Do you hate Andrew Ference?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Do you hate Andrew Ference?

In Response to Re: Do you hate Andrew Ference?:
    WOW!  REALLY!?  Ference is MUCH better overall than Stuart.  I LOVED Stuart for his physical play, but thats really all he offered.  Stuart isnt a $2mil D-man.  Id say Ference is a $2mil man, Stuart a $1.2-$1.7 at most.  I think we can all agree though that d-men are way overpaid in general.
    Posted by bigvig

I agree with you as well. Stuart was overpaid for a third pairing defenceman. He became expendable once McQuaid and his 525K salary offered the same style as Mark. Then it was bye bye.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL Chowdah !  I wasn't talking about you.

Seems like the first to get rested tonight is Boychuk with Kampfer in the lineup (as per Bruins Blog).
    Hopefully Ference on Saturday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ference v. Stuart has to come up Ference.  Stuart just doesn't think the game well enough.  Physically, he's miles ahead, but he just doesn't play as smart as he needs to to take advantage of his physical gifts.  He's a very useful defenseman - and he can be very noticeable when doing something good so don't get me wrong - but today, I'd take Ference.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Andrew Ference?:
    What makes Ference a "bandaid" as opposed to the other defensmen?  I don't understand that.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Sure dmen get injured but that remark was for AF not other dmen.  The contract he signed was when he was playing portions of the year.  I think they easily could have waited and signed him for less.  In fact last years UFA pool all were waiting for last minute signings.  Ference has played well this year.  But he was given a contract that wasnt earned.  However, I believe he is earning his money this year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

"Stuart just doesn't think the game well enough."

Not sure I'm buying that. When Ference is playing his worst, he makes the ill-timed pinch in the offensive zone without a thought to see if any of the forwards have rotated up high. The inevitable odd-man rush soon follows. The big difference this year is that he hasn't done this near as often as he did last year.

Ference is no better than average in any area. If he was making $1mil, no one could complain.

Sections
Shortcuts