DK/Boychuk for O'Reilly Y/N?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

DK/Boychuk for O'Reilly Y/N?

Bored...thinking of our brutal cap situation.  Anyone check out next year?  We have a lot of UFA's.  

Here is my thoughts for this deal.  We get a guy who i think would be an ideal center for the Bruins.  It would give us a chance to extend him to Bergie type money.  It would clear some space right away and would allow us to not worry so much about next year.  

The Avs get Iggy's center, a proven playoff guy, someone who's great in all end of the ice.  They get a physical top 4 dman which is something they need.  They also have a pretty decent cap space to lock them up.  

O'Reilly isnt gonna be an Av long term or so it seems bc of his demands.  I think this is one deal that helps both teams.  I think giving up both is a lot but its bc of the UFA status that i entertain this and bc we get a fantastic young well rounded center and frees some cap space going into this year and beyond.  

Yes or No?   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: DK/Boychuk for O'Reilly Y/N?

I wouldn't think twice.  Do it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't think twice.  Do it!

[/QUOTE]

I think i need to be hired for a GM somewhere.  Goalies wouldnt be lining up to come though.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I would want more back than O'Reilly for those two...

We would still have to pay him $5.5M to $6M so it isn't like the Bs would be saving much money and there would be another hole to fill on defense.

If the DMan included in the deal was McQuaid - rather than Boychuk - I would be all over it. Miller can replace McQuaid. But McQuaid can't replace Boychuk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, maybe.  It's a plausible plan B.  I've been saying for a while that plan A is probably keeping all of the core players another year, bring in rooks to fill holes, adjust depending on where you are after Christmas.  But plan B is, yeah, there are a lot of ifs for next year including re-signing Krejci and Boychuk.  If you have any doubt that you can get both and keep them under the Cap when Hamilton will also, hopefully, be due a big raise...then plan B has to be to move one or both of them now if you can get the right deal.  Their trade value declines day by day as the season progresses unless something extraordinary happens.

So - if Chiarelli decides he needs to move now, O'Reilly's a pretty solid target.  Pretty solid "fit" in terms of the game he plays, and Colorado might be thinking of dealing him for the right package. 

I wonder if it would need to be Boychuk, though, given that he might be pushing his way out in Colorado as well.  Bartkowski and Miller?  McQuaid?  Or ask for more on the Colorado side in picks or prospects?

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And I would almost welcome GM Shupe so that we would have concrete evidence that the theory of refusing to pay a top goaltender market price is either total shee-ite, or bang on.

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE] Bored...thinking of our brutal cap situation.  Anyone check out next year?  We have a lot of UFA's.  

Here is my thoughts for this deal.  We get a guy who i think would be an ideal center for the Bruins.  It would give us a chance to extend him to Bergie type money.  It would clear some space right away and would allow us to not worry so much about next year.  

Yes or No?   [/QUOTE]

Yes but I would want more back from Colorado for Krejci and Boychuk. No one that played at Lake Erie would interest me, as far as forwards, in their prospect pool. Bigras and Elliot are real good Dmen, plus Colorado has some good goaltenders in their system but the Bruins are pretty stacked at both those positions in Providence with Subban then eventually Gothberg.

What would equal out the trade coming back to Boston ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Why would we trade the Avalanche DK and JB for O'Reilly? DK has had better numbers every year... I don't see how this trade works for the B's?

I don't see why we would want to trade our #1 center for a different teams #2... Not to mention throw in our #3 d-man...

Now if the B's were to get Duchene... I'm more likely to listen there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why would we trade the Avalanche DK and JB for O'Reilly? DK has had better numbers every year... I don't see how this trade works for the B's?

I don't see why we would want to trade our #1 center for a different teams #2... Not to mention throw in our #3 d-man...

Now if the B's were to get Duchene... I'm more likely to listen there.

[/QUOTE]

Um....the cap.  Toews Kane just got paid as did Orpik.  We dont have 14m for those two next year.  O'Reilly can match DKs numbers in a few yrs being that hes on 23.  Our strength is Def.  I add boychuk to create more room for this year.   

