Do you guys realize....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

Do you guys realize....

That with wins against Boston and Buffalo recently, Toronto is 6 points back from the 8th seed. What the hell. I know their schedule gets a lot tougher for the remainder of the season, but damn, Bruins need to take care of business every time they play this team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Do you guys realize....

That loss to Toronto could mean losing out on a top 5 pick

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Very unfortunate indeed. But all teams get hot and cold throughout the season. Toronto is definitely hot right now, but I expect them to cool off for two reasons: their schedule gets harder and they're actively trying to shed talent (calling it quits). I don't think they have the character in the room (starting with Wilson, but including Kessel, Phaneuf, Komisarek, Grabovsky) to keep putting in 100% once they lose a couple more, lose more talent, and the playoff dream evaporates.

Additionally, NJ is hot. They are like 8 points back (of TO) but they've turned a corner. Kovalchuk is scoring, they're playing defense, and they've won 13/15 or something. Since they aren't really sellers, I wouldn't be surprised to see them catch Toronto. NYI has a chance, too, as it appears their young guys are catching on now. Florida worries me, and always has. Hopefully they get lucky or something and can pass the Leafs (I think they have games on hand).

Buffalo and Carolina are too good and consistent for TO to make a legitimate move on them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

By most accounts I've read this years draft is weaker than most recent years.  Its' going to get moved regardless, but you guys are right, the percieved value gets diminished with each TOR pt.  If it falls out of the lottery watch out!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Do you guys realize....:
    By most accounts I've read this years draft is weaker than most recent years.  Its' going to get moved regardless, but you guys are right, the percieved value gets diminished with each TOR pt.  If it falls out of the lottery watch out!
    Posted by CamOJonasink

You're right about the strength of this year's draft class. The flip side, interestingly, is that there is a higher chance this year than any other in the past that the best player available will be drafted in the 7-10 range.

Team needs, perceived weakeness of players, preference for style will be huge for this year's selections, so even if we pick at 7, who knows, we may get the best of the bunch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

In Response to Re: Do you guys realize....:
    In Response to Re: Do you guys realize.... : You're right about the strength of this year's draft class. The flip side, interestingly, is that there is a higher chance this year than any other in the past that the best player available will be drafted in the 7-10 range. Team needs, perceived weakeness of players, preference for style will be huge for this year's selections, so even if we pick at 7, who knows, we may get the best of the bunch.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

I agree with that.  I do believe we have a stacked barn though and it may be time to see what the current prospects can do (next season: Hamill, Caron and maybe Colbourne, Arniel and Knight).  It will eventually be too expensive to sign or re-sign a slew of young guys who were high draft choices.  They've got to, and obviously can, move their current selections to have more immediate dividends.

Sections
Shortcuts