Do these guys want to play for each other or not?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Do these guys want to play for each other or not?

That's really what it comes down to. They have the talent, do they have the drive?  We'll find out soon enough.  A few lucky bounces will help too.  Montreal has had the bulk of those this series.  Change starts tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Do these guys want to play for each other or not?

In Response to Do these guys want to play for each other or not?:
    [QUOTE]That's really what it comes down to. They have the talent, do they have the drive?  We'll find out soon enough.  A few lucky bounces will help too.  Montreal has had the bulk of those this series.  Change starts tonight.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Halfway through game 1 my dad said to me that "The bruins are going to lose 3 and then win 4, watch it"

Im betting on they lose tonight and someone like Marchand/Horton/Lucic snaps in the third period and finally gets this team's head into this sh!t.

After that bruins win next 4 games in close fashion to eradicate teh demons of last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Do these guys want to play for each other or not?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Do these guys want to play for each other or not? : Halfway through game 1 my dad said to me that "The bruins are going to lose 3 and then win 4, watch it" Im betting on they lose tonight and someone like Marchand/Horton/Lucic snaps in the third period and finally gets this team's head into this sh!t. After that bruins win next 4 games in close fashion to eradicate teh demons of last year.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I don't know ILH, I think a loss tonight sinks them even further into despair...they really need this game to get some swagger going for them.  Overall, I don't think the Habs have outplayed them by any stretch, but they've been able to capitalize and we haven't.  Listen to Tortarella's postgame interview on NHL.com from yesterday.  He says they didn't do anything differently from the first 2 games, they just got some good bounces around the net and were able to score.  That's exactly what the B's need to happen tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do these guys want to play for each other or not? : I don't know ILH, I think a loss tonight sinks them even further into despair...they really need this game to get some swagger going for them.  Overall, I don't think the Habs have outplayed them by any stretch, but they've been able to capitalize and we haven't.  Listen to Tortarella's postgame interview on NHL.com from yesterday.  He says they didn't do anything differently from the first 2 games, they just got some good bounces around the net and were able to score.  That's exactly what the B's need to happen tonight.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

I think good teams manufacture their own lucky breaks and bounces.  Instead of bearing down and battling harder, we have allowed the Habs to outhustle and outwork us - simply put, up till now, they've simply wanted it more.  

Here's hoping Game III brings a change in attitude (and results), but....the man who has put his persona on this team is a stand-pat, steady-as-she-goes, stay the course kinda guy.  Know what the definition of insanity is?  Repeating the same behaviour(s) over and over again while expecting different results.  That's Claude in a nutshell, and I naively kept waiting for him to do something, ANYthing, to try and shake things up a bit, change the momentum and get the boys going.

Jeeebus, call a timeout, throw Rask out there to start the 3rd(Game II), shuffle your lines, restrict ice time, shorten your bench, double-shift your best guys to try and get a goal and get back in it, make some roster tweaks for Game II....don't just throw your arms in the air and look around with a bewildered look on your face while this horror show unfolds and we fall into a 0-2 hole heading into Montreal.  Show me your an NHL coach, ffs.

Do I think these guys want to play for each other?  Yes, I do.  But I am becoming more and more convinced that they do NOT want to play for this coach....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do these guys want to play for each other or not? : I think good teams manufacture their own lucky breaks and bounces.  Instead of bearing down and battling harder, we have allowed the Habs to outhustle and outwork us - simply put, up till now, they've simply wanted it more.   Here's hoping Game III brings a change in attitude (and results), but....the man who has put his persona on this team is a stand-pat, steady-as-she-goes, stay the course kinda guy.  Know what the definition of insanity is?  Repeating the same behaviour(s) over and over again while expecting different results.  That's Claude in a nutshell, and I naively kept waiting for him to do something, ANYthing, to try and shake things up a bit, change the momentum and get the boys going. Jeeebus, call a timeout, throw Rask out there to start the 3rd(Game II), shuffle your lines, restrict ice time, shorten your bench, double-shift your best guys to try and get a goal and get back in it, make some roster tweaks for Game II....don't just throw your arms in the air and look around with a bewildered look on your face while this horror show unfolds and we fall into a 0-2 hole heading into Montreal.  Show me your an NHL coach, ffs. Do I think these guys want to play for each other?  Yes, I do.  But I am becoming more and more convinced that they do NOT want to play for this coach....
    Posted by CelticBear68[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of your post but honestly, the Candiens haven't even really employed their game plan yet.  They have scored quickly in both games and set up their trap the rest of the way.  They haven't had to focus on creating offense, although I give them credit for capitalizing on the few chances that were handed to them on a silver platter.

As far as CJ goes, if the team doesn't want to play for him then fine.  Act like a pro and do your job and have your teammates back on every shift.  It's that simple.