Have a peek at capgeek and look at what a mess our situation is gonna be after next the upcoming season.  I dont like guys getting to ufa.  Id attempt to lock up both now.  If not Oreilly is a fantastic young target who wont cost as much and plays a very similar game to dk.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

shupe- isn't the issue the "window"?  How does this help the B's for 2014-15?  Who replaces Boychuk in the top-4 D? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Krecji and/or Boychuk should be considered,  as the opportunity an older Soderberg being is not out of the question as number 2 center man after last year.  If Krejci is not real number 1 center man to some, then why worry with Bergeron as a number 1.  These are the moves PC must be considering.  More than likely he will stay the course if he feels and thinks the Bs are legitimate Stanley Cup contenders.  $$$ are also a factor as the seats at TD Garden have risen and the casual fan wants to see the Krejci's etc.   When is preseason?

"Don't judge me monkey" 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like O'Reilly, and on the surface Boychuk and Krejci seems a little steep but the other player in the deal is named cap relief. If this deal was proposed earlier and it meant the B's being somehow able to retain Iginla I would have done it in a second.

My only problem with it, is it still leaves with you without a top 6 forward and no your short a top 4 defenseman.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

With all the trade discussions going on it seems like everyone is opting to rebuild now, well if you wanna throw out names now then start on the D, get rid of chara while theres value left in him and save alot of money doing it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Um....the cap.  Toews Kane just got paid as did Orpik.  We dont have 14m for those two next year.  O'Reilly can match DKs numbers in a few yrs being that hes on 23.  Our strength is Def.  I add boychuk to create more room for this year.   

Have a peek at capgeek and look at what a mess our situation is gonna be after next the upcoming season.  I dont like guys getting to ufa.  Id attempt to lock up both now.  If not Oreilly is a fantastic young target who wont cost as much and plays a very similar game to dk.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how much of "a mess" the B's cap situation will be next year.  Krejci, Boychuk, Soderberg and Hamilton will all be looking for a raise.  However, there won't be an Iginla bonus situation.  The cap will go up by a few million.  Kelly could be gone, freeing up some more money.

-GNB, King Of The Forum

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how much of "a mess" the B's cap situation will be next year.  Krejci, Boychuk, Soderberg and Hamilton will all be looking for a raise.  However, there won't be an Iginla bonus situation.  The cap will go up by a few million.  Kelly could be gone, freeing up some more money.

-GNB, King Of The Forum

[/QUOTE]

I think we'll see Paille playing for a raise as well GNB. I don't care what line he plays on, he's a bargain at 1.3M. I'm in agreement with you on next year though. I don't see any dire circumstances that can't be dealt with before things get messy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Back on topic, I couldn't see the Av's being interested in trading a young star player with RFA status for older players in the last year of their deals. I realize of course that DK and JB aren't old, they're just older than O'Reilly.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Claudorr. Show Claudorr's posts

I believe that the moment is right to trade Krejci. I think that he has reached his peak and that his decline is eminent. Also, he has an history with concussions... We can get a nice offer for him and, say, Bartkowski ( forget McQuaide: no gm in his right mind will want him)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Claudorr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe that the moment is right to trade Krejci. I think that he has reached his peak and that his decline is eminent. Also, he has an history with concussions... We can get a nice offer for him and, say, Bartkowski ( forget McQuaide: no gm in his right mind will want him)

[/QUOTE]

Seems like most of the league has a concussion history now. Whether he signs an extension with the Bruins or not, I doubt that Krejci's concussion history will have much to do with it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Back on topic, I couldn't see the Av's being interested in trading a young star player with RFA status for older players in the last year of their deals. I realize of course that DK and JB aren't old, they're just older than O'Reilly.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

Fletch may shed light on this but ive read chunks that Oreilly is playing hard ball with them again and things could get dicey.  The reason i added both dk and boychuk is bc of their ufa status.  They have the cap room to get both done and these two would absolutely help the Avs in exactly the way they need.  I know its not happening but i think Oreilly would be a fantastic pickup now.  Especially since the risk of losing dk or boychuk is medium to high next year.  

