Discord in the Room?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Discord in the Room?

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/iginla-eriksson-make-presence-felt-early-camp

Anybody else remember a report about discord in the Bruins locker room last season?  Please refresh my memory if you read or heard a report regarding problems.  Joe Haggerty just slides in this tidbit in an artilcle he wrote today about Iginla & Eriksson.  

"But another stabilizing force could be a good thing for a B’s dressing room that had its share of discord last season before pulling it all together in the end."

I find it interesting that this is the first I have heard this from Joe.  He is around the team as much as anyone in the press, why is he now slipping this tidbit into an article.  Shouldn't he have talked about this last season? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Discord in the Room?

Maybe they all hated Seguin?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

haggerty's looking to gain readers. Typical media rabble rouser with half true mingled with speculation

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Yeah this sounds like a typical Haggerty atricle. I take it all with a grain of salt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Could justify some of the rumors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Do you think he is making stuff up, or do you think that the guys and gals that follow the Bruins in the press don't report on things they see and hear sometimes?  Are they too close to the players?  Joe was a HUGE fan of Tyler.

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I hate it when people say this guy or that guy wrote this piece for clicks or to make a name for himself or whatever.  They are out there doing their jobs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I hate it when people say this guy or that guy wrote this piece for clicks or to make a name for himself or whatever.  They are out there doing their jobs.

I agree NAS.  My question is, was he doing his job last season, if he had information of a divided dressing room and didn't report it?  Obviously he can't come out and say he heard that Seguin was boinking Horton's wife, but he probably could have eluded to issues amongst teammates affecting their play and the chemistry, without going into details.  I'm not sure where the line is for journalists, in terms of what they report and don't report.  However, if he didn't talk about it last season, why throw it out there at the start of this season?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I dunno about discord but he did turn a phrase Seguin use to use. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

What phrase was that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

If you don't like this story, there are lots of stories at the library or elsewhere on the internet that you might like.

If that doesn't work, wait 15 minutes and another story will come along.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Every once in awhile Haggs pulls a good article out of his Bee-hind. Typically, more than not, he is just plain boring. The non-professional irritant is gone so Haggs needs a subject to start an article.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What phrase was that?

[/QUOTE]

http://youtu.be/sFJnu2Pi8jQ

Kind of prophetic, really.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

I agree NAS.  My question is, was he doing his job last season, if he had information of a divided dressing room and didn't report it?  Obviously he can't come out and say he heard that Seguin was boinking Horton's wife, but he probably could have eluded to issues amongst teammates affecting their play and the chemistry, without going into details.  I'm not sure where the line is for journalists, in terms of what they report and don't report.  However, if he didn't talk about it last season, why throw it out there at the start of this season?

It's one sentence in a good sized article.  It's not the basis of the story at all.  During the season, he can't start writing about inside feuds or spats that he saw or heard or else he'll be shut down when it comes to other things.

Privelaged info is just that.  Start saying everything you saw, people will make sure you see less.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

I know a woman with season tix and knows a few of the "in" guys and said that above post" is exactly what happened hence the sudden trade and the other one just leaving.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

It's one sentence in a good sized article.  It's not the basis of the story at all.  During the season, he can't start writing about inside feuds or spats that he saw or heard or else he'll be shut down when it comes to other things.

Privelaged info is just that.  Start saying everything you saw, people will make sure you see less.

That's my point.  It is one sentence in an article about the new guys.  He throws it in there all nonchalantly, like it was a story that was reported and that everyone knew about.  Right now there are problems in the room for the Tampa Bay Bucs, Freeman is the center of attention along with the head coach.  Why do some feuds get reported, yet others stay under wrap?  What news has Joe broken that he will get shut out of?  Will the Bruins pull a Steve Spurrier?

PC, Bruins management, players, fans had for some time always talked about how they all got along and loved the chemistry in the room, and how they didn't want to break it up.  So when someone drops a one liner to the contrary, it makes me take notice.  As I said, there are ways that he could have reported on strife in the room, without all the juicy TMZ details.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

First thing I thought of, NAS

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Every once an awhile one (psuedo posters too) lose focus on who we are professionally et al, then we, normalily, realize we are speaking of speculation rather than fact.  Shrink stuff!  Stop speculation, just because you are a cousin to the family does not make you a close intermediate famiily member Hags.  Although the Bs regular season play was a bit maddening, so maybe a shrink is needed. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

If you don't like this story, there are lots of stories at the library or elsewhere on the internet that you might like.

If that doesn't work, wait 15 minutes and another story will come along.

We're waiting for the story of why Horton left, Wheats.  Camp's here - didn't you say you had the scoop?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I remember this debate starting more than 20 years ago when what athletes did outside the lines was becoming more and more a part of the coverage. Around the time, or just before the time, when we found out that 1 in 4 American babies had been fathered by Steve Garvey and that Wade Boggs was a dirty dog.  You heard all the stories about Mickey Mantle being a fall down drunk and all the writers knew it because they'd be right there with him, but it would have been a violation of trust to write anything about it.  They were almost protective.  The guys who covered Chamberlain or Moses Malone didn't say boo; the stuff about Chamberlain and women was left to the society reporters who painted the "everybody party!" picture.  Bar fights, altercations between teammates, divorces, and on and on.  When the money went loopy, the terms and conditions seemed to change because now these guys weren't legends, they were moguls.

For the Bruins, it sure seems like there's the core and then there's the CORE.  Recchi and Ference are the only two guys from the CORE who have left.  Chara, Bergeron, Seidenberg, Krejci, Fat, Marchand, Campbell, Paille, the Clown, maybe Boychuk and Kelly - that's the group I think is the group behind the story that the Bruins are a tight-knit group that loves to play together.  I don't think Seguin ever was, and Horton may have been, but I don't think that's him in the end.  If it was, as NAS said, a question of everyone disliking Seguin?  Then the image of Seguin trying to tell Chara what he wants him to do and Chara standing there, towering over him, with a 1000 yd stare and barely acknowledging him comes quickly to mind.

Are you not entertained?!?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

I think it's reasonable to have discord if the Seguin stories are at least partially true and you have other members of the team so dedicated they were playing through injuries like Bergeron, Chara, Horton etc. were (and even how Campbell did).  

i can only imagine how those that gave their all felt if Seguin was indeed s*rewing around (staying out late, partying, coming in not 100%). Not that he's not allowed to have his own life or do x,y,z.. But if he is a professional getting paid millions and teammates rely on him (to try his best and do the right things to succeed) they put their bodies on the line while he's acting immature... Maybe this wasnt the right place for him and I would understand the teams frustration.

(I know Seguin technically played through a hip injury too.)

Sections
Shortcuts