome even though it has no touch icing, so why would NHL hockey take a hit for instituting it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Yeah, but that's not the point. I'm sure you're aware of it, but I'll help out on the off chance that you are not being your typical full blown deeeebag self.  The point is that Olympic hockey is awesome even though it has no touch icing, so why would NHL hockey take a hit for instituting it?

My point is that I prefered the NHL rules as they were and that I don't like the international icing rules. Still being "awesome" doesn't necessarily mean it's the best that it can be. I like NHL playoff style hockey better and there's no right or wrong answer to that. For future reference, if I need your opinion I'll just ask Shupe. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts