Ding Ding! We Have A Showcase Winner!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ding Ding! We Have A Showcase Winner!

Congrats to BobbyOrr'sGoat for winning this year's "Who's going to be the first to suggest a player is being showcased for a trade" contest!

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Last 3 games Ham 1g3a and continued reduced time, either CJ is trying to showcase Fer for trade or he is trying to slow downDougie, must be a huge bonus for Rookie of the year.

Maybe they can showcase him and Krug in a trade for Iggy, Glencrossy and Calgary's next two first round picks?

And then they can trade for Alfie, get him in Boston, showcase him, sign and trade him to Anaheim for Perryzy and Getzy.

They then can trade Camara-ie, Getzy and Calgary's 2014 pick to Pittsburgh for Malkie...you know...because Pittsburgh needs the depth.

But wait!  That's a bad deal because I don't want to see the Bruins trade Camara-ie.  Cancel that.  Tell Malkie the deal is off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Ding Ding! We Have A Showcase Winner!

FAIL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

FAIL!

Hate to agree with the NASty boy, but I'm with him on this.

Discussing fantasy trades is something I just can't get my head around.

To me it's like discussing who would win in a fight among comic book super heros.

Batman v. Spiderman?  Mighty Mouse v. Superman?  Wonder Dog v Dudley Do Right?

Disclaimer.  The use of the name "Dudley Do Right" is in no way shape or form intended to be a dig at the RCMP.  I can't help it if they are all in a bad mood because they could never get Snidely Whiplash to ever do any serious time in maximum security and are sensitive about it.  I have to point out that it's pretty hard to miss Snidely, after all, how many people do you see wearing a cape and a handlebar mustache?  How the heck can he be terrorizing so many Canadians all of this time and get away with it?

Sorry.  I digress. this has nothing to do with hockey and is just fantasy and foolishness.  No wait. It pretty much is exactly like these fantasy trade talks.  Except funnier, more interesting and more probable than Alfredsson for Caron, Bourque and a 2nd round pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

FAIL!

I agree, SanDog.  There is no evidence that I can recall of any player ever receiving the "showcase" treatment in this regime (or others for that matter).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Oh, C'mon Nasy, Goatzie has a point, CJ is trying to keep Hamilton, errrr, Hammy from earning that big rookie bonus..(Are they even allowed in rookie contracts??)

I'm of the mindset i kind of don't like to refer to people by their nicknames unless I know them, but hey, to each their own I guess. I remember how awkward it was when a FOX reporter was interviewing Derek Jeter after  WS win and kept referring to him as "Jeets"...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Awwww jeeeez for my acceptance speech, I would like to thank, the twit of all twitts(please insert a) NAS the greatest of all posts and posters.

Geez does that mean I win the name calling, oh for another acceptance speech I will have to work on it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Agree NAS knows his stuff. u can't get a fastball by him. Let the Fantasy trade talk begin.( show casing) u mean we can't trade Chris Bourque and get 2 front line players. Have a good night everybody

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Awwww jeeeez for my acceptance speech, I would like to thank, the twit of all twitts(please insert a) NAS the greatest of all posts and posters.

Geez does that mean I win the name calling, oh for another acceptance speech I will have to work on it.

They like me!!!  They really do!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The good thing for all of us GOAT is, I-always-have-to-be-right-or-I-sulk-unless-I-get-my-way will, once again, grace BDC with a "protest of absence" around the trade deadline. Well becuase trades are beneath him.

What else is even more comical is Ye Ol Crumedgen has followers on here who try to post like him, respond like him and hinge one his every post, Sad actually.

Keep up the great posts GOAT! Anyway you can annoy him...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

San, I guess he wanted to go to San Antonio for Hamill and did not like the fact that Cooke might be welcomed here more than him.lol

Some people get the joke, some people laugh at the joke and some people are the joke. We know which he is most of the time.  Sure miss his old girl Duinne.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Congrats to BobbyOrr'sGoat for winning this year's "Who's going to be the first to suggest a player is being showcased for a trade" contest!

Last 3 games Ham 1g3a and continued reduced time, either CJ is trying to showcase Fer for trade or he is trying to slow downDougie, must be a huge bonus for Rookie of the year.

Maybe they can showcase him and Krug in a trade for Iggy, Glencrossy and Calgary's next two first round picks?

And then they can trade for Alfie, get him in Boston, showcase him, sign and trade him to Anaheim for Perryzy and Getzy.

They then can trade Camara-ie, Getzy and Calgary's 2014 pick to Pittsburgh for Malkie...you know...because Pittsburgh needs the depth.

