Disgraceful

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Disgraceful

This is a real shame...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/04/26/joel-ward-racist-tweets-twitter.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Disgraceful

The internet makes it very easy for people to show their true colors.

Good for Joel Ward, though. He's gotten the Joe Corvo treatment all year in Washington- even booed at times. Glad that, if anyone, he was the one to win it for them..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Disgraceful:
    [QUOTE]This is a real shame... http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/04/26/joel-ward-racist-tweets-twitter.html
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Can't agree more.  Absolutely disgusting.  My guess is that's it's dumb teenagers and not a true representation of the Bruins fanbase.  But that doesn't really matter much.  It's just awful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You're reaching a little and being pretty opportunistic today 49...

Lots of idiots on Twitter.  Don't promt the masses on this board to remind you of the difference between a few idiots on twitter being disgraceful and an entire city acting disgraceful...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Disgraceful:
    [QUOTE]You're reaching a little and being pretty opportunistic today 49... Lots of idiots on Twitter.  Don't promt the masses on this board to remind you of the difference between a few idiots on twitter being disgraceful and an entire city acting disgraceful...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    So true Fletch. I'm sure every team's fan base has a few rascist A-holes among them. This "news story" that 49 chose to provide was about as insightful as someone saying "did you know there are rascists in the world?"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

It is in no way a true representation of the Bruins fan base.

Of course, had these been Philly, Montreal or Vancouver fans, this would be a 10-page thread condemning the "fans" of said team, posted this morning.

But the bottom line is that it's stupid to generalize about large group of people due to the actions of a small minority that gets put in the spotlight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

Your right 49 it is disgraceful and so is this

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Boston+Bruins+Milan+Lucic+church+vandalized/6166434/story.html

if you want to suggest something

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Fletch - Opportunistic and pathetically obvious. I saw this post coming at 6am this morning.

@49 North - Go away, troll.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

49 north are you calling us all racists?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Well said....as always.....Kennedy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wesman. Show wesman's posts

I just started a thread on this.  Really, 49 is a troll for pointing this out?

Guess that means everyone on this discussion board held their tongue last year about Canuck fans, because they sensibly thought..."Gee, those fans rioting certainly aren't representative of most Vancouver fans."

I call BS, guys.  There was big time bashing on this site. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]49 north are you calling us all racists?
    Posted by BostonBruinss[/QUOTE]

Don't be ridiculous.  I never said that, and never will.

Just as many, many people were very quick to point out to me about the idiot rioters in Vancouver, and despite the fact that I tried to point out many times that behaviour like that represented only a very small percentage of Canuck fans, I was reminded of riots and "burning down my city" countless times over the past year.  Some of you thought it was clever to reply to virtually every post I made with such references.

As you were quick to point out the poor behaviour of a minority of Vancouverites, I am pointing out the poor behaviour of a minority of Bostonians.  Unlike others, however, I will not continuously remind everyone of this unfortunate incident ad nauseum throughtout the summer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disgraceful : Don't be ridiculous.  I never said that, and never will. Just as many, many people were very quick to point out to me about the idiot rioters in Vancouver, and despite the fact that I tried to point out many times that behaviour like that represented only a very small percentage of Canuck fans, I was reminded of riots and "burning down my city" countless times over the past year.  Some of you thought it was clever to reply to virtually every post I made with such references. As you were quick to point out the poor behaviour of a minority of Vancouverites, I am pointing out the poor behaviour of a minority of Bostonians.  Unlike others, however, I will not continuously remind everyone of this unfortunate incident ad nauseum throughtout the summer.
     There's no comparison between rascist tweets and a riot that did millions in damage. If every one of the rascist tweeters got together they probably couldn't have flipped a car over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayer.jsp?player=13894

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I am sure ,no i am positive, there are Canuck fans who are racist as well.Unforunately racism still exists in our society and all it takes is for faceless individuals to make this apparent.It makes me sick to think people have to still deal with this hatred on a day to day basis but i for one won't tolerate it and hope my fellow posters won't as well. Go B'ssssss !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Come on 49North I know you jumped at the first opportunity something "Boston" for the treatment some here gave you concerning the riots last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Disgraceful:
    [QUOTE]This is a real shame... http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/04/26/joel-ward-racist-tweets-twitter.html

Agreed this is disgraceful.  It is terrible how a few idiots give the whole fan base a bad name, which is what happened last year with Canuck fans.  It would be great if these people could be outed like some of the rioters were.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disgraceful :  There's no comparison between rascist tweets and a riot that did millions in damage. If every one of the rascist tweeters got together they probably couldn't have flipped a car over.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

The comparision is valid.  In both cases, small numbers of so-called 'fans' exhibited socially unacceptable and/or criminal behaviour immediately following a loss by their teams. In both cases, the hockey organizations immediately denounced the behaviour. 

In Vancouver's case, thousands of citizens responded to Facebook appeals and went downtown the next day to clean up the mess, and voluntarily submitted phone-camera images and videos to police to bring charges on the perpetrators.

In Boston's case, due to the anonimity afforded the offenders on the internet, the racist attitudes will be more difficult to deal with, I fear.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Track them down and ban them from the Garden for life. There's no need for that sort of garbage.

Having said that I hate the way lazy journos get a byline by copying said trash off of twitter/ facebook/ etc and suddenly it is national news.

Apparently, as quoted on tsn, there were a 'handful' of messages which would represent a tiny *minority* (oh the irony) of the Bruins fanbase.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394333

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disgraceful : The comparision is valid.  In both cases, small numbers of so-called 'fans' exhibited socially unacceptable and/or criminal behaviour immediately following a loss by their teams. In both cases, the hockey organizations immediately denounced the behaviour.  In Vancouver's case, thousands of citizens responded to Facebook appeals and went downtown the next day to clean up the mess, and voluntarily submitted phone-camera images and videos to police to bring charges on the perpetrators. In Boston's case, due to the anonimity afforded the offenders on the internet, the racist attitudes will be more difficult to deal with, I fear.
    Well if you think the comparison is valid then the next time some Bruins fan says something to you about the riot or posts a news story like I'm doing you can say, "yeah but you guys have some rascist tweeters among you...................."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/04/18/bc-stanley-cup-riot-investigation-costs.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The difference here is this, troll 49:
    You are a Vancouver fan on a Bruins fan board defending thousands of nucks fans by pathically pointing out the actions of a couple of idiot Bruins "fans".  Who, by the way, may not even be Bostonians
    Jackwagon!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Do we even know the people tweeting are Bruins fans?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Do we even know the people tweeting are Bruins fans?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Exactly Kel. Just because someone on the web says they're a Bruins fan doesn't make it so. I mean, look at Stanley. Would you really put it past someone like Null to go out and make racial slurs "on behalf" of "Bruins fans"?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Disgraceful isn't even harsh enough. Idiots who hide behind the internet are stupid and should be banned from public discussions. But, there goes freedom of speech. Most of us cherish our freedoms and have represented our Country to preserve them. as such we'll have to tolerate these stupid comments.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Ward they borrowed him from the Wizards-lol

Sections
Shortcuts