Dion Phanuef

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Dion Phanuef

Sorry if I misspelled his name, but I have to applaud him for his play on Nathan Horton, seconds before Krejci scored in overtime......It could have been so easy for DP to throw an elbow and take Horton out....I give kudos to DP for not being cheap on the play. If DP had hit Horton with an elbow, that would most likely put Horton out of the playoffs, do to his history with concussions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Dion Phanuef

wtf?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, I saw that when they showed the replay.  It looked to me a bit like Horton saw his life (or Marc Savard's) flash before his eyes and that's why he flopped so hard after the hit, but Phaneuf's upper arm goes just by Horton's head.  If he gets the elbow out even a little, I think we're a lot more subdued in our celebration of that victory.

But yeah, wtf?  We're now going out of our way to congratulate a guy for not being a cheapshot d-bag?  Sad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

It's kind of sad that you feel a player needs to be applauded for playing by the rules. BTW he lunged at Horton in his desire to lay the big hit causing him to be out of position to stop the rush that resulted the game winning goal.

I'd like to applaud him for being a dope.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

Sorry if I misspelled his name, but I have to applaud him for his play on Nathan Horton, seconds before Krejci scored in overtime......It could have been so easy for DP to throw an elbow and take Horton out....I give kudos to DP for not being cheap on the play. If DP had hit Horton with an elbow, that would most likely put Horton out of the playoffs, do to his history with concussions.

You're right.  He should be further applauded for not hitting him over the head with his stick or kicking him.

Dion could have taken out a concealed object from his wrestling tights and maced Horton or worse.

Dion could also have shot him outside his hotel.

We don't give professional athletes enough credit for not being cannibals, either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Yes, I would like to applaud Phaneuf also.

Giving up the chance to get suspended ( I'd rather he played ) and also turn the series in favour towards the Bruins on the same play is thought of highly by this Bruins fan. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Nice of Pylon not to go for the desperate cheapie when he realized his pinch might have been a bad idea. Dumb play in OT for sure. Puck first, body second. I'm sure he heard the voice of every coach he's ever had in his head right after the play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

"THANK YOU DION" ~  will be the chant for Game 5

Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ouch. Of course he played within the rules, but its reactionary to throw your arms up in plays like that. Look at Ference. He wasnt even looking at grabovski when he got his elbow up. Its just reactionary for guys to protect themselves and throw their arms up sometimes.

Say what you want, it was a smart play by DP by not making another mistake for his pinch...Everyone else should be thankful too. Horton did see his life and playoffs flash before his eyes. He knew darn well it could have been worse.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

It certainly could of been worse, i think horton made a great play to move the puck and then miss alot DP"s check.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Yeah, I saw that when they showed the replay.  It looked to me a bit like Horton saw his life (or Marc Savard's) flash before his eyes and that's why he flopped so hard after the hit, but Phaneuf's upper arm goes just by Horton's head.  If he gets the elbow out even a little, I think we're a lot more subdued in our celebration of that victory.

But yeah, wtf?  We're now going out of our way to congratulate a guy for not being a cheapshot d-bag?  Sad.

I initially thought Horton was hit in the head when watching it in real time. Thought he was done for.

Luckily it did not happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Yes, I would like to applaud Phaneuf also.

Giving up the chance to get suspended ( I'd rather he played )

Perfect!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

DP does make some stupid moves, glad he missed Horton; let Kreji take over and score the winner. Game did show how this tempo really uses all the strength in all of the players. Chara and Seidenberg's training really paid off as they continued to play. Claude is committed, by keying Chara on Kessel, to confusion and potential goals, as we saw when confusion gave Toronto thier 3rd goal. Don't have a good answer, but Bartkowski could be a better alternative for Ference or McQ.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hty239. Show hty239's posts

This could be the dumbest post in these forums...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to hty239's comment:

Ya so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'd like to thank Dion Phaneuf for being a below average hockey player and being out of position so 46 could score the winning goal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Idiot post

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Horton is okay though?  I was worried he hurt his wrist on the fall.  I know he's had wrist issues since the Iginla fight.  I think he's okay, but I'm looking for 100% assurance

(intentional, but subtle, thread hijack)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hty239's comment:

Oh man, not even close.

Keep an eye out for "Kelvana".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

YEs he missed the head thankfully, but the hit was knee on knee. Are we sure Horton is OK?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Are you freaking kidding me? He TRIED to take His head off! He just didn't connect. And then, A GAME WINNING GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to jozee76's comment:

Are you freaking kidding me? He TRIED to take His head off! He just didn't connect. And then, A GAME WINNING GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, NO....If he wanted to take his head off, he would have extended his elbow. When you watch it again he pulls his Left arm in.

Anyway. Sorry for the dumb post. When I posted it, I was thinking more about what could have been for Horton, but wrote the post praising DP for not taking Horton out of the playoffs.

Next time I'll spin it to make the Bruins player look like he avoided injury by skillfully getting out of the way in the nick of time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

YEs he missed the head thankfully, but the hit was knee on knee. Are we sure Horton is OK?

no it wasn't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Bgrif008. This is a funny thread. No need to apologize.

Sections
Shortcuts