DK/Boychuk for O'Reilly Y/N?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: DK/Boychuk for O'Reilly Y/N?

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lots of moving parts bad questions here. First question is what oreilly wants long term. Another factor is that the bruins have a grand total of two right shooting forwards, Bergeron and krejci. Trading one for a lefty when you're that low on them might be a concern. I think it all really depends on krejcis contract demands. If he'll take Bergeron money then they just hold on to him.  Here's a trade idea that might be a bit outside the box, discuss Shane doan from Arizona, contingent on them picking up half the check 

[/QUOTE]

I think the left right thing is a bit overhyped.  The russian power house i believe were all lefties.  Plus we are signing setoguchi to satisfy your righty fetish.  :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In a perfect world we extend dk for bergie dollars and extend boychuk for Seidz like money.  

[/QUOTE]

I could see DK taking a Bergeron contract but I think the market is going to price JB out of town. I think he gets offered an Orpik type deal 5year at $5.5mil per season, and he would be crazy not to take it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lots of moving parts bad questions here. First question is what oreilly wants long term. Another factor is that the bruins have a grand total of two right shooting forwards, Bergeron and krejci. Trading one for a lefty when you're that low on them might be a concern. I think it all really depends on krejcis contract demands. If he'll take Bergeron money then they just hold on to him.  Here's a trade idea that might be a bit outside the box, discuss Shane doan from Arizona, contingent on them picking up half the check 

[/QUOTE]

I think the left right thing is a bit overhyped.  The russian power house i believe were all lefties.  Plus we are signing setoguchi to satisfy your righty fetish.  :-)

[/QUOTE]

While I normally would agree having 1 righty would be a bit rough. I think they need at least two lefties that can successfully take face offs and two righties as well. If krejci is moved out and soderberg promoted, I would want either the third line rw or fourth line center to be a guy that can take draws in a pinch 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The affect on Lucic's production should DK move on is an interesting one actually. It's no secret that his goal scoring prowess came to full fruition while playing with David. Something to keep an eye on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In a perfect world we extend dk for bergie dollars and extend boychuk for Seidz like money.  

[/QUOTE]

I could see DK taking a Bergeron contract but I think the market is going to price JB out of town. I think he gets offered an Orpik type deal 5year at $5.5mil per season, and he would be crazy not to take it.

[/QUOTE]

I see both of those things happening as well.  I ultimately believe Boychuk will be the body that brings us a RW.  I then see AM possibly jumping back up with Chara to form a shut down pair.  seidz with dougie.  Miller Krug.  

Boychuk has some major value.  Id love to keep him but i just dont see it happening.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Might as well forget about it,the Lerfs will offer Phanoof & Kadri and be done with it,the Avs will include a draft pick.Krejci & Johnny B stay,sorry.

You will never find a more wretched hive of SCUM and VILLAINY.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Might as well forget about it,the Lerfs will offer Phanoof & Kadri and be done with it,the Avs will include a draft pick.Krejci & Johnny B stay,sorry.

[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize ;)

I am fine with keeping both if possible. Have you heard anything with regard to that TO scenario or is that just a guess? Leafland is usually deluded in thinking they are in on every trade and UFA signing of course.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A couple quick thoughts on this.

- I don't think it needs to be Boychuk, unless you want that for cap reasons.  I think the Avs would be happy with Krejci and just about anything else.  O'Reilly is starting to stink up the room like a dead fish in Denver.  I think they'll try really hard to make nice (they have to) but if they can bring back an all-star caliber center and a roster d-man, I think they'd be happy. (not that it matters, but Boychuk came up through the Avs system into the AHL, before they gave up on him and traded him to Boston)

-There is some bad news for anyone who signs O'Reilly.  He has essentially held out twice before his 23rd birthday to a franchise that drafted him and gave him every chance to succeed immediately.  He wants big money.  He wanted more than Stastny, and St. Louis just threw $7 mil per at him.  He doesn't want a 'bridge deal'.  He has a shark for an agent and a meddling Lindrosian father, and both father and agent hammer the team in the press come contract time. I'm guessing he wants 6 yrs, $42 million.

-O'Reilly's father actually wrote a letter to the Denver Post, for publication, during that last hold-out detailing what a special player his son was and ripping the Avs for being a loser organization.  One of the most completely idiotic things I can remember reading.  Imagine that in Boston?  There is some baggage to consider here.

-O'Reilly is a lot different than Krejci too.  A lot more like Bergeron.  Always nice to have good two-way centers who do all of the intangibles, but O'Reilly doesn't bring back a lot of the things that Krejci gives the Bruins.  Like the slick passing, finesse, and those crazy skilled hands.  He's not gonna set people up the way Krejci does.  You'd have Bergeron and Bergeron2 as your top two centers.

-I love watching O'Reilly play and he would absolutely be a fan favorite if it wasn't for his contract negotiations.  But I still think I favor sticking with the core for now, making salary sacrifices where you have to, and adding small bit pieces to help.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on this fletch, hadn't heard about the father.  Went out and read the letter...guy is batsh*t crazy!!!  If he carries any influence in his son's career, I would not walk away, I would run. 

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/02/19/ryan-oreillys-father-opens-up-on-his-sons-situation-with-avalanche/12635/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

No need to apologize ;)

I am fine with keeping both if possible. Have you heard anything with regard to that TO scenario or is that just a guess? Leafland is usually deluded in thinking they are in on every trade and UFA signing of course.

[/QUOTE]

Just a guess,but i have read on numerous times and in numerous publications,blogs etc,that the Lerfs would like to rid themselves of Phanoof and his contract and would be willing to throw in Kadri to make it palatable. Of course they would want the moon and maybe they would get some quality back but i really don't think many teams have been calling about Dion Phanoof.Big mistake by TO to sign him to that extension and even worse when they made him Captain,but then again,it is Lerfland.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Classic case of a team signing a player before seasons end and, once signed, the player regressing significantly to round out the season. Phaneuf was something like -14 after the big contract. Happens all too often, especially to the Leafs lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I see both of those things happening as well.  I ultimately believe Boychuk will be the body that brings us a RW.  I then see AM possibly jumping back up with Chara to form a shut down pair.  seidz with dougie.  Miller Krug.  

Boychuk has some major value.  Id love to keep him but i just dont see it happening.  

[/QUOTE]

If I'm Chiarelli, I'm offering Boychuk basically Seidenberg money sometime in August or September and saying yes, I saw the UFA frenzy, so yes, I believe you might get more on the open market.  But we're going to continue to try to win, and we want you for 5 years, so you're guaranteed $20-22M and hopefully winning hockey for the foreseeable future.  See where that gets you.  If his agent says "he deserves Orpik money" (they actually played exactly the same amount of minutes per game...bizarre), and decides to play hardball, you might give it a month, and if nothing changes, you tell him you're going to have to explore a deal.  Maybe that changes his mind, maybe not.  Do it all above board - plenty of respect for what he's accomplished in Boston etc. etc. - but be prepared by doing your due diligence in advance and be prepared to act on it.

Boychuk only gets that Orpik-like deal if he doesn't re-sign and goes to the highest bidder.  He might not want to go to Edmonton.  Why would anyone want to spend time in Edmonton?  So - convince him he'll be happier with less money and a better situation in Boston.

I think Krejci probably settles in around $7M in the end.  If the Hawk deals hadn't happened, I think he'd have signed the same deal Bergeron did - but inflation is be-atch.  The two will total about $3-3.5M in raises over their current hits.  Soderberg and Hamilton are the great unknowns, along with whoever else fills this year's vacancies.  Paille, Campbell, McQuaid - these are small raises at best if the Bruins re-sign them during the year - another $600K total between them?  If that? As Fletch said - bonus overage this year is $4.7M.  That's enough to cover what I see as the inflation in keeping all of the UFAs except Soderberg.  The two unknowns will be the real test.  Not sure they can keep Soderberg and Krejci.

[object HTMLDivElement]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] i really don't think many teams have been calling about Dion Phanoof. Big mistake by TO to sign him to that extension and even worse when they made him Captain,but then again,it is Lerfland. [/QUOTE]

And there were many on here that defended that birdbrain signing. TO is stuck with Captain Terd!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

OK, get this - BDC doesn't want you to use the word you get if you take the o off the front of olive.  Bizarre.

Are you not entertained?!?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And there were many on here that defended that birdbrain signing. TO is stuck with Captain Terd!

[/QUOTE]

hahaha...best moniker yet!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course it is.  It's just another talking point for those who are more interested in evaluating things on paper instead of understanding things on the ice.

This is the NHL.  If a guy is in the NHL, he's one of the best in the world at his job.  If a left handed shooter got to the NHL with a right handed shot, he's obviously good at his job.  The idea of passing him over because he's a lefty is absurd.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think in a perfect world a team would prefer not to have all 6 wingers on the top 3 lines shooting the same hand. I would assume Chiarelli agrees with this as he has mentioned it on a couple of occasions. I know growing up going through goalie schools one of the things they teach you is to see who shoots what and where they are for cheating purposes.Take note especially on faceoffs in your own end.  Some centers aren't as good on their backhand as forehand and vice versa. I guess it depends on who you have.

I think it's more of an issue on defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

No nas it really isn't. You don't need a perfect 6 and 6 balance, but if Bergeron is your only right handed forward that's a problem for two reasons, 1. Faceoffs, 2. Powerplay. As constituted its fine to have Bergeron and krejci as the low guys on the left side for the pp, as well as having them as your two faceoff guys on the right side of the defensive and offensive zones.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on this fletch, hadn't heard about the father.  Went out and read the letter...guy is batsh*t crazy!!!  If he carries any influence in his son's career, I would not walk away, I would run. 

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/02/19/ryan-oreillys-father-opens-up-on-his-sons-situation-with-avalanche/12635/" rel="nofollow">http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/02/19/ryan-oreillys-father-opens-up-on-his-sons-situation-with-avalanche/12635/

[/QUOTE]

Crowls, it literally made my jaw drop the first time I read it (in the newspaper!).  Painted a picture of the O'Reilly family as delusional egomaniacs with very poor grammar, punctuation, and an obsession with the word 'Character'.  I think I wrote a 5-paragraph rebuttal for a Denver based blog at the time.

Ryan had to come out and apologize for it a few days later, as it not-so-subtlety smeared most of his teammates in comparison to Dad's favorite guy.  Great work Daddy-O.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/02/19/ryan-oreillys-father-opens-up-on-his-sons-situation-with-avalanche/12635/" rel="nofollow">http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/02/19/ryan-oreillys-father-opens-up-on-his-sons-situation-with-avalanche/12635/" rel="nofollow">http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/02/19/ryan-oreillys-father-opens-up-on-his-sons-situation-with-avalanche/12635/

[/QUOTE]

Crowls, it literally made my jaw drop the first time I read it (in the newspaper!).  Painted a picture of the O'Reilly family as delusional egomaniacs with very poor grammar, punctuation, and an obsession with the word 'Character'.  I think I wrote a 5-paragraph rebuttal for a Denver based blog at the time.

Ryan had to come out and apologize for it a few days later, as it not-so-subtlety smeared most of his teammates in comparison to Dad's favorite guy.  Great work Daddy-O.

[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of when Stastnys old man chimed in on the Stewart for Johnson trade. Those Denver Daddys.