Do Not Fire All Coaches!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Do Not Fire All Coaches!!!

In response to stan17's comment:

Everyone on this board, including me at one time or another has wondered if Julien should be dismissed but so far he deserves huge props for his coaching and handling of this team. 

Not me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to asmaha's comment: I'd be ok if one coach was let go. Seguin's all like, "Nope, that's not gonna work either." Jagr's just dumbfounded. Chara's hoping Jagr has some good ideas. Bergeron's all cold stone "THIS guy with his dry erase board again." Classic.

Seguin looks like he just opened his eyes up, like Bergeron just whacked him to pay attention.

It also looks like Jagr is thinking "ahh that's not the hall-wall".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Everyone on this board, including me at one time or another has wondered if Julien should be dismissed but so far he deserves huge props for his coaching and handling of this team. 

Not me.

There have been a few on here who are not in this category. Not many though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Even if the Leafs would've won I don't think CJ would've been gone. Not with a short season, crazy sched & the plane breaking down. I think would've at least gotten him a pass for the 1st 20 games of 2013-14. The biggest thing that I hated, but I'm glad he does it. He uses his 4th line like a 3rd line & doesn't apologize for it. He see's what they bring. YES EVEN THORNTON! And it's paid off in the past & up to this point it's cashing in again. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

While everyone is doing the Phyllis Diller schtick, anyone willing to bet against these two propositions:

Before December of this year, there will be a surge of Fire Julien rhetoric based on the same 3-4 reasons we hear every year - lost the room/shelf life, PP stinks, not playing the young guys enough, too passive/defensive.

And when the most vocal proponents of the pink slip are confronted with "isn't he the guy who brought the Cup to Boston and found a way to integrate three rookies into his playoff blueline and still win (1 round/2 rounds/3 rounds/his second Cup)?", the argument in response will be "And if Reimer makes one more save in the final two minutes of game seven, or if the Leafs score in OT, he's the coach who blew two 3-1 leads and a 3-0 lead and he's fired before June."

See the lady at the window to place yer bets....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I'd like to think the players are the ones that have risen to the occassion the most here. I like Julien, but the players are the ones that mostly make/break games, and the Toronto game 7 seemed to be the turning point for this club. It sparked them. Very similar to the roll they got on in 2011 after coming back in the series against the Canadiens.

Would things be any different had Redden, Seids and Ference not gone down and the rookies stepped in (up)?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Exactly, Book.  The B's could win it all this year and "Fire CJ" threads will pop up before the twenty game mark of next season.  After all, if Horton doesn't score that OT winner vs Montreal in 2011, it would've been another one and done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Things are going good, folks are embracing the entire product.  What a difference an incredible Game 7 comeback and great start to the 2nd round make.

Still, pencil me in for firing CJ.  This team is proving that they have talent and should not have been so guardrail to guardrail during the season and in the first round. 

That said, they are going great, so CJ deserves to enjoy the credit along with the players.  This series is not over, nor do we know how the 2nd season will ultimately finish.  Stay tuned.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Things are going good, folks are embracing the entire product.  What a difference an incredible Game 7 comeback and great start to the 2nd round make.

Still, pencil me in for firing CJ.  This team is proving that they have talent and should not have been so guardrail to guardrail during the season and in the first round. 

That said, they are going great, so CJ deserves to enjoy the credit along with the players.  This series is not over, nor do we know how the 2nd season will ultimately finish.  Stay tuned.

I find that odd, Crowls, as a reason for firing a coach who has ultimately produced very good results.  We hear all the time that the Bruins are not the kind of talented team that Pittsburgh is or Detroit or Chicago - teams that look great on paper because they have Hart winners, Art Ross winners, point-game players over 82 games.  They went to the last game of the season with a shot at being the second seed in the East and having one of the top 5 records in the league in a silly season.  If talent was solely responsible, I'd have expected more from, well, the Rangers for starters, and the Lightning for another.

