Dirty Hit by Max Lapierre on Dan Boyle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Dirty Hit by Max Lapierre on Dan Boyle

This is dirty, reckless and dangerous.  Hate to see any player go off the ice like this.  If Kaleta got 10, what does Lapierre get for this one?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/118623

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Dirty Hit by Max Lapierre on Dan Boyle

Any idea if he is officailly a repeat offender?  With the apparent escalation of suspensions, I would think "very, very many" is a good start.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think he has only been suspended once but this hit is worse than Kaleta's IMO....5-10 games should do it.  If he were a multiple offendor it would be 10 plus.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=520325

2010 so Lapierre is past the 18 months were he would have had additional games added automativally I believe.

At least the refs did their job and tossed Lapierre. Boyle did not turn at the last second so Maxim can't squirm out of it with excuses. Right between the numbers, drove Boyle's chin right into the boards. Reminded me of Hartnell's hit on Alberts a few years ago.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=686935&navid=nhl:topheads

And oh darn Max Pac will be massaging his groin at the movies later this week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I saw a small portion of Hockey Central tonight in which it was suggested although Lapierre's got a dubious rep, the hit might have been in retaliation for Brendan Morrow being ploughed into the boards earlier in the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I saw a small portion of Hockey Central tonight in which it was suggested although Lapierre's got a dubious rep, the hit might have been in retaliation for Brendan Morrow being ploughed into the boards earlier in the game.

I thought the Morrow hit came after?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Awful hit.  Throw the book at him.  Still a Canuck at heart...  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Why did Boyle go down not the other way around. Lapierre is an idiot and Boyle the none idiot goes down that is what really stinks when this happens.

Hockey use to be a tough sport now it is getting to be more cheap shots, non justify redemption hits and dirty moves. Time to delete the instigator penalty and  also take a look at automatic icing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Don't know if it was really malicious...he just kind of bumped him, but he definitely has to realize the vulnerable position that Boyle was in. I hate Lapierre, and I'd love just about any scenario where they threw the book at him, but I would expect less than 5 games here due to a lack of blatant aggression.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

TheGuy, I have to disagree with you there. I saw it live and Lapierre deliberately shoves him from behind into the boards. If that's not dirty/malicious I don't know what is. He wasn't trying to rub him out, he was going for a big hit. This was not a hockey play that went wrong. There's no place in hockey for stuff like that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

, but he definitely has to realize the vulnerable position that Boyle was in.

That's why I think Shanahammer should throw the book at him. I do understand your point and of course your hatred.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't see it as all that bad intent-wise.  It's not a clean out crash in my view, but more of a shovel that ended badly.  Yeah, he shouldn't be pushing a guy from behind that close to the boards, but Boyle loses his footing a bit as it's happening as well.  If Boyle keeps his feet, I think it would be two for boarding.

Listen, I hate that deeeee as much as anyone here, but this is no Ruutu on Tucker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I agree that it isn't a s bad as the Ruutu one, or Hartnell-Alberts, or Orpik-Cole, in terms of power behind the check and intent.

But it is still so reckless.  The usual excuses don't apply either.  Boyle didn't turn at the last second.  During Lapierre's approach, he could see his numbers clearly.  And this wasn't a kind-of-shoulder type of hit from behind either.  He literally puts his hands into Boyle's numbers and shoves (with plenty of momentum behind him).  

I don't think Lapierre was necessary trying to hurt him, but this is exactly what the league is trying to get rid of.  So dangerous.  Won't be surprised if Boyle misses 20 games with a concussion.  Seems unfair if Lapierre just gets a couple.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Maxim is a little p***y, but I'm sure that if he really wanted to be dirty, he could have shoved him way harder than that.

It wasn't so much about how he hit him, as much as he should just know that you don't finish a check there. I don't think for a second that he was trying to hurt him. I think it was just negligence as opposed to malicious intent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

But it is still so reckless.  The usual excuses don't apply either.  Boyle didn't turn at the last second.  During Lapierre's approach, he could see his numbers clearly.  And this wasn't a kind-of-shoulder type of hit from behind either.  He literally puts his hands into Boyle's numbers and shoves (with plenty of momentum behind him).

Lapierre knew were he had Boyle and knew what he was doing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I see what you're saying, I just feel that he should have known better and that hitting anyone in a vulnerable position such as that should be off limits or there could be injuries as a result.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Instead of the league looking to remove fighting out of the game they should be more concerned of removing dirty players out of the game: Kaleta, Lapierre and the Cooks. More players get hurt/ and are concussed over plays like this then fighting...just saying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I wouldn't doubt what you say, Bruinfan.  I was going by what Darren "I Add Nothing To Hockey Central" Millard said.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Five games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I wouldn't doubt what you say, Bruinfan.  I was going by what Darren "I Add Nothing To Hockey Central" Millard said.

good quote on Darren lol

Sections
Shortcuts