Did You See

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Did You See

I know it was only one game, but the fact he helped create so much open ice on the PP had me smiling.

I applaude PC for identifying the team's biggest weakness and addressing it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Did You See:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did You See : That's not ridiculous at all. Have we seen passing since Savard went out (the Cooke time).
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

A few passes in a single game don't translate into such a bold statement as the one referenced.  Let's give him 20 games and re-evaulate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did You See : That's not ridiculous at all. Have we seen passing since Savard went out (the Cooke time).
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

The comment was preconcussion and when Kab puts up 60-70 assists, we can start to talk about his passing in same category as Sav pre-concussion.

I hope he sees all PP time, but keep his PK and even strength against top opposition units to a lesser time scale, he is not a monster in his own end.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

The deal that sent our first rounder and good prospect for a 32 year old UFA was not robbery. Good deal for both teams cannot be robbery.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The deal that sent our first rounder and good prospect for a 32 year old UFA was not robbery. Good deal for both teams cannot be robbery.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Which deal are you referring to?  We're talking about the first round pick and Joe Colborne for Kaberle deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

One thing that I noticed about seeing a game live & on TV is that you don't get to see what's going on behind the play on TV. This is where I finally got to see & appreciate another avenue of Bourque's game. I can't wait to see the samething from TK on Tues, Sat & Sun! Relax- Not making a comparison here! The smart posters know what I'm talking about!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did You See : Which deal are you referring to?  We're talking about the first round pick and Joe Colborne for Kaberle deal.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Why is that everytime somebody creates an excellent thread. Intelligent responses come thru & THEN! One person has to come on here & go WAYYYYYYYYY off into left field & ruin it! Then you end up with 20 other responses trying to find the reasoning of what was said & takes away from the subject all together! IF I have ever done this I deeply apologize, because it's annoying as heck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Kaberle having Adam Oates old number is sort of fitting. He is like an Oates navigating from center of the blueline. He is very calm and definitely moves the puck quickly from point to front of goal. He is a missing link..I hope it results in the forwards getting prime scoring attempts on the PP.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure if the deal was robbery, but the deal was excellent in its addressing the gaping hole at the B's blue line and PP. As everyone has said, his shot, calmness, quick pass out of the zone, navigation of the blue line... the impact was immediate and obvious. Very happy with this choice.  Good job PC, you aren't fired. I also think TK dished a couple mint passes for Chara to bomb on the fly when normally he would be corralling the pass and thinking too much.  Nice.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I'm with you this time.  Robbery ? If he doesn't sign we gave up too much.

On another note I was at the game Friday night and he's as smooth as they get.  He was doing well on a bad Leafs team, his point per game production will only get better on a Bruins team.

Many Sens fans (and I have to say the friendliest fans I've met as a visitor)
    had high praises for Kelly.  They said we're going to love him !
    I'm thinking about going to the game on March 1st to see the Bruins game in Ottawa. Wonderful experience and great arena.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did You See : I'm with you this time.  Robbery ? If he doesn't sign we gave up too much. On another note I was at the game Friday night and he's as smooth as they get.  He was doing well on a bad Leafs team, his point per game production will only get better on a Bruins team. Many Sens fans (and I have to say the friendliest fans I've met as a visitor) had high praises for Kelly.  They said we're going to love him ! I'm thinking about going to the game on March 1st to see the Bruins game in Ottawa. Wonderful experience and great arena.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I'm with you also B's Legion. 

There were posters telling bruins8 that the deal for Kessel should and could not be judged until years down the road. This is the proper way to analyze a trade that involves picks and prospects.

Now for basically the same deal ( picks and a prospect going the other way ) the Bruins are bandits ? This deal should be judged in the same manner as the Kessel deal. Years down the road, not after one game !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did You See : I'm with you also B's Legion.  There were posters telling bruins8 that the deal for Kessel should and could not be judged until years down the road. This is the proper way to analyze a trade that involves picks and prospects. Now for basically the same deal ( picks and a prospect going the other way ) the Bruins are bandits ? This deal should be judged in the same manner as the Kessel deal. Years down the road, not after one game !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

you are right, let's not be hypocrits here.

That said, if we win the cup this year then we can confidently say it was worth it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm seeing every indicator that Tomas wants to stay in Boston in his on ice interview with Naoko befor the Ottawa game "I had no intention of re-signing with Toronto", Specifically named Boston when Burke asked for a list of teams he would like to be traded to and  knows this team will good for years and Bob McKenzie pretty much said the same thing.