I can't imagine them firing Julien if they make the third round unless they go down horribly - sweep, blowouts in each game.  And listening to Lucic's respond to a quesiton from CBC about the consequences of losing to Toronto being a breakup of the core, I think the players want him back.  Maybe not glossy eyed and grinning, but they know.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

While everyone is doing the Phyllis Diller schtick, anyone willing to bet against these two propositions:

Before December of this year, there will be a surge of Fire Julien rhetoric based on the same 3-4 reasons we hear every year - lost the room/shelf life, PP stinks, not playing the young guys enough, too passive/defensive.

And when the most vocal proponents of the pink slip are confronted with "isn't he the guy who brought the Cup to Boston and found a way to integrate three rookies into his playoff blueline and still win (1 round/2 rounds/3 rounds/his second Cup)?", the argument in response will be "And if Reimer makes one more save in the final two minutes of game seven, or if the Leafs score in OT, he's the coach who blew two 3-1 leads and a 3-0 lead and he's fired before June."

The IFs are pretty large when it comes to the playoffs. One things for sure, if his players had tuned him out, those IFs would likely have been reality.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I find that odd, Crowls, as a reason for firing a coach who has ultimately produced very good results.  We hear all the time that the Bruins are not the kind of talented team that Pittsburgh is or Detroit or Chicago - teams that look great on paper because they have Hart winners, Art Ross winners, point-game players over 82 games.  They went to the last game of the season with a shot at being the second seed in the East and having one of the top 5 records in the league in a silly season.  If talent was solely responsible, I'd have expected more from, well, the Rangers for starters, and the Lightning for another.

I can't imagine them firing Julien if they make the third round unless they go down horribly - sweep, blowouts in each game.  And listening to Lucic's respond to a quesiton from CBC about the consequences of losing to Toronto being a breakup of the core, I think the players want him back.  Maybe not glossy eyed and grinning, but they know.

It took a historic 3rd period comeback to aviod the golf course.  Was that coaching, or the team finally going full-throttle attack mode and over-coming an inferior opponent? 

In the 2nd round, how much of what we are seeing is CJ's genius as compared Tortorella's weakness? 

I am not a CJ fan, no secret there.  I also know that he will be fired some day, no coach is immuned to that.  IMO, the team has not played to its capabilty with any level of consistency or urgency this year.  True, CJ has reached the pinnacle, a Stanley Cup championship.  He has also coached this team to two 1st round exits and one of the greatest collapses in sports history.  Have to take the good with the bad.  Things were really bad last week, they are really good now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Warm winds of playoffs have hit the waves of thought on BDC.  I have been in support of management through out the shorten year despite the erratic play.  BUT, I cannot lie or pontificate, I too was guilty of saying wt(flying)f is wrong with CJ?  His reliance on the defensive scheme was seemingly making certain players like Seguin lose confidence.  The Toronto series made me think, the players have lost loyalty to the system.  Then CJ hits a snag of epic porpotions, I need defensemen!  The playoff Providence Bruins hand over to deflated  system of the Bs a couple defenseman we all have been asking of the past few years.  Bingo CJ is now a genius, and the Bs are head manning the puck as the talent of the forwards dictates.  I love being wrong!  CJ is wicked smarrttt.  Until the kiddie corps of defenseman lose a game then we will think less of the cerebral Ference, the tough German, and the experienced Redman from stranger land.  Got to love fandom.   It reminds me of doing white water on the Androsogin River many years back win no helmet.....reckless and kinda dumb.  Cheers to all!  Win in four and move onto the ECF.  I love the feelling of winning! Do you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"found a way to integrate three rookies into his playoff blueline"

Not by choice but becuase of injuries to veterans. No way do they get intergrated without someone going down. Don't act like they got called up by choice, Julien was forced.

The players bailed Julien out in the 3rd period of game 7 against the Leafs. Carlyle out coached Julien all series long and it wouldn't have mattered, PC would have kept Claude.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"In the 2nd round, how much of what we are seeing is CJ's genius as compared Tortorella's weakness"

On point!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Not me.

There have been a few on here who are not in this category. Not many though.

Count me among them. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

That's a good post book.  What drives me nuts,... but also makes me laugh,... while keeping me somewhat arguably grounded......is the fact that despite his entire body of work.......everything that's hapenned since opening day 2010........................

