Difference between Bs and Pens tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyV219. Show JohnnyV219's posts

Re: Difference between Bs and Pens tonight

Overall it was a down game for almost everyone..And Im with clamman, Bergy not in the lineup is huge..Peverly and Marchand had solid games and TT kept them in it, but have to agree the last goal was a softy IMO..Lucky to come out with a point after the way they played..props to Pitt for taking it to the B's. lets just hope this isnt the start of a trend..On to MTL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Stringer, good call.. thomas failed to steal a game (again) was certainly not the weak link tonight.. Failed to capitalize on chance, bad decision making by the D.. Looked to me like the bruins came out thinking they were going to walk all over a decimated pens team, and just take the game to them offensively.. Took some chances on doing so they might not take  in normal situations, cost themselves the game.
    Fleury played great, but thomas played extremely well, the pens had more quality chances in my opinion..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Bergy was the main difference tonite...it's usually not a good thing when lines get shuffled...TT was fine...relax everyone, Pens played better tonite and the B's fell flat..it happens. Was everyone expecting to win out the rest of the regular season?...they had a great run and now it's time to start another run...no biggie...at least we salvaged a point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Difference between Bs and Pens tonight:
    [QUOTE]Stringer, good call.. thomas failed to steal a game (again) was certainly not the weak link tonight.. Failed to capitalize on chance, bad decision making by the D.. Looked to me like the bruins came out thinking they were going to walk all over a decimated pens team, and just take the game to them offensively.. Took some chances on doing so they might not take  in normal situations, cost themselves the game. Fleury played great, but thomas played extremely well, the pens had more quality chances in my opinion..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that Thomas!  Failing to steal a game again!  They should trade him for a seventh round pick and call up Dany Sabourin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Pitts is more of a team like Carolina now depending on hard work and a dominant goalie.  They can hang with anyone.  The excuse we didnt have Bergie is weak.  They have 6 regulars which includes 2 franchise players, Kuntiz(top line winger) and one of the best shutdown dmen in the league.

Pitt played great and we had an off night.  When a team skates and works as hard as Pitt did you have to match it.  We didnt and we lost.  This is my big fear in the playoffs.  As I have stated we have a hard time putting teams away in the past and even ths year.  2-1 3-2 games can go either direction in the playoffs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

without TT this game would have been a lot worse. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Things bruins fans should actually be worried about.. The bruins are 1-11 in home games on friday/saturday night (this was discussed on the radio, I have not actually confirmed it)..

If that is true, it might be time for neely to start renting hotels for home games on the weekends like the pats of done in the past..

All in all, great physical effort by the bruins, lousy chemistry, lack of finish, bad decisions by the D..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

The Bruins got outskated by the Penguins for most of the night it looked like Pittsburgh wanted the game more. I give the Bruins credit for hanging in there finding a way to tie the game up with the goalie pulled but give the Penguins credit they have solid goaltending and a strong defensive core even without Crosby and Malkin they are going to be a tough out for anyone in the East. It's time to get ready for the Canadiens on Tuesday night and start a new winning streak. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Difference between Bs and Pens tonight : Yeah, that Thomas!  Failing to steal a game again!  They should trade him for a seventh round pick and call up Dany Sabourin.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

i don't think they should trade tt. however, they should go get a 3rd goalie to be backup.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

My apologies for not keeping up with my own post, I left relatively early last night...and I didn't expect the mileage this thread was going to receive.

But I want to clarify a few points:

1. First and foremost, I am not a TT basher and have supported him since he got here even during his (injury induced) sub par year last year. I believe in the  current goalie tandem and the B's should probably run the schedule 60/40 in favour of TT.

2. While I agree with the majority of observers that the Pens out hustled the Bruins for about 40min last night, both teams traded quality scoring chances and odd man rushes.

However, I still feel that the reason that the B's lost the game were the result of Timmy NOT making the biggest saves when he really needed to. Fleury always seemed to find the puck when necessary (except on Chara's goal) and held the B's at bay when they DID get their chances.

Now, the man is not superman and is subject to an off game (the team were off a little too) but I think if you ask Thomas, he'll admit he wanted the last two goals back.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Difference between Bs and Pens tonight : i don't think they should trade tt. however, they should go get a 3rd goalie to be backup.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

They did. My boy Khudobin.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Difference between Bs and Pens tonight : They did. My boy Khudobin.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Has anyone seen him play?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]Disagree- all 3 of those goals were legit. All 3 came from turnovers or odd-man rushes. Can't blame the tender for that.  Pitt also had 39 shots= a lot! Biggest difference was the relentless forecheck of the Pens and how they were able to keep the puck in Boston's end most of the night.  The Pens played much stronger than i expected without Sid and Mal.
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]
     You have it exactly right. It wasn't the goaltending that cost the Bruins the victory. The Penguins forechecking pressured the defense and the defense was constantly turning the puck over. Boychuk and McQuaid make dumb passes under pressure and Seidenberg's error was the last awful play of the night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Trouts..
    I don't think Mcquaid belongs in that pairing at all.. He has been solid, and he has been smart.. He is getting by based good play right now.. Seidenberg and boychuk were directly responsible for 2 goals last night..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]Trouts.. I don't think Mcquaid belongs in that pairing at all.. He has been solid, and he has been smart.. He is getting by based good play right now.. Seidenberg and boychuk were directly responsible for 2 goals last night..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/Q

I couldn't agree with Trouts more.  McQuaid and Boychuk are the weak links of this team.  Specifically-neither of them have very good hands.  I don't think they are terrible: both are big, physical and do have some upside.  However, they have very poor hands.  If you watch them play the puck, they need an extra moment or two when making a pass.

I'm not giving up on these two for the rest of the season, but they are the bottom 2 on the defensive depth chart.  Kampfer struggles with the physical play but has exceptional speed and good hands.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]The difference was probably BERGERON.  He is the center of gravity and essential cog that makes the team work.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

ClamMan ,  if Bergeron was the reason why the Bruins could not get it going they're in trouble.  Poor excuse.
    This means the Bruins do not enough depth that if they lose on of their top centers for the playoffs they're cooked ?  Really ?  Just like Krejci going out last season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

If we use that logic- the B's will be in trouble playoff time when Bergy and Crosby are both healthy.