But wait!  That's a bad deal because I don't want to see the Bruins trade Camara-ie.  Cancel that.  Tell Malkie the deal is off.

Do you always have to be such a Knob?  Would it not have been easier to point out that Hamilton puck chased and got out of position on the second Tampa goal so CJ stapled his buttox to the bench except for the PP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I like your posts and your "Maritime vocabulary" that only Dez, Shupe or Nite can only truly read.  I'm catchin' up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

Do you always have to be such a Knob?  Would it not have been easier to point out that Hamilton puck chased and got out of position on the second Tampa goal so CJ stapled his buttox to the bench except for the PP.

Obviously you don't get it.  This isn't about Hamilton.  It's about the fact that every year, dopes come up with crazy ideas for trades, and many of them include calling up players to "showcase" them for movement.

The only problem with the theory is Chiarelli has never done it.

Any player that gets called up from Providence within a month of the trade deadline, or any player that receives extra ice time (regardless of current play) will be posted about as being showcased for trade.

But those trades never happen.

It's dumb.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Dougie 16 shifts in game, 9 up to the 2nd goal at 9:00 of 2nd period 7 after including at 10:40 of second.   None were on the PP, only PP Bos got was when the game was over.  He was on the ice for 5 goals including 2 assists.  

Fer was on for 1 goal, where he coughed up puck to St.Louis for a breakaway that Rask stops, he whacks it up to Berg, to Seg, shot blocked March shoots scores.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

There is a huge bonus for whichever rookie wins the calder?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

Lame Thread!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Obviously you don't get it.  This isn't about Hamilton.  It's about the fact that every year, dopes come up with crazy ideas for trades, and many of them include calling up players to "showcase" them for movement.

Any player that gets called up from Providence within a month of the trade deadline, or any player that receives extra ice time (regardless of current play) will be posted about as being showcased for trade.

It's dumb.

I haven't won the name callin' yet so here goes. Speakin of bein a dope, if you are goin to spew your shiite like you are so prone to do, get it right.  Gettin' it right, isn't that what you tout yourself for.  I am pretty sure Fer is on the team and has been since 2007, so I guess he is not the callup to be SHOWCASED.

What a freakin' dolt and a dope to boot!

Just get over yourself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to KWPatsFan's comment:

Lame Thread!

You're a Pats fan.  Shouldn't you be somewhere else, discussing yet another great regular season and yet another post season failure?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:  There is no evidence that I can recall of any player ever receiving the "showcase" treatment in this regime (or others for that matter). [/QUOTE]

If I said that Washinton Capitals scouts were in the stands for all the games Hamill played last year, you would disagree with me, tell me to prove it and say "that is silly" to fit your argument.

That's the real meaning of this thread "I'm right, you are wrong". There are some other thoughts, that could be typed, about someone who- drops what they are doing on a Friday night to start a thread about another poster who they disagree with.

Just stay off the threads you don't care for, that's all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's the real meaning of this thread "I'm right, you are wrong".

Nope.  It's about the incredibly stupid notions that fans get and honestly believe and discuss.  People who believe that a player is getting ice time in order to pump their trade value (showcasing) are the same fools who truly believe Jarome Iginla is a trade possibility.  And that's just stupid.

But, you know, thanks for trying to analyze the true meaning of my thoughts.  I had an interesting dream last night.  If I post about it, can you tell me what it means?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Where is the hockey discussions. Nothing objetive in slamming NAS comments. We all could see that Dougie had a less than stellar night, so it's a good thing that Chara and Seids regained some of their usual capabilities. Still wondering when Ference will be replaced, and why Thornton is still playing and dragging down his "Merlot" linemates.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

It's dumb.

not only that, i don't think any NHL GM does that. showcasing players for trade is something that happens pretty much only in the MLB. There aren't really minor leagues in the NFL and the NBA, and I'm pretty much of the opinion that what a player does in his first NHL stint when he's not ready to break camp with a team and spend the rest of his career in the NHL means nothing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That's the real meaning of this thread "I'm right, you are wrong".

But, you know, thanks for trying to analyze the true meaning of my thoughts.  I had an interesting dream last night.  If I post about it, can you tell me what it means?

How to do a better job of sweeping up in front of your three decker...  

Prove to me that Washington scouts were not at the games Hamill played in Boston.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

posted at 2/24/2013 9:28 AM EST

Not-A-Shot
        First: 12/30/2009
        Last: 3/23/2013

"But now scoring depth projects a higher line of player than a third- or fourth-line player," he said."

Ahh yes he did

"The B's third line players are second line players elsewhere."

What a hypocrite!

Sections
Shortcuts