Did You See

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Did You See

Did you see the wrist shot Kaberle let go last night from the blue line?  It was about a foot and a half off of the ice.  It made it's way through traffic and ended up on goal. 

That was the first time I've see that all season from a Bruins defeseman.  We've been watching bombs from Chara and slap passes from the others.  We've been seeing shots go intentionally wide.  This was a "please tip me" shot that will be a big difference maker in the future.

ALSO

Did you see Kaberle navigating the blue line on the powerplay?  It was beautiful.  The B's were suddenly open due to his movement and the result was a goal.

For a low first round pick and Colborne?  ROBBERY!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Did You See

In Response to Did You See:
    [QUOTE]Did you see the wrist shot Kaberle let go last night from the blue line?  It was about a foot and a half off of the ice.  It made it's way through traffic and ended up on goal.  That was the first time I've see that all season from a Bruins defeseman.  We've been watching bombs from Chara and slap passes from the others.  We've been seeing shots go intentionally wide.  This was a "please tip me" shot that will be a big difference maker in the future. ALSO Did you see Kaberle navigating the blue line on the powerplay?  It was beautiful.  The B's were suddenly open due to his movement and the result was a goal. For a low first round pick and Colborne?  ROBBERY!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,the PP results weren't immediate but Kaberle created more open looks for the forwards down low.The goals on the pp will come.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

NAS- Kaberle walking the line with his head on a swivel creating passing lanes left and right was just what the doctor ordered.  Also, not seeing Chara handling the puck other than to bomb it was also nice.  I am very optimistic about the potential of this PP with Kaberle, not to mention what Peverley may bring (6 PPG/ 161 shots).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Derek Morris had a similar shot from the point. It's a thing of beauty to watch a shot like that. People think harder is better, but it just means more pain when it hits the players in front, including your own. I'm looking forward to seeing it in every game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

He did look silky smooth.  I am excited to see Peverly get in the lineup too.  All of the sudden the 3rd and 4th lines have some real speed to burn.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

Yeah, not bad for a guy who showed up 20 minutes before game time.

Nice to see Horton participate too. Wonder if all the bodies coming and going made him wake up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Did You See:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, not bad for a guy who showed up 20 minutes before game time. Nice to see Horton participate too. Wonder if all the bodies coming and going made him wake up.
    Posted by FinnsWake[/QUOTE]
    He also had about 8 hours to set up his wrister. But boy when he does get that time he has a beautiful shot. I wish he could get that thing off faster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Did You See:
    [QUOTE]Did you see the wrist shot Kaberle let go last night from the blue line?  It was about a foot and a half off of the ice.  It made it's way through traffic and ended up on goal.  That was the first time I've see that all season from a Bruins defeseman.  We've been watching bombs from Chara and slap passes from the others.  We've been seeing shots go intentionally wide.  This was a "please tip me" shot that will be a big difference maker in the future. ALSO Did you see Kaberle navigating the blue line on the powerplay?  It was beautiful.  The B's were suddenly open due to his movement and the result was a goal. For a low first round pick and Colborne?  ROBBERY!

I hope that the other d take note.  It might be contagious.  I'm already thinking about my pickup games and considering thinking about what I'm doing a lot more.

The wrist shot through the crowd is an option, and it's not that exact option I expect everyone to use, but the general idea of thinking about your options. 

Another aspect of his play.

CALM.

No panic back there, it's business and that is certainly contagious.  Or at least that confidence must have an impact.

Oh yah, add to the 'did you see list'
    The 2 pucks that he kept inside the blue line on the attempted icings
    , it is a HUGE morale boost when you realize 'hey, we got another chance' and then 'hey, we got another another chance'.

Just an impression and no real good basis to say this, but it seemed like:  from everyone else I think I saw a few less passes for the sake of passing and less of the desperate shots that I've seen in the past.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

Krejci should watch Kaberle wrist the puck .Did you see his weak shot from the slot last night my grandson could have shot harder let the goalie get in position to make the EASY save. He did the same thing against T O the other night to tie it waited for the puck to settle down that gave the goalie all the time he needed to get in position for the EASY save RESULT LOSS NO POINTS. Two quick shots more than likely two goals maybe a win against Toronto

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

I also liked the way he is able to keep pucks in at the line, he kept it alive at least 3 times when in the past it would have been out to centre ice and we would have lost 15 -20 sec of PP time.

That was an ability we have not seen since Ray (77) was back on the PP.

Go B's

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

I'm thoroughly disappointed...

...that we have to wait until Tuesday to see another game!

Pre-Kaberle : PP% = 18.1%
    Post-Kaberle : PP% = ??.?%  21? 22?

