Dirty Paille hit...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Dirty Paille hit...

Campbell doesn't make decisions regarding the B's since his son is on the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

It was dirty. Whether or not he meant it to turn out the way it is, he's a marginal player at best. We can get other people to do his job better and cheaper. He knows better than to make that hit. Ditch this loser. Buy him out, send him down, whatever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

My opinion

Intent:  0

Illegal:  100

I watched it in slowmo a bunch of times from all different angles.  The first point of contact was the player's head.

Five games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

NAS in different angles, do you mean the sofa, the chair, the floor and standing.

Yankin yer chain.lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I'm sure the powers that be will dream up something creative. Bottom line -- It's about time that someone from the opposing team is on the other end of a cheap shot. Maybe for once in a really long time -- the other team will start skating with their heads up. The B's lead the league in man games lost to cheap shots and the guilty party always seems to get away scott free.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Dirty Paille hit...:
    [QUOTE]NAS in different angles, do you mean the sofa, the chair, the floor and standing. Yankin yer chain.lol
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

LOL, and really LOL because I did get off the couch and get really close to the TV.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

He will be suspended 2 or 3 games. Yes it was a blind side hit to the head. I don't think their was intent. He doesn't have a previous record. That will work in his favor. I' guessing it will be a 2 game suspension

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I agree with NAS, he should get 5 (and that the intent was not there and that it was still illegal)

But the league is not serious about this - it's all lip service. I stand by saying he'll get 1 game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

I dont think it was dirty as I didnt see any intent to injure.  I think Paille just tried to hit him on his shoulder and because the guy had his head down, he accidentally hit him there.  If what was said about the separated shoulder and broken nose is true, thats too bad.  As much as I dont like the Stars, that guy was just a rookie, and a clean player as far as I know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not sure how any of you can say the elbow did not hit the head...I saw elbow hit head first then head snap back..How do you not see that? Black n Gold glasses????

I say 2-3 games at most. Paille has no previous incidents..Clearly no intent, happens in less than 1 second on the ice....

He may be punished more than he deserves because it is such a hot issue, but at the same time I can't understand why players still entere the offensive zone with their head down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

It really wasn't that bad. Paille was screened by another player so he didn't see all the way. I've seen worse, way worse. 1-3 games

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I think Paille wanted to lay him out, and with reason. Sawada had been a db all night.  The No Stars are a band of cheap shot artists.  They came in chippy, set the tone and got battered.  If the NHL does consider that they are idiots....What am I saying? He'll get 3.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Yep the intent to hit the players head was not there, but he did make contact with the players head. He initially comes into the hit with his elbow down leading with the shoulder and followed through with the elbow high....Did he hit him with the elbow, I dont think so, but his should definitely made contact with the head. He'll get a suspension, but not many games. Its such a fine line, when you have a player bent over like that reaching for the puck. It really does put him in a vulnerable position. And do you really want to put yourself in a vulnerable position in the NHL.....It kind of takes the players to be accountable. I think the one that gets me, is when player turn there back so they dont get hit, then get hit into the boards face first...I think the players try to use that to there advantage so they dont get hit (turning there back towards the player), but it can cause more of a problem.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

definitely a blind side hit- deserves a suspension. whereas the savard / hunwick hit was not high- therefore no penalty...savard was crouched to shoulder level, so was the star player...i don't think it was high- but it was a cheap shot. if hunwick is allowed "to follow through on his check"- so is paille. the point was the guy never saw it coming- not where he contacted him. i hope the guy is not injured to badly- it wasn't a stretcher incident- so thats good news...what a black eye for an utterly amazing game to watch- the only silverlining is paille can go byby for little while-   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It was a great shoulder check to a guy cutting to the net with his head down.  Unfortunately he hit his head.  I bet he'll get 3 games like Joe Thornton.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

2 game susension, I think. They rescinded the match penalty deeming there was no intent to injure and Paille has no history of this sort of thing. But who knows....the league metes out discipline in such an arbitrary and convoluted manner there is no telling what those dopes will do. I won't be shocked if it's anywhere between a slap on the wrist and banished from hockey for life.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

More good luck for the Bruins! Can't stand Paille at all. He completely suxs. Can't blame him for the hit since he has no idea what he is doing out there. Suspend him for life for all I care...and take Wheeler with him!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Paille is playing better and better ,,,another Marchand ???  (I mean in his progression) ..he skates better, he scores, he hits, he is still young ...his value is going up ...just like Brad Machand

Ovi for Marchand ???  Dont know anymore ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

whoa stanley!!! are you serious????paille has been the most ineffective player on the roster all year, not even close. then he puts a black eye on a beautiful game?  i'm glad he's done - he should be part of any trade package the b's make.this is not a knee-jerk reaction either, i wanted this guy sent down months ago- now he's gone for a little while- perfect!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]My opinion Intent:  0 Illegal:  100 I watched it in slowmo a bunch of times from all different angles.  The first point of contact was the player's head. Five games.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I agree with this... except that the player did have his head down and was skating low to the ice, which was as much the reason for the head contact as the hit was.  Blindside? Uh, I suppose in todays no-check hockey world.  I still dont understand how the refs can call that "intent to injure" but Cooke's hit wasn't.  Looked more like "intent to check" to me.

No priors.  3 games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

A poster on TSN made a good observation.He said if Paille was a Flyer he'd get 8-10 games.Since he's a Bruin,probably 4-6 games.Too bad he's not a Penguin because then it would only be considered incidental contact.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Saying there was no intent is stupid. Yeah, he didn't RAISE his arm to hit his head. Yes, you hit someone in that situation and the guy had his head down. Got that. BUT he had PLENTY of time, as he came across half the sheet to make the hit, to line up his shoulder into the guy's midsection and MAKE SURE to NOT hit his head. I understand accidents happen, but there was plenty of time to adjust here. Just because he wasn't ACTIVELY leaping at the head doesn't mean he didn't PASSIVELY continue towards the head when there was the opportunity to do something else. With Savard's career possibly ending TODAY for the exact same reason and people calling for Cooke to be out of the league, I say Paille should go, too. Neither will happen, but a guy can dream.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dirty Paille hit... : I agree with this... except that the player did have his head down and was skating low to the ice, which was as much the reason for the head contact as the hit was.  Blindside? Uh, I suppose in todays no-check hockey world.  I still dont understand how the refs can call that "intent to injure" but Cooke's hit wasn't.  Looked more like "intent to check" to me. No priors.  3 games.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

He had SOOO much time to line up the hit. If you can't control your body and are "accidently" screwing up simple hits like this and possibly ending careers, then you shouldn't be in the NHL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dirty Paille hit...:[QUOTE]A poster on TSN made a good observation.He said if Paille was a Flyer he'd get 8-10 games.Since he's a Bruin,probably 4-6 games.Too bad he's not a Penguin because then it would only be considered incidental contact. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

^This!