Do you hate Julien?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Do you hate Julien?

Too bad.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401294

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Do you hate Julien?

but that is your opinion. give me one damn fact that, in comparison to other bruins coaches, that cj has underperformed in the playoffs.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : In 09 they should have coasted to the conference finals vs the cains but they couldn't seem to get the puck out of their defensive end for lots of times during the series and had they lost to the pens that wouldn't have been shocking at all and I wouldn't have felt like they under achieved but to lose to the cains was just unacceptable. 10 when you have a 3-0 series lead you should be able to win one more game and ice a series and when you lead game 7 3-0 at home you should win no excuses . I am not so sure they would have beat the habs the next round montreal beat two very good teams to get there but the bruins should have gotten there. Wish we would have got to find out who would have won that series. 12 Should have beaten the caps in the first round home ice to boot and lost. I wish the bruins would win the cup every year but its not realistic. My only playoff expectation is to win the series that you should win more often than not. In my opinion this hasn't happened under claude.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]

yes. because cam ward is a useless keeper, the b's never lost three of their top six scorers, and the caps never set a record for most blocked shots in a series.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : Where did I say in comparison to other bruins coaches claude has under performed? I am judging only claude. Here is one fact for you Tim Thomas minimum 20 games played has the highest career save percentage in nhl playoffs history. With this all time historicaly great goalie claude could only get by the second round one time. http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-goalies-all-time-playoff-save-percentage-leaders.html Also before you accuse me of saying tim thomas is the best playoff goalie ever not saying that but the numbers show he is one of the best.

That was sarcasm you twit. So, answer me this one question - who is a better coach in Bruins history? Give me an imperical argument. You don't like Julien? Great. Give me some damn facts as to who in the history of this franchise has a better winning percentage in either the playoffs or the regular season.  Oh, well, CJ had TT. Oh well. TT will never make the HHOF (no way in hell), whereas the other five coaches who won the cup for the Bruins had HHOF keepers. In fact, each of the other coaches to win the Bruins the Cup had a minimum of four hall of famers.You have no ground to stand on.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

But you have no FACTS. Thomas's save percentage and GAA had nothing to do with  CJ's defensive strategy? It was all Thomas? Give me a FACT! Prove your point.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ok here's a fact, during the 2011 stanley cup run the Bruins, though Thomas faced the the most shots ever, he faced the least amount of shots from within 25 feet of any goalie to play more than 20 games in the last 45 years. It was CJ's strategy to force shots from the perimeter and clog the shooting lanes that gave TT that great save percentage and GAA. He had a great percentage because he faced low percentage shots. That is due to coaching. Yes TT was great, but he would not have had his same success under a different coaching strategy.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

you asked me for a fact and then ignored it. why am i still talking to you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : I don't know what more I can say to you to tell you why I think CJ has underperformed in the playoffs in my opinion.

If Julien didn't have a Cup championship on his resume I might be inclined to agree with you.  You seem to be looking at his entire body of work in the playoffs by including the Philly series and losing to Carolina several years ago as if they were somehow the defining moments of his post-season legacy.  They are significant portions of his and the team's history but I don't see them as being on the same level as the Cup. 

For me the 2011 Cup reduced every frustrating loss the Bruins have had over the years to literally nothing.  I don't think about them losing to the Flyers anymore than I think of the Oilers beating them in the '88 Finals to his being canned by NJ near the end of the season years ago.  The Cup that he coached the Bruins to saw to that. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

answer me this. Who made the decison to start Thomas?
    Who made the decion to change pairings and play Chara with Seids?
    Who brought Seguin into the lineup?
    Who put Ryder out there in double service in OT?

PS your statistical fact did not consider my fact in terms of shot distance. he had great stats. why? Because of Cj's strategy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : I still feel the sting of bruins loses in my life but what can I say I have a long memory. The cup does mean alot no doubt but just because of it its not fair to second guess the other years or feel they under achieved in the other seasons?

I'm struggling to follow the rationale you provide.  Second-guessing is after the fact of it all.  We can all suggest they should have won the series vs the Canes and Flyers but that's revisionist history.  For me the Cup made up for those losses and renewed my faith in Julien.  I'd probably have a different opinion if the Bruins under his leadership continued to come up empty in the playoffs - but they haven't.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

what kid? seidenberg is a kid? what the holy hell are you talking about?

God, can I just go back to talking to Book, NAS, Dez, Fletch, 49, Kennedey, ipot, RHO, BadHab, CO, San, et al... basically anyone other than you? When it comes to hockey, my cat has a better understanding.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

you're right.

This post is hidden because you are ignoring bosbruins2011cup

life is much better now.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts