do it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

do it

the b's are hoping for another cup run, and so am I!  it's time to move D. K.! he is up next yr, how much will you have to pay him?  how much more than Bergeron? Teams are STARVING for stud centers,that being said who needs one?

EDMONTON

MINNESOTA

CALGARY

ARIZONA

WASHINGTON

COLUMBUS

NASHVILLE

VANCOUVER

WINNIPEG

SAN JOSE

FLORIDA

NEW JERSEY   LIKE EVERY BODY!

the bruins need right hand shot  goal scoring   badly.

I like Jordan eberle from Edmonton and Charlie coyle from minny, bjudstad from florida. of course some of those are not enough for dave  but you see were im going? the bruins would have  bergy as 1st line center and soda as 2nd line(he MUST be resigned) then Kelly.campbell,spooner,or koko for 3rd and 4th lines as centers. this must be on there minds, as they can't  keep d.k and soda and boychuck next year there is no way.   what about alex semin???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: do it

It should be pointed out that Krecji has a 6 team no trade list clause in his contract. If (and that is a big if) he is moved it is likely most if not all of those teams are on your list

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It should be pointed out that Krecji has a 6 team no trade list clause in his contract. If (and that is a big if) he is moved it is likely most if not all of those teams are on your list

[/QUOTE]
    you are right  but...it is a long list  and now is the time, I think anyway. how much will the cap next year? 2 mil 4?  just enough room,unless you trade boychuck or marchand  even with Kelly coming off the books.

how much do you think soda is going to want? and he will be unrestricted.  just thinking out loud and in print.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

You want another cup run. So do I. I would be okay with trading krejci if it would benefit the team now, but I'd like to know who on those teams would improve the bruins chances in he the short term

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This is my thinking:

Krecji: between 6.5 to 7.8mill

Yeti: 4.5 to 6 mill

The top end of the scale for both depends on how aggressive GM's will be next summer.

The low end is probably the max of what PC will offer them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

It kinda bites that either way you look at long term or short term players, they all cost too much. Long term has the Bs in a funk with the cap now and short term would cost them dearly for the right player. It all s u x

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Good players get paid.  Simple as that.  The Bruins haven't had to deal with this much since, well, they jettisoned the last of the over 27 core forwards when they Sturmed Sturm.  For a while, it was all guys 27 and under, except Recchi who is an exemption because he was a cheap vet with a bonus backed deal.  Now Bergeron has the first of the big deals for that group signed with UFA on the horizon.  Rask's deal reflects how close he was to UFA eligibility.  It starts to add up; the only thing you can do and still be a top contender is replace from within.  There's no end for a contender to lose guys to UFA and replace them with pricey UFAs.  You either get a young player who can contribute, or you go get a guy who hasn't hit his stride yet and hope.

We also want to cling to the guys we know.  Doesn't mean that moving on from them will mean the team gets worse.  Who expected Krejci and Wheeler to click the way they did as 3rd liners?  Who misses Brad Stuart or Nick Boynton?  Except for the playoffs, was there a time last year where you thought "boy, I sure wish Ference hadn't been out of Boston's price range!"

Teams change over.  The Bruins have a choice to start that change with DK or not.  If he turns down a deal like Bergeron's because he wants to get paid, well, I guess that's going to happen sometime.  If that leads to a deal, or he walks as a UFA, I won't spend a lot of time listening to the Smiths in the dark.  I'll hope there's a plan B, whether it's Soderberg or one of the Providence guys, and that it works.  That doesn't suk, it's just the way it is.  And it drives 80% of the offseason conversation on this board.

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Come on Book. It would suk a little.....admit it :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I thought it would suk when Savard was never coming back.  They won a Cup the following year.

Are you not entertained?!?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeti: 4.5 to 6 mill

[Quote]

At least quadrupling Soderberg's salary? He better score 30 goals because he's making just a cool million this year.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought it would suk when Savard was never coming back.  They won a Cup the following year.

[/QUOTE]

They had krecji then....signed and ready to step up. That helped

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You think of how to replace Krejci's 2011 and 2013 playoff performances. Something real special better come back. PC is usually already discussing a contract with a core players agent way before the current term ends. 