GNB- how much do you think just the 3 ufa's will yank in combined annually.  Im guessing 7.5+5.5+4.5=17.5.  Add Dougie's bridge or long term extension and you are looking at either 3 or 6 million.  Would say its safe to say 20 million between the 4.   We have a lot of our 3-4 lines in question also.  I hope PC can lock all 4 up.  But i believe one of them is gone maybe both re dk boychuk.  

Oreilly gives us a player that is young...he gives us numbers similar and a style similar to dk.  Our strenth in numbers is defense.  

If we could sub AM into the equation and extend boychuk id be game.  I think dk ultimately will sign for more then oreilly.  Right there is a savings of likely a couple million.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

With all the trade discussions going on it seems like everyone is opting to rebuild now, well if you wanna throw out names now then start on the D, get rid of chara while theres value left in him and save alot of money doing it.

[/QUOTE]

Wally, adding Oreilly isnt a rebuild.  He would be our top center with Lucic and Loui.  The LOL line that isnt funny to play against.  It would free up about 3m for next year to add a player immediately.  Setoguchi for the same one year Heatley deal.  

PS.   Im never trading Chara.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A couple quick thoughts on this.

- I don't think it needs to be Boychuk, unless you want that for cap reasons.  I think the Avs would be happy with Krejci and just about anything else.  O'Reilly is starting to stink up the room like a dead fish in Denver.  I think they'll try really hard to make nice (they have to) but if they can bring back an all-star caliber center and a roster d-man, I think they'd be happy. (not that it matters, but Boychuk came up through the Avs system into the AHL, before they gave up on him and traded him to Boston)

-There is some bad news for anyone who signs O'Reilly.  He has essentially held out twice before his 23rd birthday to a franchise that drafted him and gave him every chance to succeed immediately.  He wants big money.  He wanted more than Stastny, and St. Louis just threw $7 mil per at him.  He doesn't want a 'bridge deal'.  He has a shark for an agent and a meddling Lindrosian father, and both father and agent hammer the team in the press come contract time. I'm guessing he wants 6 yrs, $42 million.

-O'Reilly's father actually wrote a letter to the Denver Post, for publication, during that last hold-out detailing what a special player his son was and ripping the Avs for being a loser organization.  One of the most completely idiotic things I can remember reading.  Imagine that in Boston?  There is some baggage to consider here.

-O'Reilly is a lot different than Krejci too.  A lot more like Bergeron.  Always nice to have good two-way centers who do all of the intangibles, but O'Reilly doesn't bring back a lot of the things that Krejci gives the Bruins.  Like the slick passing, finesse, and those crazy skilled hands.  He's not gonna set people up the way Krejci does.  You'd have Bergeron and Bergeron2 as your top two centers.

-I love watching O'Reilly play and he would absolutely be a fan favorite if it wasn't for his contract negotiations.  But I still think I favor sticking with the core for now, making salary sacrifices where you have to, and adding small bit pieces to help.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder if it would need to be Boychuk, though, given that he might be pushing his way out in Colorado as well.  Bartkowski and Miller?  McQuaid?  Or ask for more on the Colorado side in picks or prospects?

[/QUOTE]

If the idea is to get cap relief then yes it kind of does have to be Boychuk. O-Reilly and Krecji kind of cancel themselves out money-wise. And David's pending ufa status may actually make him a more expensive option.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

One more thing, with Duchene and MacKinnon down the middle it is more likely the Avs would want wingers or more D depth. Krecji may be redundant, kind of like Seguin was in Boston.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Lots of moving parts bad questions here. First question is what oreilly wants long term. Another factor is that the bruins have a grand total of two right shooting forwards, Bergeron and krejci. Trading one for a lefty when you're that low on them might be a concern. I think it all really depends on krejcis contract demands. If he'll take Bergeron money then they just hold on to him.  Here's a trade idea that might be a bit outside the box, discuss Shane doan from Arizona, contingent on them picking up half the check 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tks Fletch.  I didnt realize it wad that bad.  Considering he made major dollars through the offer sheet i think its safe to say hes gonna get big bucks.  I like Oreilly's game.  I think hes more of a scorer then dk and would blend in nice with Lucic.  But losing dk its possible that Lucic game (goals) may dip.  In a perfect world we extend dk for bergie dollars and extend boychuk for Seidz like money.