Do you hate Julien?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Do you hate Julien?

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien?:
    In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : I have never bounced for a strip club it might not be a bad part time gig though but I heard the strippers up there only look good 12 beers in. I wouldn't say its great to throw stuff on the ice but when people throw down their hard earned dollars to watch gutless atheltes who get paid millions playing a game and the players don't give effort then I can honestly say I don't have a problem if fans throw things on the ice.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup

Taking the stance of the "hard earned dollars they can do anything they want" is an opinion that is outdated, childish and ridiculous. You are repeating the thoughts of an imbecile ( LucicMilan17) and not thinking for yourself when it comes to throwing things on the ice.

P.S. The strippers would most likely have to throw down more then 12 beers before you would look good to them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : I like CJ but to play devil's advocate here, if the B's are one and done again in the 2013 playoffs will your position change or will we as fans still be content with living in 2011?
    Posted by jmwalters

If the Red Wings are one and done again should they do something with Mike Babcock or just change up the roster ?

Complaining about the coach when the players on the ice aren't good enough seems a bit redundant when it comes to Bruins fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : I like CJ but to play devil's advocate here, if the B's are one and done again in the 2013 playoffs will your position change or will we as fans still be content with living in 2011?
    Posted by jmwalters

I'll take living in 2011 with the understanding of how hard it is to find good coaches that give teams a chance to compete for the cup every year. 

The model of the Detroit Red Wings is a good one. Mike Babcock's teams have not achieved in the playoffs lately. Ken Holland knows how good a coach Babcock is. 

Holland is not living in the past with Babcock's past cup wins. He just knows the difference between having the players to get the job done because of not being good enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Ok, let me ask this another way. Name a Bruins coach in the last 60 years who has had more playoff success than CJ?
    Posted by red75

Harry Sinden!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : Bad example Bowness led the Bruins to the Eastern Conference Finals without Cam Neely. Can't blame Rick cause his successor Brian Sutter got swept the very next year in the 1st round with the same team and Neely.  Feel better now that your history lesson has been corrected ? Back to the subject Julien deserved the extension. Fletch and other Bruins fans, such as myself, have every right to criticize a coach at times then turn around and give them praise when they see a coach has corrected repeated mistakes. Coach Julien is not the same coach as he was from 2008 to 2010 so he gets the extension. If Horton didn't score against the Canadiens in 2011 Claude would be an assistant somewhere nowhere near Boston.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

No I do not. They were swept by the Pens with Bowness taking a hike never to grace the Bruins again with his barely above .500 record as a coach for them. 

And be my guest to complain.

I also have the right to comment on your statements that are irrational. Your make-believe comments ( if, and or but scenarios ) have been listened to before regarding Julien. 

He is not the same coach as back then because of having different players. Do you ever consider that coaches make up game plans that suits the talent they presently coach ? 

P.S. Since you are in tune with if and or but scenarios if Julien gets fired are you saying that he won't be a head coach for another team ? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

I don't hate Julien but he does have certain limitations, his strength is on the defensive side and getting his players to play two-way hockey, however, as we all know he is not strong on the offensive side as depicted by the ineptness of their powerplay.

If he can get an assistant coach that strength is on setting up the offense and movement on the powerplay we might all feel pretty good about the team over the next few years with the current core.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I don't hate Julien but he does have certain limitations, his strength is on the defensive side and getting his players to play two-way hockey, however, as we all know he is not strong on the offensive side as depicted by the ineptness of their powerplay. If he can get an assistant coach that strength is on setting up the offense and movement on the powerplay we might all feel pretty good about the team over the next few years with the current core.
    Posted by Soxdog67

You can't be serious. Julien is in charge of the powerplay? And all this time I thought it was Ward.

So apparently he's not good on the offesive side of the game despite icing the BEST 5 on 5 hockey team in the league over at least the past 2 season as far as goal differential is concerned. Oh that's not even taking into consideration that the Bruins were a top 5 offensive team over the past couple season either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : Bowness did a better job with a Neely-less Bruins than his successor that is a Fact. Bowness took an 84 point team to the Eastern Conference Finals then lost to the eventual, very talented Cup winner without his star player more FACTS. Again bad example to compare Rick to Julien, Claude took 4 years to get a very talented hockey club to a conference finals, Bowness did it in one year with rookies fresh off the 92' Olympics. Nice try attempting to frame your reply as if i don't know what I am talking about. If the Bruins didn't win game 7 against the Canadiens, Julien would just now be working his way back as an assistant then eventually a head coach that I admit. Again Julien deserves the extension but if not for Horton TWICE he would be shopping his resume as I am typing. PS. You should stay away from call out threads they are not you, as we've seen in the past.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Is there a poster who replies with more "if" scenarios then you regarding Julien. Nope ! None of this ^^^^( Horton not scoring ) happened !