Looking forward to seeing what it is after game #82.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As noted by so many, he is smooth. What a great improvement, plus it keeps Boychuck on the bench. all of the defensemen can learn from Kaberle. When he moved to center ice on the pp, my thought was "What will Claude say"?? actually, it appeared that Chara was wondering "What's Next"?? First time the PP has had a totally different look, and I'm sure the only COACH comment was," just play your game". The on ice players knew how to respond and move WOW.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

" It was about a foot and a half off of the ice.  It made it's way through traffic and ended up on goal."

All Bruins defenseman should watch this tape for an hour before each game as I've been calling for boston's blueliners to do something with their shots from the point all season.

Fletch, Paverly and Kelly's speed is now going to back defenders off more than any forward on the Bruins except for Seguin breath of fresh air is what it is. This will all be on display on better ice surfaces in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver's fast n furious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

NAS is right......ROBBERY at it's finest! So excited for the next game......Chia is probably smilin like butchers dog right now! I know it's only one game, but man Kaberle looks good in Black & Gold!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Jonathan Girard was unreal at getting the shot on net and low.

Just sayin

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Just saying what?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

//Did you see Kaberle navigating the blue line on the powerplay?  It was beautiful.  The B's were suddenly open due to his movement and the result was a goal.//

I think the key word here is "movement," something the Bruin PP, for the most part, does not possess.  Anything that makes the PP that much more dangerous and effective, I'm with it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Not sure if the deal was robbery, but the deal was excellent in its addressing the gaping hole at the B's blue line and PP.

As everyone has said, his shot, calmness, quick pass out of the zone, navigation of the blue line... the impact was immediate and obvious. Very happy with this choice.  Good job PC, you aren't fired.

I also think TK dished a couple mint passes for Chara to bomb on the fly when normally he would be corralling the pass and thinking too much.  Nice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure if the deal was robbery, but the deal was excellent in its addressing the gaping hole at the B's blue line and PP. As everyone has said, his shot, calmness, quick pass out of the zone, navigation of the blue line... the impact was immediate and obvious. Very happy with this choice.  Good job PC, you aren't fired. I also think TK dished a couple mint passes for Chara to bomb on the fly when normally he would be corralling the pass and thinking too much.  Nice.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

//I also think TK dished a couple mint passes for Chara to bomb on the fly when normally he would be corralling the pass and thinking too much.  Nice.//

SoxFan - Point well taken.  What you saw was exactly how Kaberle assisted Bryan McCabe during his most productive year as a Leaf with 19 goals and 68 points.  McCabe parlayed those numbers into a massive contract from then GM, the departed John Ferguson, Jr. back in '06.  Some joked McCabe owed Kaberle at least half of it. 

Up here folks have always screamed their frustrations at Kaberle for not shooting more as he has an accurate slap and wrist shot but you're right.  His passing is sublime.  I think his skills will serve the Bruins well on the back end. 

Who knows what playing for a contending team will do for him?  Hopefully, he'll feel refreshed and regenerated in Boston as there was talk earlier this year and last season of him wearing down mentally as a consistently losing Leaf.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I was impressed with just how smooth Kaberle's passes were.  As good if not better than Savard pre-concussion.  Always landed flat right on the recipient's stick, ready to shoot, pass, or carry.  Never bouncing or in the skates.  How refreshing.  Much more fluidity to the attack when a player doesn't have to stop and calm the puck down before he can do anything else with it. 

I hope that the fluid passing rubs off on some of the other players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I was impressed with just how smooth Kaberle's passes were.  As good if not better than Savard pre-concussion. 
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

Let's not get ridiculous here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

It's only one game folks... and in the next few weeks we'll play teams who have made no moves which will make it very hard to evaluate just how much better (or worse) the team is now. The playoffs will decide just how good these moves were.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

AgreeIn Response to Re: Did You See:
    [QUOTE]It's only one game folks... and in the next few weeks we'll play teams who have made no moves which will make it very hard to evaluate just how much better (or worse) the team is now. The playoffs will decide just how good these moves were.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but there's no doubting he showed the potential tha has eveyone so excited.  It's interesting that they have a fair amount of practice time for a road trip as well.    There should be no excuses if he fails. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

There will be some who will eventually show their displeasure in his Leaf tendency to be bumped from the puck and periodic display of errant passes when aggressive forwards are in his face. 

Let's hope the positives he brings to the Bruins far outweigh the cons and show why Chiarelli has wanted this player for a couple of years.  He's off to a solid start in a Bruin uniform.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did You See : Let's not get ridiculous here.
    That's not ridiculous at all. Have we seen passing since Savard went out (the Cooke time).

Sections
Shortcuts