Dirty Paille hit...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Dirty Paille hit...

don't be fooled by laundry folks. blindside hit elbow meets head.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Dirty Paille hit...

Yup 5-10 games for sure.  No need for that in the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Yeah....I didn't think he lead with his elbow.  But it was a blindside hit.  I'm with pbergeron37:  1 - 2 games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Blindside hit yes but absolutely no intent and he didn't lead with the elbow. 1-2 games for a guy who is not known for this at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I din't think the elbow made contact but by mere inches and a fraction of a second it was a blinside hit. 1 game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup you can now skate through the offensive zone with your head down. Paille deserves the penalty yet the net result is players will skate looking downward.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

dirty hit 4 sure

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If the league is serious about getting rid of these type hits they have to give more than 1-2 games - that's just not enough deterrent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

dirty...6 games

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yep it's confirmed Rmiller has his new favorite user name.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Actually it was a dirty hit as defined, the problem is the player was skating into the offensive zone with his head down! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Dirty Paille hit...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dirty Paille hit... : Very good point, it WAS NOT a dirty hit whenever you try to cut across inside the opposition blueline it is a danger zone and the dallas player chose to go there!!! I thought it was a shoulder to shoulder hit, a great backcheck that created the stars from scoring... wait a minute maybe thats it the league wants to see more scoring just like now when a players on a breakaway if you so much as breath on him its a penalty.. if paille is suspended for that they misewell take hitting out because thats where this is going to end up and as islamorada said everybody will start cutting inside the blueline because now you cant be hit there.. maybe thats what some of these marshmellow fans on here want no hitting they must be really disgusted in tonights rough game.. while thr fans that know hockey will tell you its the best game they played ALL season and they gained more than 2 points out of this believe me!!!!!  
    Posted by uppercut[/QUOTE]

He blindsided a defenseless player.  It's a dirty hit and if a Bruin was the victim we'd be screaming for a ridiculously long suspension.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Wasn`t even going to be called a penalty, Ref listened to Crawford gave him a match after giving Z a 10 minute, bs call for talking to Ott, talking for pete`s sake. Then 4 1/2 mins of PP Z is in the box and the B`s still kill it.

Great game Rask, best PK guy tonight, breakaway etc., 1 softy just to fire the B`s back up again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

It's was blind side, and I think it will be more then 2 games.  I totally agree on the lack emphasis on skating through the dirty zone with your head down though.

I don't think that because just because you can identify a blind side hit, that it automatically means you want the hitting out of the game.  If he comes through there with his head down and a D man flattens him, then he's making highlight reels and everyone is talking about how huge the hit was (player injury or not).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Horrible refs with there efforts tonight. As far as the hit no intent, it was shoulder to shoulder but the follow through with the elbow will get Paille some games. Caron now gets some well deserved refresher courses.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Who cares, he actually did us a favour, may not have to use him for a few!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Doesn't even need to be a blindside hit if the primary impact is to the head. Guessing 3-5 games here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

He intended to check him shoulder to shoulder and by the time he hit him it was elbow to head. The Stars players skated head high and as he was going to get hit, lost control of the puck or balance 

Paille is not a dirty player but no doubt he will get a suspension for what he did. 2 to 3 games since the stars player was fine after the hit

I like the new rules in place. Lateral hits are some of best hits you can see in hockey, but its time to prevent concussions first

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dirty Paille hit... : And why was he defenceless????? because he cut across inside the blueline with his head down.. would you walk across the highway blindfolded??? and i am not trying to be sarcastic here just making a point. if you have played you would know that when a guy cuts across inside the blueline you have to hit him hard or he will run you over because of the speed involved in cutting across. if you let him go chances are the puck is in your net. you are already seeing players do it more often because there already is some hesitation by backchecking players to do anything to you, and just let you go.. that to me is not hockey you dont give the opposition lanes especially in your own end..watch the hit it is shoulder to shoulder 
    Posted by uppercut[/QUOTE]

If the defenseman stepped up and wrecked him from the front I wouldn't have a problem with it, and neither would the league.  Paille clearly came from the blind side and in my opinion should receive multiple games because these types of hits can end a player's career as we know all too well.  I don't like the hit, you do, so we can just agree to disagree on this one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Paille : humm I am beginning to love him ....not for his hit tonight but for his agressiveness....finally the Bruins are hitting ....by the way how many games did Cooke get on his hit in Savard ??????????  What a game tonight !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Paille comes back the same way)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

just an honest, tough hockey hit from a pretty honest player. Once you're commited to the check.......................
      Unfortunately, these kind of hits can really hurt someone, and the league is now all over it, and wants to be considered proactive.
    This is their chance, and I believe....they'll seize it.  Nobody got hurt, an elite player isn't going to be impacted, and the league will see this as great timing to make a statement and jump up on the soap box.
     I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 games, but would be very surprised to see much more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]just an honest, tough hockey hit from a pretty honest player. Once you're commited to the check.......................   Unfortunately, these kind of hits can really hurt someone, and the league is now all over it, and wants to be considered proactive. This is their chance, and I believe....they'll seize it.  Nobody got hurt, an elite player isn't going to be impacted, and the league will see this as great timing to make a statement and jump up on the soap box.  I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 games, but would be very surprised to see much more.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

I heard on a telecast a short time ago the guy  suffered a separated shoulder, and a broken nose ... Too bad for Paille, a year ago this would have been a clean hit.. now the joke that is Colin Campbell will decide to pick an opportunity to make an example of the guy.. while the Avery's and Ott's  and Cooke's of the world go unscathed.... Too bad he wasn't there for Savard..

Sections
Shortcuts