P.S. Name the teams Bowness worked for raising banners after he was head coach ?

Quoting the nonsense of you-know-who ?

Quite comical coming from you. Should I tell you to lay off the booze like he tells you to ? I guess that must be true too. Glug, glug .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? :  P.S. Name the teams Bowness worked for raising banners after he was head coach ?   Posted by Chowdahkid-

Oh are we moving along to Julien and Bowness non-Bruins coaching records now  ? Thought you might try another diversion off the facts I presented you. Bowness did a better job in BOSTON ONE YEAR than Julien and had less talent to do it with. Nothing "if scenario" about it, took Bowness one year to get to the Eastern Conference finals but it took Claude FOUR years to barely get there.

You should know all about quoting you know who and as you chased him around then got chased off by him. Good one reverting to calling someone a drunk after they answered your questions.

You failed on comparing Rick Bowness's tenure in Boston to Julien's and you know it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's not easy to talk about Bowness since he only had the one run, but just to put the numbers out there he had a .533 percentage in the playoffs, CJ has a .571 percentage.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's not easy to talk about Bowness since he only had the one run, but just to put the numbers out there he had a .533 percentage in the playoffs, CJ has a .571 percentage. Posted by red75

Overall through Bowness's career ? or just in Boston ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

This is silly. 

Why would anyone hate CJ. Do you know him? Did he do something to you that makes you say you hate him? He won a Cup for Pete's Sake. Good enough for me. I'd been waiting for almost 40 yrs, so I hae no problem with him. He got the job done with what he had to work with. 

Now, if you stated that you dislike his approach to coaching, and explained why, then we have a talking point, but hate? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : Overall through Bowness's career ? or just in Boston ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Both actually, in his 9 seasons as a head coach his only trip to the playoffs was with Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : You can't be serious. Julien is in charge of the powerplay? And all this time I thought it was Ward. So apparently he's not good on the offesive side of the game despite icing the BEST 5 on 5 hockey team in the league over at least the past 2 season as far as goal differential is concerned. Oh that's not even taking into consideration that the Bruins were a top 5 offensive team over the past couple season either.
    Posted by lambda13

Are u serious - fortunately he has some talent in the front lines that can put the puck in the net, but he is NOT an offensive genius - the 5 on 5 ratio is a combination of the team's defense first attitude along with some talented players that can play both ways effectively.

The team's weakness is in man advantage situations..and if Julien is expecting Ward to handle this fully without his input than Ward should be given the door and someone with more power play expertise should be brought in.

When the B's have lost it's because they stopped scoring...it has not been about the defense or goaltending.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : Oh are we moving along to Julien and Bowness non-Bruins coaching records now  ? Thought you might try another diversion off the facts I presented you. Bowness did a better job in BOSTON ONE YEAR than Julien and had less talent to do it with. Nothing "if scenario" about it, took Bowness one year to get to the Eastern Conference finals but it took Claude FOUR years to barely get there. You should know all about quoting you know who and as you chased him around then got chased off by him. Good one reverting to calling someone a drunk after they answered your questions. You failed on comparing Rick Bowness's tenure in Boston to Julien's and you know it.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I thought it was just obvious to everyone who has had the better career as a Bruin's coach in the last 40 year's or so. I guess winning a cup doesn't mean anything for some.

Comparing Bowness's tenure with the Bruins and Julien's in the same breath. Very silly. This is the ultimate in hating Julien. 

Thanks for answering the title of the thread without giving a yes or no ( although the question was asked in jest ). It definitely hit a nerve.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : Yes and a lot of other factors in there as well. Lets not forget, if they did end up advancing they would have had a tough time with all the injuries they had substained.
    Posted by kelvana33

yes and maybe the Habs would have made it to the SCF.
    Happy with the extension.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : I thought it was just obvious to everyone who has had the better career as a Bruin's coach in the last 40 year's or so. I guess winning a cup doesn't mean anything for some. Comparing Bowness's tenure with the Bruins and Julien's in the same breath. Very silly. This is the ultimate in hating Julien.  Thanks for answering the title of the thread without giving a yes or no ( although the question was asked in jest ). It definitely hit a nerve.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

The closest to Julien as having success for me is Don Cherry.  If it weren't for some bad luck and his timing to run into those Habs I think he could have won a cup. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? :  Comparing Bowness's tenure with the Bruins and Julien's in the same breath. Very silly. This is the ultimate in hating Julien.  Posted by Chowdahkid-

What is obvious is Julien is a better coach when you compare both careers. You threw in Bowness so I can only compare how they did as Bruins coaches which is what you meant in your reply to Fletch. What is not silly is it took Claude four years to do what Bowness in one with less talent.