Moving Krejci would be a tougher call than moving Kessel and Seguin. Krejci can be virtually unstoppable when he gets rolling in the playoffs. You have the uncertainty of where the cap will end up next summer and having to let go of good role players go to fit Krejci's contract in next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You think of how to replace Krejci's 2011 and 2013 playoff performances. Something real special better come back. PC is usually already discussing a contract with a core players agent way before the current term ends. 

Moving Krejci would be a tougher call than moving Kessel and Seguin. Krejci can be virtually unstoppable when he gets rolling in the playoffs. You have the uncertainty of where the cap will end up next summer and having to let go of good role players go to fit Krejci's contract in next year.

I'd be OK with trading DK and Boychuk for Jack Johnson and Nick Foligno.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really? That seems a little light. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Man i hope you are joking.  I like foligno a lot for the 3rd line.  But i wouldnt give dk for both those guy.   JJ is just not that good imho

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Man i hope you are joking.  I like foligno a lot for the 3rd line.  But i wouldnt give dk for both those guy.   JJ is just not that good imho

[/QUOTE]
    I think JJ is a good defensemen signed to a decent contract for another 4 years. He had 33 points last year (career high of 42) along with 182 hits (more than any Bruins D-man) and 128 shot blocks. Foligno had 39 points (career high of 47) and added 210 hits. It would also free up 1.2M in cap space. DK and Boychuk are both in the last year of their deals. How much do you realistically think you can get back for them?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I think JJ is a good defensemen signed to a decent contract for another 4 years. He had 33 points last year (career high of 42) along with 182 hits (more than any Bruins D-man) and 128 shot blocks. Foligno had 39 points (career high of 47) and added 210 hits. It would also free up 1.2M in cap space. DK and Boychuk are both in the last year of their deals. How much do you realistically think you can get back for them?

[/QUOTE]

If that's it, I'd rather hold on to them for year and let them walk or trade their rights

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

Bruins need a MAJOR deal, to spice things up around here...

KREJCI / BOYCHUK / BARTKOWSKI / RASK / 2015 1ST ROUND PICK

To the Islanders, for...

TAVARES / OKPOSO / HALAK

Fills the RW hole and frees up 4M in cap space. And I really want Tavares :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BigBadnBruin's comment:

Bruins need a MAJOR deal, to spice things up around here...

KREJCI / BOYCHUK / BARTKOWSKI / RASK / 2015 1ST ROUND PICK

To the Islanders, for...

TAVARES / OKPOSO / HALAK

Fills the RW hole and frees up 4M in cap space. And I really want Tavares :)

Uh. It's certainly outside the box. I think the islanders would want more, and this certainly doesn't fit the bruins organizational philosophy

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think that's a steal for the Isles... giving Rask and Krejci NO WAY!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that's a steal for the Isles... giving Rask and Krejci NO WAY!!!

[/QUOTE]

Ufa to be David krejci, who I believed hasn't topped 70 points since his first full year, ufa to be second pairing d man boychuk. Really good goalie locked up, and a first round pick for a really good young winger, and one of the best scoring centers in the league, signed long term on the cheap, in his early 20s. Add Hamilton and wacey rabbit and they pick up the phone 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Can't let Krejci and Boychuk walk for nothing. Trading their rights doesn't net that much. If both players agents start hinting that they are going to test the market then PC will start working the phones.

I would want an established NHL RW and a high end center prospect for Krejci. For Boychuk I want an NHL forward for Soderberg in return.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"I want another Cup, therefore I want to see them trade their #1 center because the following year he will be a free agent."

When I clicked on this thread, I said out loud, "Oh this is going to be a gem."

It didn't disappoint.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Those JJ #s are better then i thought and i still like foligno.   To me our chances of winning a cup keeps fading as chara ages and we continue to lose talent.  Foligno JJ do not make us better imo.  I think it puts the BJ as legit contenders though.  Id entertain trading boychuk now.  Id be trying to trying to extend dk now.  

I dont think its horrible but i just dont think it makes us better.   And making this team win now is important

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

How does trading David Krejci and adding either Bjustad or Semin make this team better?

It is going to be a long month of August in here.

Sections
Shortcuts