Do Not Jump on the" Trade Marchand" Bandwagon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Do Not Jump on the" Trade Marchand" Bandwagon

The kid has way too much upside from a skill perspective and fits in perfectly with his linemates.  Yea, he's had a playoff scoring drought and takes some dumb azz penalties, but the B's need to keep the Cup winning core together for AT LEAST one more year.  Let him mature and work his way out of this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Do Not Jump on the

I certainly won't Hang. I'll actually be surprised if he's moved. He had a bad year and still scored 25 goals. He'll only improve moving forward.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How much upside does he have?  I doubt he's going to get better.  He's been in the league long enough.  I think we've seen his best.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How much upside does he have?  I doubt he's going to get better.  He's been in the league long enough.  I think we've seen his best.

[/QUOTE]

Players improve after his age all the time. Steen is a perfect example.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Depends on what PC trades him for?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Steen sure did have a big year.  I loved it because you know it burned Leafs fans.

I'm not sure if he improved or just had a big year.  We'll have to wait and see what happens this coming season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Steen sure did have a big year.  I loved it because you know it burned Leafs fans.

I'm not sure if he improved or just had a big year.  We'll have to wait and see what happens this coming season.

[/QUOTE]

Learning the game goes a long ways for many players. I also remember how long it took Markus Naslund to take off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think most of the talk surrounding Marchand is more about the Bruins cap issues and not really his skill level or lack there of. The Bruins need more quick, elusive playmaking forwards like Marchand. Chiarelli needs to fill a spot on Krejci's line and Soderberg's line but negating Marchand would add another issue.

Brad's problem was he wasn't freeing himself in the slot like he usually does, typically that means he was trying to do things he doesn't normally do. A few Bruins forwards got frustrated with the trap the Shabs were playing and got out of their game.

Reached his peak ? No flippin way. That is dumb!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Like I said on the thread I started, I'm not into trading him because I don't like his talent or even being  pest.  The kid is a marked man by the league in Bruins jersey. Game7 proved this and it had been going on all season.

As a fan of Marchand I think he needs a fresh start. He will never get the benefit of the doubt with the Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

The Bruins were noticeably slower with Iginla & Eriksson subbing for Seguin & Peverley.

Don't know if they would want to get even slower, by moving Marchand.

I would rather see Eriksson & a d-man moved for a player like a Chris Kreider speed/skill guy, rather than trade Marchand.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

why does everyone think if they trade Marchand they get slower ?  he's the fastest player in the NHL now ?  what if they get someone as fast or faster ?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to BigBadnBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Bruins were noticeably slower with Iginla & Eriksson subbing for Seguin & Peverley.

Don't know if they would want to get even slower, by moving Marchand.

I would rather see Eriksson & a d-man moved for a player like a Chris Kreider speed/skill guy, rather than trade Marchand.

[/QUOTE]

You hit it right on the nose. By trading their 2 fastest players the B's played right into the Habs hands. It was ok during the slow paced regular season but come playoff hockey they had no breakaway threats on the team so the Habs didn't have to look behind them like we did every game. It's too bad for Marchand and B's but the days of playing dirty and drawing penalties which we all loved in the Vancouver series are over and he is rightfully a marked man by all the refs he made a fool of over the last couple years. Trading Louis a 10 goal scorer is not an option . You'd have to throw in Hamilton to get Kreider and that ain't going to happen.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

why does everyone think if they trade Marchand they get slower ?  he's the fastest player in the NHL now ?  what if they get someone as fast or faster ?

[/QUOTE]

No. But he is the fastest Bruins player.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I like the agitation that he is able to bring to the other team. Shaw for the Hawks, Cal Clutterbuck, Antoine Roussel with Dallas, Steve Ott, Gallagher in Montreal can increase the blood pressure of who they play. One of the many Leaf drawbacks sighted by media heads up here this season was them not having Leo Komarov. Keep Marchand.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

This is a player who really could benefit from a sport psychology. His down periods cause really bad team outcomes. Talented player, love his skating, handle and shot; could become an all star if he stays focused on winning hockey.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Personally, I don't see PC actively shopping Marchand but if a good offer came up I think he would jump all over it. Let's be honest, the guy hasn't scored in 20 playoff games, had his share of bad giveaways, and was a penalty magnet. That is not a good mix for a guy who is supposed to be a seasoned playoff vet. In short, he was a factor in the series, but a negative rather than positive one. His moves are predictable and the refs have him on the shortest of leashes. He needs to seriously work on his game this summer....

And the whole "we will not get anyone better back" is pure conjecture. Look at the Seguin trade....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the agitation that he is able to bring to the other team. Shaw for the Hawks, Cal Clutterbuck, Antoine Roussel with Dallas, Steve Ott, Gallagher in Montreal can increase the blood pressure of who they play. One of the many Leaf drawbacks sighted by media heads up here this season was them not having Leo Komarov. Keep Marchand.

[/QUOTE]

The issue with it is that Marchand doesn't play that style every game.  He only brings it out when he feels it necessary.  In my view, that makes it more like an act, so it's easier for the other team to deal with when it happens.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Rats usually wear their welcome out and need to move on.  I certainly dont think we have to trade him.  In the right deal i would listen for sure.  Lots of teams would love to have him.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]

I certainly won't Hang. I'll actually be surprised if he's moved. He had a bad year and still scored 25 goals. He'll only improve moving forward.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

25 goals with little to no PP time.  CJ needs to change that. 

He is also +115 over the past 4 seasons. 

I hope they don't move him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JMW...  UR KIDDING...RIGHT? 

[/QUOTE]

If the right deal came along why not?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts