Do Not Fire All Coaches!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Do Not Fire All Coaches!!!

Good thing I'm not the GM, huh boys?

Julien is really doing a great job.  He's making adjustments when they need to be made.  He's moving players around, keeping them pressing and not worring about anyone's feelings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Do Not Fire All Coaches!!!

And we can't complain about the PP when they don't have any!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ha. I was thinking the same.  The adjustments are being made and in general it seems like Torts is being out-coached by a healthy margin.

Admitting you're wrong is frowned upon here though.

They can still fire Ward.  The PP was terrible tonight, 0 for...oh...nevermind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I will give Julien credit, but, I think the team has found the zone (again) at the right time.

This is the same zone they were in during the last two months of 2011 and the first part of the year in January and part of February, 2013.

They know they can do it. And they know how to do it.

They will hook up with Penguin team without a goalie, and then move on to a western team that will be on it's last drop of gas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

So much for tuning the coach out.  CJ is doing great.  I admit it as well.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

PC was on NHL Live yesterday and said since CJ has been with the Bruins, only Babcock has more playoff victories in the entire league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He's given the rookie D's the go-ahead to jump into the play and pinch in the other team's end.  We saw Hamilton do it once in a while during the regular season.  Is this because he sees they have the speed to recover thus making us witness to another change in Julien's coaching philosophies?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

what about Geoff Ward for PP ?  NAH I guess not, Julien went on record stating it's the plays he draws up , designs that were successful 6 on 5 for 2 goals against the Leafs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Go ahead, schmo-ahead - he has the young guys playing really strong defense.  Physical, in good position, and making good plays with the puck.  That's good coaching.  Right now, they're playing Chara, two guys they picked up in minor league trades and coached into NHL players, and three rookies.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Look like Claude made some adjustments for the Rangers. Have we ever seen the Bruins defense, and not just Krug either, so mobile and joining the play?

I love the breakouts.

So far so so good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Go ahead, schmo-ahead - he has the young guys playing really strong defense.  Physical, in good position, and making good plays with the puck.  That's good coaching.  Right now, they're playing Chara, two guys they picked up in minor league trades and coached into NHL players, and three rookies.

Gotta love that they're not afraid to get in on the rush though, BB.  And wade deep into the Ranger end.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Look like Claude made some adjustments for the Rangers. Have we ever seen the Bruins defense, and not just Krug either, so mobile and joining the play?

I love the breakouts.

So far so so good.

McQuaid behind the net not once, but twice!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

How and why do you pay all those players in ny to trap.  I dont understand.  They have very mobile def.  they have fast skilled fwds.  They have high money talent in nash richards.  Let them play hockey.  Torts has to be axed.  With a goalie like the king you can risk more.  Its just stupid to play that way.  If they had big lumbering def a crapp goalie and nothing up front i could see it.  

Torts.  Keep coaching that way for one more gm.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

It's a whole lot easier to make line moves and changes when you have the players playing like a team !   Hats off to all !  3 down ,,,9 left. Keep the sleeves rolled up boys !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

A big adjustment from the regular season and especially in this series are the Bruin Defense pinching.  It's really helped the Bruins add pressure in the offensive zone and create so many chances.  Good work !

p.s. maybe it was the plan all along Wink  secret weapon

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Julien is really doing a great job.  He's making adjustments when they need to be made.  He's moving players around, keeping them pressing and not worring about anyone's feelings.

Same here NAS. I was firing then all as well with a game left in the season. But you gotta realize that the injuries to the backend kinda forced CJ to use the young guys, which he would have never done on his own. Watching these guys perform has probably opened his eyes and may alter the way he implements them for the remainder of his coaching career. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks. Wonder what's gonna happen when all are healthy?It's a good problem to have for sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

I'm glad you're not the gm as well.I always was and will always remain a fan of coach Julien. His system is very hard to play. In reality, it's probably too hard to play over the course of a season. The boys respect him, as does management. Anyone working for or under the leadership of such a person should consider themselves fortunate. The time will come when a new coach is needed for the good of the organization. But not now.

Yippie-PAILLE...Yippie-Yi-Yo...Ghost Riders in the Sky! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Cannot but admire the coaching at this point, and , more specifically, the play of the Merlot line including Thornton who I would usually give away, or pay someone to take him. Sticking up for Marchand was a solid play for Thornton and Claude, and blocking the goalie site lines as well as creating jumbles in the crease are what Thorny should have been doing during the year. Enough on all the applause for those who still remember the Philly series of a few years ago. What's wrong with these Rangers ? They don't have the capability to intimidate the Bruins. Callahan wants no part of McQ. Nash is getting testy and frustrated. Richards, so far, has been a no show.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Everyone on this board, including me at one time or another has wondered if Julien should be dismissed but so far he deserves huge props for his coaching and handling of this team. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The amount by which he's head and shoulders above Tortorella in this series is immeasureable. Tortorella reminds me of Pat Quinn: "We're gonna do things this way because that's how we do it" (although Tortorella at least tries to match lines, which Quinn often didn't do). And it's playing right into Julien's hands: he and the staff seem to be 3 steps ahead of the Rangers all the time.

Unless the Bruins come out and put up a stinker, I can't see how NYR gets a game. They're making this far too easy for Boston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

A big adjustment from the regular season and especially in this series are the Bruin Defense pinching.  It's really helped the Bruins add pressure in the offensive zone and create so many chances.  Good work !

p.s. maybe it was the plan all along Wink  secret weapon

Exactly. Good point made. Our D has been up in the offensive plays all playoffs. Its a huge part of why our team is winning. The down low work by the offense, pulls the rangers deep, leaving our defense open. Also, how many times has one of our fwds pulled up to by time and have a D come in for the pass and shot. The B's looked good last night. Real good. They just kept coming from the drop of the puck.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Everyone on this board, including me at one time or another has wondered if Julien should be dismissed but so far he deserves huge props for his coaching and handling of this team. 

The only complaint about Julien Ive ever thought and made, was the fact that he doesnt stray too far from his lines. It took him game 7 in the Toronto Series before moving Jagr and Seguin respectively. I sort of get it. Its been proving to work all year, but sometimes changes need to be made a little sooner. But this team isnt much different from the cup winning team, roster wise. So I never thought Julien was bad or should be fired.....It comes down to the players performing and executing the system. Shoot, they should all have no problem with the system. The majority have been playing it for 5-6 years now. They always blame the coach, in every sport, which I dont always agree with. Players have to take some responsibility for their own play or lack there of.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'd be ok if one coach was let go. Seguin's all like, "Nope, that's not gonna work either." Jagr's just dumbfounded. Chara's hoping Jagr has some good ideas. Bergeron's all cold stone "THIS guy with his dry erase board again." Classic.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

Being 10 minutes away from elimination and to come back and win that historic game will change you in a quick way. He might have bought himself some more time.

Mitch, no one cares what you think.  After all of the stuff you've posted about Chara, f off.