2 goals are seperating Claude Julien from his current position as coach of the NHL's Boston Bruins, from the most probable reality, of having virtually no shot at Bantam A  gig  Northern Saskatchewan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This will always be true, steve.  Nature of the beast.  Best coach in the world can look like a fool on a couple of brain cramps at the wrong time by a goalie.

Crowls, I don't really have an issue with what you're saying, and yeah, CJ's day will come.  But I look at Alain Vigneault on the unemployment line because his teams didn't execute in the playoffs, especially after they lost their best shot at a Cup, and then I compare CJ post-Philly collapse.  They've lost one playoff series since, won one Cup and on the verge of six playoff series, and as people on the board have pointed out, they were one OT goal from winning the one series they lost, too.  I'm not bothered by consistency over the course of the season.  The Bruins have had great, consistent teams over the last 30 years who didn't find an extra gear in the playoffs.  The Bruins have frequently found that gear under Julien - they got their scoring touch in time to beat the Sabres in 2010, even.

SanDog - nope, not by choice, but once the need was established, he has made good decisions on how to use the kids, who to pair them with, and he has to get some credit for getting them ready and for the fact they're playing great defense.  And I'm fine with that.  I think the onus is on the kids to take spots from Ference, Seidenberg and Redden.  They've probably taken two of the three for sure.  The only other thing to add is that integrating Boychuk and McQuaid was by design and through good coaching; not a frying pan --> fire thing like this, but evidence that CJ can bring along D prospects pretty well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"found a way to integrate three rookies into his playoff blueline"

Not by choice but becuase of injuries to veterans. No way do they get intergrated without someone going down. Don't act like they got called up by choice, Julien was forced.

The players bailed Julien out in the 3rd period of game 7 against the Leafs. Carlyle out coached Julien all series long and it wouldn't have mattered, PC would have kept Claude.

My feelings as well, except I believe that CJ would have been gone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Add to the list " IF the Bruins hadn't made a great third period comeback".

See ^^^^^ posts above.

Edit: Add the players "bailed out" Julien also. When the Bruins win, Julien gets bailed out and outcoached. When they lose he needs to be fired.

The cycle of hate for this guy never ends. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Count me among them. 

Me too. I have faith in the way he coaches.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"who to pair them with, and he has to get some credit for getting them ready and for the fact they're playing great defense."

Well Julien really hasn't much time to work with both of them so not so sure about getting them ready, they played for Cassidy all year. And again Julien had no choice but to put both them, and Hamilton, with veterans...none. There never has been any doubt that Julien can prepare his teams to play well defensively.

This will bode and need to be in play against the depth of Pittsburghs forwards.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Truth is he's excellent in some areas, and not so good in other. Sprinkle in great personnel decisions by Chiarelli, and we get what we get: a top-5 team that has a shot at the Cup every year.

Yes, Julien seems to have a lack of urgency in the regular season, but flip that around and it can be considered even-temperedness and consistency that works well in the playoffs.

He doesn't seem to give the new kids much of a leash, but in the playoffs it's a proven asset to have experience over talent.

He doesn't make a ton of in-game adjustments, but that could also be a blessing in disguise. It's not easy for a player at this level to have new linemates. Chemistry is important - even if things aren't clicking offensively, at least you can count on where your guy is going to be in defensive zone coverage.

So in all...some of the things that drive us nutty and make for really tough watching during the season might be the exact things a team needs to win a string of 7-game series.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

It took a historic 3rd period comeback to aviod the golf course.  Was that coaching, or the team finally going full-throttle attack mode and over-coming an inferior opponent? 

In the 2nd round, how much of what we are seeing is CJ's genius as compared Tortorella's weakness? 

I am not a CJ fan, no secret there.  I also know that he will be fired some day, no coach is immuned to that.  IMO, the team has not played to its capabilty with any level of consistency or urgency this year.  True, CJ has reached the pinnacle, a Stanley Cup championship.  He has also coached this team to two 1st round exits and one of the greatest collapses in sports history.  Have to take the good with the bad.  Things were really bad last week, they are really good now.

He also helped be the only team reach the 2nd rd in 4 of the last 5 seasons. Tied for having the most series wins. In this type of league I think that's something that needs to hold some water.