Does it guarantee he will sign here ? No but the usual kiss of death is all you here from he player is "Me and my agent will talk about it but I am going to test the market" comments like Gonchar in 2004. PC has a good track record of keeping free agents.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did You See : I'm with you also B's Legion.  There were posters telling bruins8 that the deal for Kessel should and could not be judged until years down the road. This is the proper way to analyze a trade that involves picks and prospects. Now for basically the same deal ( picks and a prospect going the other way ) the Bruins are bandits ? This deal should be judged in the same manner as the Kessel deal. Years down the road, not after one game !
    I think a big difference in the 2 deals is that PC addressed an immediate need whereas Burke soley addressed his need to be in the spotlight.To sum it up,Boston just got better immediately with the TK deal.Did the Leafs improve(yet)by making the PK deal?You are correct though in you're assumption that we won't know the true value of this deal for a few years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'm seeing every indicator that Tomas wants to stay in Boston in his on ice interview with Naoko befor the Ottawa game "I had no intention of re-signing with Toronto", Specifically named Boston when Burke asked for a list of teams he would like to be traded to and  knows this team will good for years and Bob McKenzie pretty much said the same thing. Does it guarantee he will sign here ? No but the usual kiss of death is all you here from he player is "Me and my agent will talk about it but I am going to test the market" comments like Gonchar in 2004. PC has a good track record of keeping free agents.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Should we be surprised that Kaberle is essentially refuting Burkes' description of how things took place?The way Burke described it made it sound like TK was begging him to stay.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did You See : Should we be surprised that Kaberle is essentially refuting Burkes' description of how things took place?The way Burke described it made it sound like TK was begging him to stay.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Exactly, dez.  Since his name came up in trade talks two years ago, Kaberle has stated publically he wanted to stay a Leaf but acknowledged trades are part of the business.  Word up here was quite contrary to what Burke's been spinning. 

According to Howard Berger, the beat reporter for THE FAN 590, for some reason, Wilson didn't take a shine to Kaberle.  I can't remember all the details, at present but I think earlier in the year, even Kaberle's father got himself involved in the situation with the coach and his son. 

If you factor that in with him knowing his name was in play for a couple of seasons, it hardly constitutes the notion of Kaberle asking for an extention as "Buffalo" Burke stated last Friday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Have you come back to finally own up to this thread?

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ab95ec70d-a8fb-47e2-833b-7bf6b7a35997&plckCurrentPage=5

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

he did have a slow start....knocked down and pushed off the puck in the first 6 or 8 minutes, then he got his legs and looked like an experienced nhl vet. everyone here is mentioning the pp (and rightfully so!), but my biggest impression from that game was how easily he gets the puck started up ice. on the tape-at the right pace-in stride-to the right guyPERIOD! i never fully understood or appreciated what a valuable asset a PMD is, the last guy i remember to move the puck on d like that for the b's is the one and only raymond bourke. don't get me wrong- he IS NOT ray, but that ease on the puck..... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]he did have a slow start....knocked down and pushed off the puck in the first 6 or 8 minutes, then he got his legs and looked like an experienced nhl vet. everyone here is mentioning the pp (and rightfully so!), but my biggest impression from that game was how easily he gets the puck started up ice. on the tape-at the right pace-in stride-to the right guyPERIOD! i never fully understood or appreciated what a valuable asset a PMD is, the last guy i remember to move the puck on d like that for the b's is the one and only raymond bourke. don't get me wrong- he IS NOT ray, but that ease on the puck..... 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

bourke wasn't as good as ore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]he did have a slow start....knocked down and pushed off the puck in the first 6 or 8 minutes, then he got his legs and looked like an experienced nhl vet. everyone here is mentioning the pp (and rightfully so!), but my biggest impression from that game was how easily he gets the puck started up ice. on the tape-at the right pace-in stride-to the right guyPERIOD! i never fully understood or appreciated what a valuable asset a PMD is, the last guy i remember to move the puck on d like that for the b's is the one and only raymond bourke. don't get me wrong- he IS NOT ray, but that ease on the puck..... 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Hee-a-dibba-dee Schwee-a-flibba-me Kee-don-a-fee-don-a-tee:

Bourke Bourke Bourke!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did You See : bourke wasn't as good as ore.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

You guys are kdding,  right ?  Bourque maybe ?

EDIT: Goodnews my remark should only be for the poster above you . Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did You See : You guys are kdding,  right ?  Bourque maybe ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Goodnews is totally joking.  The guy before him?  I don't think so.  Normally I let misspellings go, but when you're discussing the Bruins with Bruins fans, know how to spell the name of one of the greatest Bruins ever.