Maybe next time you throw in a gotcha replay to someone that dares criticizes Sir Claude you won't be to offended when given facts back. Somehow I think you will, who knows maybe you won't throw call out threads up anymore.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

bowness and CJ does seem like an odd comparison, but here are the numbers anyway
    Bowness - one and only season - 8-7, .533
    CJ season 1 - 3-4, .429
    season 2 - 7-4, .636
    season 3 - 7-6, .538
    season 4 - 16-9, .640
    season 5 - 3-4, .429

You talk about Bowness and making it to the Conf. Finals with less talent, but when the B's went down to the Flyers, CJ was without Savard, Sturm and Krejci much if not all the way, and ended up with only one win less (Bowness got swept in the third round) and a better percentage.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : Are u serious - fortunately he has some talent in the front lines that can put the puck in the net, but he is NOT an offensive genius - the 5 on 5 ratio is a combination of the team's defense first attitude along with some talented players that can play both ways effectively. The team's weakness is in man advantage situations..and if Julien is expecting Ward to handle this fully without his input than Ward should be given the door and someone with more power play expertise should be brought in. When the B's have lost it's because they stopped scoring...it has not been about the defense or goaltending.
    Posted by Soxdog67

Yes I am absolutely serious. Of course he's a defense first coach. But he is a defense to offense coach. Where did I say he was an offensive genius? If he is such a bad offensive coach how did the Bruins manage to be top 5 in scoring so easily? Their god given talent at putting the puck in the net? If our team is so good at doing that why is everyone asking for us to go get an elite goal scorer? Why would we need to add Parise, Nash, or Ryan? According to you our team is full of those types! Can you name any PROVEN bona-fide scoring threats that is a lock for 30 goals a season? I say proven because it is possible that Seguin might become one, but has not yet, Lucic did it once, Bergeron did it once, and Horton once.

This I agree with you on, Ward needs to be shown the door, or at least turn over his PP duties to someone more capable of running it than he. It has been atrocious for a few years now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : You lost me. The year after the Yankees choked away a 3-0 lead on the Sox, (2005) the Chicago White Sox won the World Series.  The Yankees didn't win another one until 2009. So, incorrect nit-picking aside, I'm not sure what your point is.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Looks like I goofed on my nit-picking. My point was what I originally highlitghed. A team can come back from a choke job.

I made that point in Yahoo's PuckDaddy a few yeas ago, when the Bruins chocked agaist the Flyers, using the Yankees as an example of a choke job team coming back ... that was when over a 1,000 Yahoo Puck Daddy readers were assuring everybody that the Bruins were headed for a downward spiral for many years).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Do you hate Julien? : If the Red Wings are one and done again should they do something with Mike Babcock or just change up the roster ? Complaining about the coach when the players on the ice aren't good enough seems a bit redundant when it comes to Bruins fans.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I agree, but where it concerns CJ, I'll put a little different spin on this comment. It's not just a matter of if the players are good enough or not - It's about what type of player CJ needs on the ice.
    It's MY OPINION that there was enough talent in previous yrs for the Bruins to have had more success. When I said it was more about the players, I was referring to the type of players he needs to be successful. Talent makes every coach better without question. It's my postion that Claude can be effective when he has teams that play with emotion, high compete level and bring a physical edge to the ice. Those elements will have to come from the players themselves rather than from behind the bench. Motivation and emotion are not CJ's strong suit - But given players that bring that style THEMSELVES - he can succeed-OBVIOUSLY.

CJ won a cup- he deserves credit and respect. That doesn't make him perfect either. There were times in the past that CJ earned serious criticism, and sometimes there are still occasional emotional lapses and concerns. But I thought they played there guts out against the Caps. That's really all you could ask from a coach- no complaints because right now they're lacking up front, and that's not the CJ's fault.

Hunwick, Wheeler, Wideman

Marchand, McQuaid, Campbell, Kelly, Peverly

More than just talent - COMPETE

Sections
Shortcuts